• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

i hate alcohol!

Originally posted by -Thoth
Everybody comes crawling back to the bar sooner or later.

word

I'm cool *because* I drink ;)

vurt....this is just the 'I'm never drinking again' next day hangover thing. you'll be fine next week and ready to do it all again. trust me.

I love alcohol. Sometimes I wish I had worse hangovers than I did....it would give me some incentive not to drink. But I just can't help it when it's so much damn FUN!! =D

Backo - cheers ;)

coming back from a week of wine tasting at the Barossa valley, Clare Vally and the Coonawara in Adelaide, I'm inclined to disagree with you vurt.

Booze is the shit.

Call me this weekend and we can drink some the bottles I bought home ;)

vurt: it is ur monday ritual that u say all drugs are bad 8) even though today aint mon but u get the drift :\

And alkie is not bad .... u just had too much!! :p

im sure u will love alkie again when u wake up fresh 2moro =D

however, i do hate the hangovers of vodka!!! :X

nezo said:
coming back from a week of wine tasting at the Barossa valley, Clare Vally and the Coonawara in Adelaide, I'm inclined to disagree with you vurt.

Booze is the shit.

Call me this weekend and we can drink some the bottles I bought home ;)

ok, i'm officially jealous now!

Backo said:
And harl3quin wtf ... are u trying to provoke me...??? sorry the image of alcohol drinkers wont be exploited here I will not get mad at u and swing at u..... but I think your patronising attitude is not helpful

The truth hurts, doesn't it? ;)

You all keep telling yourself that your drugs are so so much better... you think a drug addict is any better than an alcoholic? Seriously, think about what you're saying.. all I see is an "I'm so much better coz I've found the miraculous world that is illicit drug use". If you had access to an unlimited amount of drugs at say $5/pill (about the price of a pint of beer) you dont think that youd maybe take 10? If beer was $35 a glass people would prolly have a lot less and enjoy the lesser effects...

*cracks open a coopers and sits around having fun*

I find alcohol makes me want to run around and do stuff a whole lot more than a pill does thats for sure. I may not be able to see anything properly but god damn I'm having a blast!

The only reason I dislike alcohol in excess is because its the only thing that I completely lose control of myself when I'm on. When I'm obsurdly drunk I tend to end up in situations that I look back on the next day and say "Jesus Christ what the fuck was I thinking?!?" :)

Ahhhhh sweet alcohol.

stace.

Last edited:
Alcohol the cause and solution to all lifes problems. If there was no alcohol the amount of relationships would be cut at least 50%.

twominds:

Yeah, but the amount of relationship problems would be cut by the same amount.

And more importantly... if there was no alcohol, the amount of beer and top shelf scotch would be cut by 100%.

Think about it

haste - we'll open a bottle of 97 penfolds shiraz on anime nite :D

Saying one drug is better than the other is stupid. Everyone has their favourites.

for instance, i could argue the point that lsd is superior to mdma: because lsd feels great, you dont get comedowns and is a much more pleasant experience, whereas mdma is weird, gives you comedowns and is a more likely to land you in a narky headplace the next day.

i could also argue that mdma is better than lsd by arguing the same points, but changing the words lsd and mdma in two places.

its all a matter of personal preference. To argue one thing is better than another because that is your preference, is a waste of time. other people will have differing opinions to you.

personally, i enjoy a bottle of fine wine exactly the same amount that i enjoy a good pill. they are both expensive, both make you feel all warm and yummy, both land you in a nasty headplace the next day, and both make you wish you didnt have to go to work. on the other hand, You can drink 10 glasses of wine and not be much of a chemical danger to yourself, but if you eat 10 pills you are running the risk of serious neurotoxicity.

They are all drugs, they all produce completely different effects to eachother, they should all be appreciated in their own ways. one is not better than the other.

Andromeda:)

^^Too Right!

It is my personal opinion that alcohol is right for certain occasions and not right for others. There have been many times where i have wished that i had not been drunk in such an occasion and regretted my consumption, but ultimately i'm not going to stop drinking alcohol because something happened whilst drunk that i now regret.

All drugs are damaging, and just because a drug is socially acceptable doesn't mean that it is less harmful than an illicit drug. Let's not forget that MDMA was legal until 1984, LSD until the late 50's (I think), and that opium was a widely used painkiller in the 1800's. They were socially acceptable in their time also.
I think the reason why alcohol gets such a bad rap from illicit drug users is because it IS socially acceptable, therefore there is a far larger % of the general populus who partake in a weekend drinking ritual, threfore leading to far greater statistics in terms of fatalities, illness, and underage consumption.

Just because alcohol can be considered "classy" when we go wine tasting or whatever, it doesn't mean that there is not a risk associated with it. I'm not saying that everyone who goes to he Huter Valley is going to maim several small children on their way home that evening, but i do think that alcohol should be treated with as much caution and respect as any other drug.

