• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Ideas for an improvised binky?

ControlDaddy

Bluelighter
I have a pair of cool black adult-sized pacifiers coming tomorrow but my need is far more urgent!

My bruxism and tongue gurning has been sucking the life out of me since I put down the glass dick about 24 hours ago. I’m well saturated in mag, well hydrated and fed and supplemented in general, and resting in bed with some interspersed difficult sleep.

I’ve tried a plastic pen, just the cap, gum, more gum, and a piece of leather that was too hard. My jaws are insanely strong and it’s hard not to just shatter things like a pen. I used to use a binky when raving on MDMA/MDA as a youth and I never bit through one? I’ve called local to me and the grocery and target don’t sell the baby ones.

Any ideas on substitutes or who else would sell binkies? I can drive at this point to get something you suggest.

thanks!

Last edited:
I’ve called local to me and the grocery and target don’t sell the baby ones.

Any ideas on substitutes or who else would sell binkies? I can drive at this point to get something you suggest.

Around here a pharmacy would be first stop for something like that. Another option would be to hit the pet store for a chew toy for a small-size dog. I presume you only use it in the comfort of your own home....

Around here a pharmacy would be first stop for something like that. Another option would be to hit the pet store for a chew toy for a small-size dog. I presume you only use it in the comfort of your own home....
Pet chew toy is a great idea, thank you!

I know you are in a hurry. But longer term wandering around with a pacifier in your mouth is too weird. Check out this store that has actual chew toys for human kids. Apparently it’s a thing for kids with ADHD and other disorders. I think I’m going to get one of the necklaces. Could be very handy given how far down my tech are ground. https://sistersensory.com.au/produc...xZoDB6159lASB7lgTRpc6RFmhJU0LRMBoCdf0QAvD_BwE

I know you are in a hurry. But longer term wandering around with a pacifier in your mouth is too weird. Check out this store that has actual chew toys for human kids. Apparently it’s a thing for kids with ADHD and other disorders. I think I’m going to get one of the necklaces. Could be very handy given how far down my tech are ground. https://sistersensory.com.au/produc...xZoDB6159lASB7lgTRpc6RFmhJU0LRMBoCdf0QAvD_BwE
You are amazing. I ordered a large grabber. It sounds perfect as I need something betweenn my molars that extends out of my mouth and that I wont swallow. Please report back on the necklace.

Largely because of dex but meth has contributed. i need a chew toy bad!

Yowzers. I get significant bruxism even at therapeutic levels of dex, and even in total abstinence I grind while I sleep.

I seem to have been blessed with a pretty tough set of chompera. At 43 with 20 years of amp abuse I have yet to lose a tooth or even get a cavity! They have always been a dark yellow and I’m not a big coffee tea or tobacco user, but I’ll take the exchange.

Last edited:
apparently my teeth are yellowish because I’ve worn through the enamel. That’s the natural colour of teeth. They’re not white all the way through.

The dentist reckons I should sleep with a silicon guard to stop grinding while I sleep. It’s like $800 to have it fitted and very unsexy. He doesn’t know I do most grinding when I’m awake. In any case I’ve got a bit of dental work to be done before too long.

Why not buy mouth guards? You don’t need to pay loads of money for them. You can have ones made that don’t break the bank. Just search bruxism mouth guards.

apparently my teeth are yellowish because I’ve worn through the enamel. That’s the natural colour of teeth. They’re not white all the way through.

The dentist reckons I should sleep with a silicon guard to stop grinding while I sleep. It’s like $800 to have it fitted and very unsexy. He doesn’t know I do most grinding when I’m awake. In any case I’ve got a bit of dental work to be done before too long.
$800 you could instead use on novel RCs? I use the kind that you fit yourself after dropping into boiling water, and except for the fact I spit it out prolly as soon as I fall asleep it works great. Those are 2 for $25 here. I have used my boxing gum guard too and it seems effective except for I spit it out too.

Why not buy mouth guards? You don’t need to pay loads of money for them. You can have ones made that don’t break the bank. Just search bruxism mouth guards.
They work normally but my jaw clench right now is extra methamphetamine strength. I was using the one I had yesterday and after an hour I chewed through it. I can buy new ones but I don’t know how I would fit them, I can open my mouth but barely.

