• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HPPD, should one continue to use psychedelics if he/she is not bothered by symptoms?

Its really interesting you say that mentally removing yourself from a problem can actually help solve it. Ive noticed that in art and skateboarding , which have always consumed my life , that taking break from either one would help me actually excel much quicker and more rapidly when Im feeling "stuck" or have artists block. Letting the suconcious do the work eh? Its interesting that many cultures around the world adopted a mid day nap into their daily schedules as a way of recharging and actually being more productive from doing so. Not here in the good ol' USA though

Activities such as poi, or juggling, you repeat the same motions over and over but you then need to take a break for it to integrate into your "muscle memory".

I could try a juggling trick for hours and hours in one go, and not be able to perform it fluently. If I do the same trick for just 20 minutes a day over say a week. I'll learn it.

Interesting they disproved alcohols toxic braincell killing effects?? Id like more info on that if you have a link.

Its really interesting you say that mentally removing yourself from a problem can actually help solve it. Ive noticed that in art and skateboarding , which have always consumed my life , that taking break from either one would help me actually excel much quicker and more rapidly when Im feeling "stuck" or have artists block. Letting the suconcious do the work eh? Its interesting that many cultures around the world adopted a mid day nap into their daily schedules as a way of recharging and actually being more productive from doing so. Not here in the good ol' USA though

Yes, absolutely, I am a computer programmer for a living, and I get most of my good ideas and breakthroughs after having been stuck on the problems for hours, when I take a break to shower, or go to the bathroom, or sleep, or hang out with friends.

Is that similar to when something is on the tip of your tongue, and the best thing is to disengage from the matter apparently?

Ah...weve stumbled upon an epiphany. Do you guys see how this can all be related to hppd as well, or more interestingly quantum physics? If you learn to ignore the hppd it begins to heal. Take a nap take a load off. You will soon stop making it your focus. Your brain begins to form new neural pathways. The stress associated with hppd carves DEEPER pathways in your neural networking.

In regards to quantum physics they have found that consciousness effects the results of experiments. Also in esoteric beliefes/mysticism they suggest, for example in the formation of sigils (symbols you create and charge with a thought or a motivation) it is conducive to burn it or throw it away and actually forget the association of motovation for the creation of said sigil. I know it may sound like hooey and counterproductive, "forget it and it will come true" sounds like a paradox, but we have real life situations were this sort of thing appears to be true such as, not focusing on something that's "on the tip of your tongue" and by doing so it often comes to you.

Solipsis as always nails it with his posts here.

The stress associated with hppd carves DEEPER pathways in your neural networking.

HPPD is, in essence, a learned anxiety response that feeds on itself. The problem is, that's easier said than done, especially if you are concerned about processes that are not transient or immediately correlated with drug use. Conquering e.g. a feeling of tightness in their chest, visual snow, general malaise/unreality, can be hard psychologically for people to subject themselves to.

Losing the association between certain qualia and panic mode can be done, though, through various ways. Hypnosis, purpose-driven meditation, mindfulness, or CBT can help to extinct the fear better than distractions for some people. Other alternatives include recall while under the influence of a benzodiazepine like lorazepam, which is used as an anxiety/PTSD treatment.

1. Quantum mechanics. The theory is that in certain experiments events that would make it possible to observe quantum states invariably change those quantum states.

This does not say that consciousness itself affects quantum states, it is just a technical description of an interaction.

The actual observer is a metaphor.

Everything that is known must be observed.

2. You have a crazy paradox that you simply choose to ignore in your example of sigils. If you truly forget what you wished and it comes true, how would you know how often that fails? If I wish for a million things and forget about a million things and one comes true then all I wished for came true. As far as I can remember. Anything that fails to come true fails because I remembered it.

3. Perhaps, rather than the brain having to build new "deeper" synapses, it simply repairs the synapses that were damaged.

It would be much more efficient.