I have no problems with alcohol. I don't drink heaps and heaps, but that is simply because i believe that everything in Moderation is good... the same way i will only take one or two pills or tabs when i go out, not six or seven. 8)

BopGirl said:

After a big night on the piss, you tend to sit wrapped around the toilet bowl wondering what the fuck happened the night before. The morning after a night on pills you sleep then ring your mates and discuss what a fucking top night it was and when your going to do it again.
wot about the fukin harsh come down after a night on the pills, and feeling like crying at a drop of a hat, and feeling like the whole world is against you, thats gotta be worse than a spew.

I'm a professional drinker , and all you have to do is to drink water to avoid a hangover.

The plus that a night on the pills has is having more control over your actions than you have on alcohol. and being a better dancer. but we don't really have to compare them after all.

originally posted by -Thoth:
However, if you bitch about alchohol and then sing the praises of MDMA being clean, harmless and fantastic... You are a moron.
I think 'moron' is pretty harsh, but otherwise I agree with you. When most people start out they abandon alcohol for a while, but we all come crawling back. The best nights out I have with my friends are invariably alcohol related. It's loud, it's funny, its messy. It's everything embarassing rolled into one. And maybe I'm a sadist but I love those mornings and you wake up thinking, "what the...."

I love alcohol.

Booya

-Thoth said:
I like alchohol, and dislike drug snobs. If you hate a particular drug, fair enough. However, if you bitch about alchohol and then sing the praises of MDMA being clean, harmless and fantastic... You are a moron.

:D :D :D

Fair enough I've probably had more nights after drinking that I have sworn never again, but I've consumed to excess far more times for drinking than drugs.

Moderation is a lovely word.

So is vodka.

See how it just rolls off the tongue.

;)

Last edited:
When i first started taking pills a yr ago my whole perception of the world changed which also included the way i felt about alcohol and the whole clubbing scene that went with it

i thought the ppl that went out 2 get drunk were stupid for just going out, getting pissed, hanging off each other saying in there pissed ways "i wove u man!!!" , getting that disorientated, making a complete fool of thenselves, having a spew, then having a hangover for 2 days and feeling like complete crap.

but really when i thought about it pills can do all the above aswell just in a different way

i swpre off alcohol when i started pilling cos i saw it as the less 'intelligent' thing to do *rolls eyes*

i love my pills and would definitely take a pill over a drink anyday but i just cant afford it and sometimes i just feel like a drink every now and again and getting sloshed every now and again aswell *looks at friday drunk thread* 8)

i also think though that all drugs are bad mmmkkaaayyyy but everything in moderation

i know ive done my dash when it comes to acid...ive done way 2 much of it in he last 6 mths and never really had a come down off it until the last time off some hardcore liquid and i came crashing down hard

*remembers her dreadlocks*

so everything is good and bad , u just have to remember to use it safely and wisely but remember kiddies theres no such thing as safe drug use ;)

yer its the worst!!!! it one that shouldnt be legal
pills should be legal
haha
alcohol isnt that enjoyable to me, you talk to much crap, and feel bad in the morn, for no fun the night before!1!

and you end up fucking some slutty skank hoe in a public place

or hear what you did through rumors

-Thoth said:
No, your puritannical ethic does.

My objection to alcohol doesn't stem from any kind of religious ethic. The mere suggestion is quite absurd. My objection stems from the fact that because alcohol is legal and considered a "social drug" people think that the (ab)use of it is somehow acceptable. In my opinion alcohol is every bit as much as dangerous as any illegal drug, and it is one of the inherent flaws in our society that we allow people to have access to it while conveniently ignoring the damage it is doing. If you enjoy a quiet glass of whatever in the privacy and comfort of your own home, and drink in moderation and don't endanger other peoples lives, well then good on you - you are in my opinion on par with anyone else doing any other drug in a similar manner - responsibility in drug consumption is important. Unfortunately this kind of responsibility is a rare thing, which is why there are so many alcohol related deaths each year. What I find particularly despicable are deaths caused by drunk people...and if you've ever had a loved one killed or injured by a drunk driver, then you will be able to understand.

I enjoy taking drugs responsibly and in moderation, and make sure there are long gaps in between, because I enjoy having a good night out just like anyone else, but I don't want to end up permanantly damaging my liver or brain or any other important organ. I was under the impression that bluelight was all about harm minimisation? Well my opinion in regards to that is this: I don't like alcohol, I choose not to drink it, I and people close to me have been adversely affected by the consumption of alcohol, and I think it is disgusting that the government outlaws some drugs while allowing others (such as alcohol and cigarettes) to destroy lives with their seal of approval.

The thread is called "I hate alchohol!" and the original post is all about how bad the person feels after its consumption. But how many posts follow on by saying how much they enjoy it but how bad they feel after "too much" and blah blah blah? Well as Einstein said "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." So my orignal point stands, the truth hurts - Im entitled to state my opinion, and if my opinions get you all uptight or upset, maybe you should think about why that is exactly, before replying and implying that I am somehow in the wrong. :\