• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I coughed up a pill in my throat on the ground. It's been in a container for over a month any bacteria that would make sick should be gone right?

Drag2019

Bluelighter
As the title says I coughed up a pill and it hit the dirty floor all wet. I put in a pill container and it's now slightly disintegrated but otherwise it's not visibly dirty. I want to be on the safe side and not end puking my guts out from a stomach bug virus or something. I assume any bacteria on the ground it came into contact with would have died by now from sitting in a container and sitting on my shelf for so long correct?

Apparently I meant Viruses not bacteria hopefully that clears things up. Too bad this post became a mess before I figured this out.

Last edited:
Complete opposite, my friend. It will have exponentially more bacteria on it, by now. They multiply and multiply and multiply, unless the container was in a vacuum or at a temperature that would kill them. Although, if your intention was to swallow it, everything you eat has bacteria on it. That's what stomach acid and our other body's defense mechanisms are for. Too much bacteria though, and you might not feel well for a while. Those little bastards are resistant little fuckers.

Last edited:
Reactions: R3K
Would a quick rinse with 99% isopropyl work ya think?

Lol. I remember many years ago doing that in a portaloo at a festival. I still took it straight away, didn't wait.

Swap it with alcohol pads.
Don't IV it, you can eat it.
Eating little bacteria gives you better power fighting them.
There's study that eating the green stuff from inside your nose increases you resistances.

All of this over one pill? What is it?? I dropped a valium on the ground a few weeks ago... on a main street sidewalk. I immediately picked it up, wiped it slightly with an alcohol swab and swallowed it. I survived.

All of this over one pill? What is it?? I dropped a valium on the ground a few weeks ago... on a main street sidewalk. I immediately picked it up, wiped it slightly with an alcohol swab and swallowed it. I survived.
The covid has made people paranoid man.

Swap it with alcohol pads.
Don't IV it, you can eat it.
Eating little bacteria gives you better power fighting them.
There's study that eating the green stuff from inside your nose increases you resistances.

LMFAO! Gross there is a study about eating green stuff from inside your nose! Hilarious and interesting at the same time.

I just recovered from a stomach bug and was puking for 5 days so that's why I'm as my pills are running low. I'm thinking of taking it when I say bacteria I mean anything that can make me seriously ill like E-Coli for example I know like Hepatitis C if left on the surface of a straw can survive for 14 Days.

I know Google said that if you pick something up before like 3 to 300 seconds after u drop it there is a possibility depending on what it is and what it touched etc. that there might not be any dirt for lack of a better word on it.

You should have put it in a baggie in the freezer straight away. Bacteria and viruses have a fairly narrow viable temperature range and freezing should eliminate them. However, with bacteria, it's their metabolic byproducts (I.e. shit) that are toxic, not the bacteria themselves. Therefore, if you've had potentially pathogenic bacteria multiplying on your pill for the last month and depositing their germ poo all over it, killing the bacteria now may not eliminate the problem.

But if there was really anything nasty on there, you would expect to see some discolouration at least. So you'll probably be ok just sticking it in the freezer for a few days, rinsing it under a tap, then shoving down your neck.

But for future reference if this happens again - rinse then freeze immediately...

When you've been puking up green bile for 5 straight days and unable to eat with aching painful legs because of it. You'd hesitate to eat anything off the floor and the Pill is not something I can easily rinse off with running water without disintegrating I could probably wipe it off with a wet hand towel though and then stick it in the freezer.

I don't exactly require consuming it right away I still got plenty of my stash left and hopefully can get more before I start running low and it's gets to close to refill day. Would waiting 6 Months or some make a difference?

Would waiting 6 Months or some make a difference?

For bacteria, no, it will get worse. Bacteria are everywhere, there is no way to get rid of them, short of boiling it in water for 2 to 3 minutes, and even then, some will survive! If you're worried about a virus, then it's dead by now in the almost impossible chance it came into contact with one on the floor. As long as you're not injecting it and bypassing your body's defense mechanisms, the chances of anything bad happening are slim to none.

I'm just worried about it making me puke my guts out that shouldn't be a risk correct?

I'm just worried about it making me puke my guts out that shouldn't be a risk correct?

Unless you can see mold, or a bad smell, then highly, highly unlikely. The bacteria growing on it are on everything else you eat all day long. All of us have MRSA, among countless other bacteria and fungus all over our skin, it never causes us any problems, unless we bypass our defense mechanisms and inject it directly into our bloodstream. I would still wipe it off with alcohol swabs though or something, the only concern I can think of is you said it's somewhat disintegrated, and water carries some nasty bacteria in it. I mean, if it looks or smells weird, is throwing it away not an option? Any time you let water sit, it becomes a petri dish for growth.

Last edited:
It looks and smells completely fine.

Thanks for the answer Deru hopefully I won't have to take it but if I do I will just whipe it off with alcohol swabs and simply just swallow it.

It looks and smells completely fine.

Thanks for the answer Deru hopefully I won't have to take it but if I do I will just whipe it off with alcohol swabs and simply just swallow it.

If you're going to wait to take it, place it in a very cold environment, it will prevent the growth of further bacteria (same concept of why we put food in the freezer, and that would be the best place if it's available.) If you leave it in a hot or humid environment, you will give them an environment to continue to grow.

Surprised someone took the time to post this question. Pretty 99% of us would've eaten it without hesitation.
Yeah, that wouldn't of even crossed my mind thinking about germs and bacteria, lol. Plug it, your ass is going to get sick anyway, hehe.

Yeah, that wouldn't of even crossed my mind thinking about germs and bacteria, lol. Plug it, your ass is going to get sick anyway, hehe.

If you dropped a pill and had a bunch more of them to take you wouldn't be thinking "why would I take this pill I just coughed up on the ground that's all wet now after puking for 5 days not wanting to repeat that... especially when I got a bunch of other pills dry that didn't fall on the ground?"

That's what was going through my mind lol?

If you dropped a pill and had a bunch more of them to take you wouldn't be thinking "why would I take this pill I just coughed up on the ground that's all wet now after puking for 5 days not wanting to repeat that... especially when I got a bunch of other pills dry that didn't fall on the ground?"

That's what was going through my mind lol?

I would have, lol. Especially if it dropped into sitting water in the floor. At that point, it was take it immediately or throw it out, or at a minimum immediately wipe it off with alcohol to try to sterilize it before they can grow further, because the water is breeding grounds for nasty shit. I've had blood infections, endocarditis and heart surgery though because of bacteria infections, so I have PTSD from those little fuckers.