I definitely agree that its easier said than done, but wouldn't you also agree that one must put in the work to get better and really in regards to regaining mental health, its ones only option. Sitting around feeling sorry for oneself and that they ruined there mind with drug use is a terrible way to go about things, IMO.

for example in the formation of sigils (symbols you create and charge with a thought or a motivation) it is conducive to burn it or throw it away and actually forget the association of motovation for the creation of said sigil. I know it may sound like hooey and counterproductive, "forget it and it will come true" sounds like a paradox,

I don't believe I ignored the crazy paradox^

- the MAIN one being that our minds are powerful things that can produce ideas and images that are not restrained like reality is. On DMT for example I typically experience my own imagination working at apparently near-unlimited capacity. I have envisioned square triangles on it. But that doesn't mean that such a thing makes any sense. The skeptical thing is instead to believe that DMT is extremely powerful and it unlocks our imagination.
Experience magically, think critically.
An isosceles triangle, which has two sides (front and back), when viewed on both sides, is essentially a square, of one side, folded along a diagnol. It truly is a square triangle.

Any triangle is a square folded a certain way, but the only kind of triangle that is a square with just one fold is a right triangle.

Any isosceles triangle is half a parallelogram.

Any right triangle is half a rectangle.

A triangle that is both an isosceles and a right triangle is half a square.

I somehow left out that you need a 90 degree angle.

Since I have your attention...

What always kind of blows my mind is that if you have an triangle and you draw a line parallel to one of thr sides through the opposite corner, when you move that corner along that imagined line, you will affect the angle of every corner and the length of 2 sides of the triangle, and yet you will never change the area of that triangle. Crazy.

(not trying to sound brainy, this is just interesting)

Now if you consider pulling that corner out to infinity, you still have the same finite area but that area is somehow spread over an infinite distance.

The interior of a triangle is a continuous surface. This basically means infinity can never be reached, if the triangle were to reach infinity then the area must be zero.

I know there is some principle to help explain existence that can be drawn from this.

Last edited:
Geometry sure is interesting. :)
Sure is.

Any triangle is a square folded a certain way, but the only kind of triangle that is a square with just one fold is a right triangle.

How do you fold a 40 degree angle out of a right angle? Do you fold the remaining 10 degrees infjnitely small? Can't be done. Ah. I see you fold it into a 30 degree angle and fold the remainder into thirds.

I meant an isosceles right triangle can be folded from a square. I didn't mention anything about a 40 degree angle (unless I am not getting what you're saying).

I meant an isosceles right triangle can be folded from a square. I didn't mention anything about a 40 degree angle (unless I am not getting what you're saying).
But you said any triangle can be folded out of a square. I was trying to see what you meant.

All this talk of triangles just makes me want to post this video </completely off topic>

I assume it's based off the book 'flatland' which I've yet to read :(

I'd stay away from the phens (with maybe an exception of 2c-e and mescaline). All the other ones are shallow as shit and not for someone who is seeking a valuable "experience" other than getting high and there are other things for that. The phens are basically psychedelic cocaine in my opinion. Pleases your ego with orgasmic feelings and visuals, but mentally you are not going anywhere and gaining any valuable spiritual growth.

Phenethylamines = Lust
Tryptamines = Real Love

And there's a pharmacological reason for that: Phens release dopamine and Trypts only serotonin.

Why am I so passionately against them?
Had a friend a few years ago who was in rehab many times for them.
Had a couple bad experiences on 2ci.
They can cause visual problems.
They are shallow in a nasty dirty feeling way - feels evil to me, but obviously that's highly subjective.

To respond to your original question. I have found through personal experience that phenethylamines do cause more long term visual problems. I've had only 4 trips on them (my first) and have had tracers ever since - it's been at least 2 years. I've done 4-aco and mushrooms many times (maybe 10-20) and have not found it to effect my vision much other than seeing afterimages persist a little longer after looking at a bright light, etc. It's been about a half year since the last time I took any psychedelic and only the tracers are still there.