• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If Jesus died for our sins...

gotdamn that was a swift and thorough response.

gotdoubledamn what the fuck is "moral" and i spit back.... mfs ain't gettin in this hard ass head cause homie has stepped out for a min and doors locked.
guess im out for another minute. just wanted to see if the waters were on track.
carry on

I am not surprised that the word "moral" confuses those like you.

Regards
DL

If Jesus was God, then God has severe psychological problems.

If he wasn't, then he was as fucked over by God as everyone is.

Of course the easiest solution to this is to believe the Bible isn't the literal divinely inspired word of God. That solves a lot of problems.

Those good days of religious thinking is behind the brain dead literalists.

Things will continue to worsen for religions based on supernatural thinking. I have no problem with their suicide.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

I have no god personally,

Yes you do if you are defining god correctly.

He's probably on cocaine or booze. Makes him mad and he spews shit. the ignorant talk so much, but say so little...You are not your label of a gnostic chiristian, its just a label you use; you have no knowledge to back it up, you dont practice natural law. @Gnostic Bishop you are the very god you don't know; since you dont know yourself, you dont know god. I have no god personally, no religion, no belief system; only observe the way. I wonder what knowledge you have to impart @Gnostic Bishop ? Knowledge means knowledge of life. What do you know of life? What do you know of emptiness?

More than you if you think God practices natural law.

Tell us, in natural law, does nature think it better for offspring to bury their parents or do you think nature prefers that parents bury their children the way your genocidal and infanticidal god did?

As to nature overall.

Let me speak to the lie of Gnostic Christians hating matter.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.
1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.
-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.

[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL

You may know the Word Gnostic but apparently you don’t have the eyes to see what it truly means. You can’t hear the layer under the Word of God.
Love truly is the ONLY WAY, Jesus defeated all enemies by the Cross, clearly you do not KNOW the SON OF GOD.

Literalist fools think they do, literalist fool.

Two things you should but won`t consider.

First.
https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Second.
You want to make Jesus as immoral in his thinking as you obviously are.

It takes quite an ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh.

Regards
DL

I only ever will promote utilitarian religions. Everyone should fight the evil that are mega corporations.

How dare you disrespect the gods we humans, mostly immoral males, have invented!!

Kidding. ----------- You are in the right moral camp.

The Christians forget that Jesus was a Universalist. No Jew or gentile etc.

Gnostic Christians remember Jesus.

Regards
DL

@Gnostic Bishop dude, you just suck. Stop taking so much drugs, learn how to speak. I have no god, I praise your true self @Gnostic Bishop as god, your true self is burried under layer and layers of your little petty ego.

You should listen more until you acquire enough knowledge to say things that people can find truth in. Copy/ and pasting parts of the Gosel of Thomas does not constitute knowledge.

You have no knowledge, friend, so why waste so much words? You have no knowledge. When you acquire knowledge the first thing that will change is how you think of people, and how well you listen to what they are saying. Take off your label of Gnostic christian. Simply practice simplicity and naturality and youll be better off. This religion you follow isnt doing you any good obviously. Get off the drugs. if you want to speak of morality, practice it. If you want to speak of holiness, practice it.

Last edited:
There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

What do you mean by scapegoat? He led by example which is different than selling indulgences. Even then, selling indulgences is a paid labor indicative of your turmoil/guilt. You spend to get back verification of your plight. It's a receipt.

I see where Gnostic is coming from. He's using the Gospel of Thomas

I see where Gnostic is coming from. He's using the Gospel of Thomas

I come from the moral guidance perspective.

Scapegoating and abdicating ones own responsibilities for ones actions is immoral.

Jesus would be immoral if he had asked people to do such an immoral act.

Regards
DL

What do you mean by scapegoat? He led by example which is different than selling indulgences. Even then, selling indulgences is a paid labor indicative of your turmoil/guilt. You spend to get back verification of your plight. It's a receipt.

By example???

Liar.

He led by his Jewish teaching examples, --- whose laws you would have Jesus break, --- for vile immoral thinkers.

On Jesus dying for you.

It takes quite an ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh.

Regards
DL

I come from the moral guidance perspective.

Scapegoating and abdicating ones own responsibilities for ones actions is immoral.

Jesus would be immoral if he had asked people to do such an immoral act.

Regards
DL

I don't really care about Yaweh. Rather i say you're responsible for your thoughts before your actions. Maybe that's pedantic
-G

I don't really care about Yaweh. Rather i say you're responsible for your thoughts before your actions. Maybe that's pedantic
-G

We were talking Jesus and not Yahweh; unless you have bought into Jesus being the Yahweh who can torture and murder babies.

Is that your Jesus?

If so, I have this future O.P. I am working on and if that is how you see Jesus, he says you might be just like him.

==================

Is the doctrine of the only begotten son a lie?

Jesus seems to indicate that it is. Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

You don't need to quote the verse to me. I had to learn it from school

you're responsible for your thoughts before your actions. Maybe that's pedantic

Partially.

We are all products of those we interact with. They hold some responsibility for the way we all think. This cannot be otherwise in the tribal form of human life. Call it social conditioning, peer pleasure etc. This does not take away from my agreement with your statement.

The imaginary gods and their imaginary heavens can and should be universalists in their laws and judgements. Here in reality, we have to assign individual and hierarchical punishments.

As to pedantic. IDK.

Regards
DL