They work normally but my jaw clench right now is extra methamphetamine strength. I was using the one I had yesterday and after an hour I chewed through it. I can buy new ones but I don’t know how I would fit them, I can open my mouth but barely.
You’re going to have to get it seen to properly. You need mouth guards at the minimum. What happens when you need dental treatment? Your mouth will be so stiff they will have to put you under or put you through a really painful procedure.

You’re going to have to get it seen to properly. You need mouth guards at the minimum. What happens when you need dental treatment? Your mouth will be so stiff they will have to put you under or put you through a really painful procedure.
I am not sure what you mean can you clarify?

The clench should lighten up the longer I abstain and the more rest I get, IME. I am not disagreeing with you I am just saying I would have to have prepared them already (and now I know that I need more than one to be fitted and ready).

I’m going to go get a Dog chew toy though to use in privacy and save on the mouth guards in case I do binge again (likely).

The clench should lighten up the longer I abstain and the more rest I get, IME. I am not disagreeing with you I am just saying I would have to have prepared them already (and now I know that I need more than one to be fitted and ready).

I’m going to go get a Dog chew toy though to use in privacy and save on the mouth guards in case I do binge again (likely).
I believe the gurning and grinding can last a long time if you’ve been a heavy user and/or if you are on any kind of anti-psychotic. It’s not entirely dose-dependent.

I mean, the more you bite and the harder you bite the more damage you are doing. It’s going to lead to you needing dental treatment. TMJ pain is no joke and if you fuck up your jaw enough to develop that you’ll be kicking yourself.

I would really encourage you seeing your Dr and just tell them you grind your teeth so badly that you’re wearing out mouth guards. (It might be a dentist you see for that in US, it’s a dr here).

A muscle relaxer at night would be preferable to stop you from clenching so badly. You can also get injections into the jaw.

I believe you are right. I was going hard for three weeks straight. At least a gram a day. I swallowed a one gram bag when the car I was in was pulled over on Thursday, so it’s also possible that opened inside me at some point and has overdosed me. (I have been checking my daily BM but no sign of gram of baggie yet).

And that’s very good to know, as I normally take Abilify or Seroquel. I was still taking Abilify the first week of the binge, then stopped. That might be why this is such a powerful side effect this time.

I believe you are right. I was going hard for three weeks straight. At least a gram a day. I swallowed a one gram bag when the car I was in was pulled over on Thursday, so it’s also possible that opened inside me at some point and has overdosed me. (I have been checking my daily BM but no sign of gram of baggie yet).

And that’s very good to know, as I normally take Abilify or Seroquel. I was still taking Abilify the first week of the binge, then stopped. That might be why this is such a powerful side effect this time.
Definitely. Similar experience to me. Meth + Abilify can induce a kind of Tardive Dyskinesia with facial muscles including your jaw and tongue. Mine eventually wore of when I reduced Abilify and kept my dex minimal. However it was still evident a month after quitting a 1g per day meth bender.

Yeah look, try and cut back a bit. TMJ pain is one of the worst pains you can experience and it’s nigh on impossible to control it once it starts.

You will end up with tooth/jaw issues if you continue.

Definitely get more mouth guards for a start. They do make good thick ones for sports.

Yeah look, try and cut back a bit. TMJ pain is one of the worst pains you can experience and it’s nigh on impossible to control it once it starts.

You will end up with tooth/jaw issues if you continue.

Definitely get more mouth guards for a start. They do make good thick ones for sports.
Agree l, laying off would be best solution, and I have a plan for that.

I was diagnosed with TMJ soon after puberty, and I have tried a few wonky therapies over the years. The only effective treatments have been cyclobenzaprine, which is very difficult to get written for me with my abuse history, and my own mindfulness skills and mediation/relaxation.

Believe it or not, the actual jaw clench is this powerful for about 36-48 hours when I go through acute alcohol withdrawal without a benzo taper (DO NOT DO THIS YOU ), but it fades quickly.

The consequences of drug use folks! When I do have TMJ headaches I would say they are a 6-7 on a scale of 0-10, perhaps I tolerate them better since I started doing so when I was younger and very strong. I have them infrequently now, maybe once a year or every other. Are they related to my stim abuse? I can’t say they aren’t, just that they don’t correspond to it temporally. TMJ pain is persistent though, and once it digs in it frequently triggers an alcoholic relapse, which relieves them, and the cycle continues. I haven’t had one since Summer 2019.

edit: fixed typo, added emphasis

Last edited: