• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Human beings are the only earth bound 'animal' to administer drugs to their own harm.

I know that Elephants and Wasps get drunk on fermented fruit.
Pissed-up Wasps are absolute wankers - They buzz bollocks constantly 8)
Worst of them...

I tried to single out an animal that was the most amusing, but with all those "Bings! and "Boinks!", it made it impossible.
The Meerkat always fails to not make me laugh =D

Is a brilliant clip innit, Monsta :D

Each pissed animal funnier than the last. The hangovers at the end were also class. I especially like the warthog so hungover it just lays there looking glum as the roof of the hole he passed out in the night before slowly starts to fall in but he's too fukked to bother moving or even shaking the mud off his nose =D

I remember bill hicks talking about monkeys eating loads of shrooms and thats what triggered our evolution, i guess he was just speculating, tis an interesting theory

Wonders does things like penicillium using whatever it uses to kill whatever it kills count? As what it kills, must be a host? and therefore will be to its own harm... hang on, I am a bit frazzled...

I think you are talking about the often cited one where they where given the opportunity to self-administer coke or heroin by pressing a button. Those on coke kept at it until the ODed, those on heroin pressed the button and headed off to the corner to goof off a bit, returning to the button when the effects wore off.

That only applies to rats locked in tiny cages with nothing in their lives other than 4 bars tho. I doubt any rat in the wild would behave in a similar way.

Pretty much all of these experiments designed to tell us something about drugs serve no other purpose than to secure furthur lab funding from the government or the DEA. So you have people sitting down racking their brains trying to think up a way of "proving" how dangerous drugs are. All the ones where you inject massive quantities of E directly into the rats brain every 4 hours for days at a time are of a similar ilk.

If you come up with something positive about drugs you'd lose your funding.

humans are also the only animals known the enjoy putting drugs up their butt.

I love this so much, they would never make them like that nowadays!

Isn't it just brilliant? =D

I really do think David Attenborough is missing a trick in not adding humorous music and comedy side-effects to his docs :(

Then there are the numerous cases of 'Phalaris Staggers' in sheep & cattle caused by excessive consumption of Phalaris grass caused by the 'indole alkaloids' contained therein...

e.g. http://csiro.au/files/files/p83y.pdf

Ruminants fucked on DMT... Arf! =D

There's Moose that eat psilocybin-containing mushrooms. I think Attenborough did a piece on it, though he claimed it was impossible to tell if the moose receive recreational effects.

I think rats in labs is a dodgy argument as it is the human interference that causes them to harm themselves.

I think rats in labs is a dodgy argument as it is the human interference that causes them to harm themselves.

What was that argument? It wasn't "rats in labs" was it? A bit more nuanced ;) The human interference sets up the conditions to test a theory, you need to account for it in the interpretation of the results, but it doesn't make the results invalid.

You're probably saying "You can't extrapolate" but we do extrapolate, all the time, with good reason, we have much in common.

Especially when it comes to simple things like "what makes us happy? what makes us sad?".

Of course, we're not identical. But we are social animals that need each others' company (although sometimes we enjoy solitude), we need stimulation from our environment (probably more than rats...)

Last edited: