• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I coughed up a pill in my throat on the ground. It's been in a container for over a month any bacteria that would make sick should be gone right?

So .. many years ago in 1997 in a club called sankeys soap at a classic night called bugged out (do not confuse with the spin off mega club) I dropped a gram of whizz on the floor. As it was the 90s I was so poor that if I lost my drugs .. that was it for the night .. and you better believe I wasn't down with that. A quick search of the toilet floor turned up my paper rap (2 hours) and it's sludgy brown contents ... and you better believe I took it (it's grim up norf!). Although it didn't come up properly it was enough to get my tired body and make it join in the huge group movement, interaction and beat alignment event. In good Manchester style I went home to a speed come down tempered only by tea and vinyl (no downers, food, sleep or more drugs). I didn't get any sicker than normal.

The moral of this story is that your digestive system is pretty tolerant. You can get sick .. think like an animal eating things off the ground. Parasites are probably most likely to survive the digestion (some can be nasty!) .. but there is some further risk depending on ROI. Easily avoided .. you should worry more about out of date or improperly cooked protein. Cold turkey fentanyl withdrawal (from a good habit) ... cholera .. botulism. They're the ones that'll kill you. All unlikely from a pill with some dirt you scrapped off.

Ffs! If I drop a potato chip in the middle of a maintenance shop floor, I would not be scared to eat the chip, and yes I wouldn't think, I would consume it without a second thought. But. I have an insane immune system, only bested by a Greek God, if there were such a person.

Ffs! If I drop a potato chip in the middle of a maintenance shop floor, I would not be scared to eat the chip, and yes I wouldn't think, I would consume it without a second thought. But. I have an insane immune system, only bested by a Greek God, if there were such a person.

Exactly, best to eat it right away instead of store it in a container at room temperature and let the bacteria multiply.

Reactions: R3K
Imagine this situation in the bedroom. Ewww, your vagina has bacteria, I'm not eating that, haha.

I always forget, that not all of us here are English as a first language. If the OP ment viruses, then I apologize for the jokes.

I would have, lol. Especially if it dropped into sitting water in the floor. At that point, it was take it immediately or throw it out, or at a minimum immediately wipe it off with alcohol to try to sterilize it before they can grow further, because the water is breeding grounds for nasty shit. I've had blood infections, endocarditis and heart surgery though because of bacteria infections, so I have PTSD from those little fuckers.

I do believe I mean viruses, not bacteria by the way everyone has been responding.

Just curious how did you acquire those infections I don't want to make guess. You don't have to tell me if you don't want though it's not important.

Reactions: R3K
^ Iv drug use. The problem is when the bacteria gets into your bloodstream, our body is pretty good at destroying them before they can get there, unless you directly bypass the defense mechanisms we have and inject it in there directly. In regards to viruses, even SARS-CoV-2 couldn't have survived in there that long.

Yeah, that wouldn't of even crossed my mind thinking about germs and bacteria, lol. Plug it, your ass is going to get sick anyway, hehe.
I suppose for me it would depend on the type of pill as well hehe.

If it's xanax I wouldn't care if it was ruined/useless or not but I know benzos have a cult following in the USA. Never found the thrill in benzos. If it was something else though.... something that alleviates pain... or that improves one's focus...

This got me thinking of this scene in the movie trainspotting, lol.

I remember when they were £10 a pill (MDMA), you didn't waste it. That portaloo did remind me of trainspotting! I learned not to be sick after that

I’ve eaten so many drugs off the ground.. Come on for real any addict here knows they’ve gone carpet scrounging.

I’ll never forget the best find, sick as fuck with no hope for any opiates so me and my friend were searching the ground. I stumbled upon a 30mg chunk of an 80mg oxy and about cried.

-GC

In the depth of lots of serious drug talk, this one makes me chuckle. I don't want to ridicule your question, it's always worth asking. But 😊😂😂 I think having access to internet makes people more paranoid. I hope you took this pill by now hun.

In the depth of lots of serious drug talk, this one makes me chuckle. I don't want to ridicule your question, it's always worth asking. But 😊😂😂 I think having access to internet makes people more paranoid. I hope you took this pill by now hun.

I did mention I meant viruses as I've recently recovered from vomiting for 5 days presumably from a stomach bug. I've been getting sick with the stomach bug (or something like that) very frequently. It's only now that I've been washing my hands more consitently specifically when entering my house that I'm no longer getting sick and vomitting.

I'm hoping I'll never ever need to be in the position to consider taking the pill. Even if I did need to take the pill by the time I get to that point I'd be better off with other options instead of just buying time for one more day. It's in my freezer now regardless.

You could probably just boof it too right?

By boof it are you talking about plugging it or rectal absorption?

Good question I would think that swallowing it and having your stomach acidity destroy the bacteria or virus whatever were referring to right now would be safer but I'm clearly no expert on this topic... maybe someone with more knowledge in this area knows the answer to this question?

Last edited:
I did mention I meant viruses as I've recently recovered from vomiting for 5 days presumably from a stomach bug. I've been getting sick with the stomach bug (or something like that) very frequently. It's only now that I've been washing my hands more consitently specifically when entering my house that I'm no longer getting sick and vomitting.

I'm hoping I'll never ever need to be in the position to consider taking the pill. Even if I did need to take the pill by the time I get to that point I'd be better off with other options instead of just buying time for one more day. It's in my freezer now regardless.
You could always give it to someone else 😂😂

Oh god no I couldn't knowingly do that to someone. I mean maybe if it was just a pill that fell on the floor and was not coughed up lol. Most people wouldn't care even I told them especially a month ago like me they'd assume it's fine. For harm reduction sake though if someone is using a stomach acid-reducer or plans to take one at the same as taking a pill like this that might not be a good idea. Maybe unless if it's dry and you picked it up quicly your fine... google says it takes 3 to 300 seconds depending on what the object that was dropped, where, was it wet before it gets bacteria on it or dirty in general I guess.

By boof it are you talking about plugging it or rectal absorption?

Good question I would think that swallowing it and having your stomach acidity destroy the bacteria or virus whatever were referring to right now would be safer but I'm clearly no expert on this topic... maybe someone with more knowledge in this area knows the answer to this question?

Swallowing it would definitely be safer by a significant factor.

I’ve eaten so many drugs off the ground.. Come on for real any addict here knows they’ve gone carpet scrounging.

I’ll never forget the best find, sick as fuck with no hope for any opiates so me and my friend were searching the ground. I stumbled upon a 30mg chunk of an 80mg oxy and about cried.

-GC

Omg no way.

That just doesn't happen! What did you do to deserve such an unnatural act of kindness? Seriously anyone who has been dopesick before knows how remarkable what you just said is LOL.