• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Ideas for an improvised binky?

Agree l, laying off would be best solution, and I have a plan for that.

I was diagnosed with TMJ soon after puberty, and I have tried a few wonky therapies over the years. The only effective treatments have been cyclobenzaprine, which is very difficult to get written for me with my abuse history, and my own mindfulness skills and mediation/relaxation.

Believe it or not, the actual jaw clench is this powerful for about 36-48 hours when I go through acute alcohol withdrawal without a benzo taper (DO NOT DO TGIS), but it fades quickly.

The consequences of drug use folks! When I do have TMJ headaches I would say they are a 6-7 on a scale of 0-10, perhaps I tolerate them better since I started doing so when I was younger and very strong. I have them infrequently now, maybe once a year or every other. Are they related to my stim abuse? I can’t say they aren’t, just that they don’t correspond to it temporally. TMJ pain is persistent though, and once it digs in it frequently triggers an alcoholic relapse, which relieves them, and the cycle continues. I haven’t had one since Summer 2019.
You can get Botox injections for TMJ as well as corticosteroid ones. Worth looking into.

You can get Botox injections for TMJ as well as corticosteroid ones. Worth looking into.
I was going to try the steroids but that doctor went with cyclobenzaprine instead. This was years ago.

I will look into Botox but I am skeptical that would be therapeutic for TMJ.

I’ve tried massage, electromagnetic something or other, and herbal remedies. My episodes are infrequent so perhaps they helped prevent more, who can say. Once one digs in I know massage doesn’t help and I am skeptical the other three would. The cyclobenzaprine def helps even after the tension is locked in.

The doggie chew toy is almost perfect.

Pros:
Very comfortable and almost instant relief.
More comfortable and durable than a dentist’s mouth guard, pen cap, pen, or pillow corner.
More comfortable than a boxing mouth guard.
Should last forever.
Smells like bacon.

Cons:
Even in private, I feel like an idiot. Would not use in public.
It squeaks. Only if you grab it the wrong way though, it’s not squeaking away the whole time I am using it.
More tweaker kit to explain. (I don’t have a dog.)

Ok man, thanks! I hope it’s stronger than a mouth guard or you are looking at a much shorter penis.
The way I see it, if you are homophobic it may lead to curing of the desire for oral fixation, or you will find out that sucking penis is a good way to satiate your oral desire, and help out men that need to cum.

WIN WIN

The way I see it, if you are homophobic it may lead to curing of the desire for oral fixation, or you will find out that sucking penis is a good way to satiate your oral desire, and help out men that need to cum.

WIN WIN

We are discussing bruxism. Oral fixation is another thread.

Ok now before you read this and think I just picked up again, I will overthink and tweak even when I am not smoking tweak. It’s called brain damage!

Super Stealth Binky
I wanted to go make lunch and figured out how to make a heavy duty stealth binky from my dog toy.

I put the nub of toy I cut off between my molars with the foam facing my inner cheek. When my jaw bites down there is tons of support and it is very comfortable. If I relax my jaw or talk, suction is crated on the wall of my cheek and holds the Super Stealth Binky in place.

Don’t use it if you think you might choke on it, taking benzos, laying on your back, going to sleep.

I can still use the dog toy as a binky for falling asleep.

Neither binky makes the toy squeak noise anymore so that’s a plus.

edit: used i.e. but meant e.g.

Last edited:
Ok now before you read this and think I just picked up again, I will overthink and tweak even when I am not smoking tweak. It’s called brain damage!

Super Stealth Binky
I wanted to go make lunch and figured out how to make a heavy duty stealth binky from my dog toy.

I put the nub of toy I cut off between my molars with the foam facing my inner cheek. When my jaw bites down there is tons of support and it is very comfortable. If I relax my jaw or talk, suction is crated on the wall of my cheek and holds the Super Stealth Binky in place.

Don’t use it if you think you might choke on it, i.e. taking benzos, laying on your back, going to sleep.

Did you actually go out and buy a dog toy after I recommended it or is this an old one of your dog’s that he was done with?

Super Stealth Binky

Don’t use it if you think you might choke on it, i.e. taking benzos, laying on your back, going to sleep.

You know, this is me being just a bit super crazy because obviously meth isn’t good for you but really that foam isn’t either. The chemicals in that shit shouldn’t be swallowed ya know?

I really would find a proper thick mouth guard.

You know, this is me being just a bit super crazy because obviously meth isn’t good for you but really that foam isn’t either. The chemicals in that shit shouldn’t be swallowed ya know?

I really would find a proper thick mouth guard.
I pulled the foam out but I doubt it is toxic for me if Fido can eat it. That wuss can’t even handle chocolate!

I pulled the foam out but I doubt it is toxic for me if Fido can eat it. That wuss can’t even handle chocolate!
It’s toxic as hell. Anyway, just letting you know its not wise to be chewing that foam.

Long term I have adult binkies coming tomorrow and one of these coming from Aussie:

As the biggest per capita users of meth in the world - we know watcha need and we got you covered!

As the biggest per capita users of meth in the world - we know watcha need and we got you covered!
I have a question about that. I was reading a post about Australian mEtHaMpHeTaMiNe and is it really thousands of Aussie dollars a gram?