• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help hydrocodone withdrawal; sudden cessation of meds possible i am very scared; 63 years old help?

i think with aging with the pandemic with all the pressures of life to first add in having to kick drugs suddenly i couldnt handle it; im a widower; i care for a profoundly autistic adult child; i run a major boutique production unit on no money; i deal with killers 24 7 and its like if i had to deal with one more heavy thing my brains would come out my ears like a smoothie; thank you guys so much for your support; but what will i do with all the kratom? ( and the scale? ) ( and the medical cannibas i ordered in bulk? )
We know exactly what you were experiencing, friend. Most of us live with situations like that near daily.

Keep the kratom, did you enjoy it? I find it to be a great coffee replacement.

Keep it in case you need it again. Very handy to have.

Same with the weed. Both of those are useful for another future stressful day.

If you still practice psychology I hope this was a humbling experience when working with addicts.

Even one of the most brilliant modern psychologists I know Dr. Peterson experienced his own similar episode with benzodiazapines later in life.

It's something you need to experience for yourself to truly understand I believe.

Best of luck to you friend stay well

thank you guys so much for your support; but what will i do with all the kratom? ( and the scale? ) ( and the medical cannibas i ordered in bulk? )
Vacuum bag the kratom and keep it so your mind is at peace if it starts playing tricks one day again. I hope it doesn't come to that but maybe you will have to use it in the future. Better to have it stashed away (kratom) so you can be sure that if some problems with prescription arise you will not go into withdrawal. If you vacuum bag kratom it can preserve quality for few years. After 2 years it could loose 20% of potency but if needed for withdrawal you will be glad you have it by your side. :)

@WriterDirector58 , hows it going brother??
I hope all is well "Up-island" I am out east! same age, and do wory a lot more now than I did as a younger man??
I also take hydrocodone and am dependent on it.
thanks

I’ve lurked around this site for years. Never new there was a recovery section. So this is my first response.

I feel for you. Kratom & clonidine has made
me as completely comfortable while withdrawals as well as prevention. I’m still debating if suboxone is safer then Kratom. ( Bali is the strain used as far as opiod help ) I can say regardless of how bad they say kratom is, it has prevented me 100% from drug seeking as well as buying meds off the street.

I still am struggling with other things, but on the opiode side of things or a situation similar to yours, I would bet anything it would save you 75% of the W/Ds and suffering. Good luck to you.

@WriterDirector58 , Hows it going brother, from another New Yorker?
I hope this finds you and all loved ones well?
I too am your age and have chronic pain that will Never go away, so the lose of my Hydrocodone, really scares me! I have Gabipentin and Kratom as well to help with withdrawals , and pain. I have been on 10-30mgs for 5-6 years?? I am not sure because during and after my cancer treatments 12 years ago, my pain meds have been all over the place. I have worked very hard to lower them ( dose and strength)!! I am a sober alcoholic for may years, so I understand addiction very well.
Want to hear how you are doing!!