Hows Your Diet Lads ? And Any Goals For The Summer ?

its shorter cycles so as to not get negative sides like insane muscle pumps or cramping which stops you training.

its 2-3 weeks on, 2-3 weeks off, repeat 2 then break for a month then start again. dosage is enough to stimulate every process in the body but not enough time for water bloat to hinder workouts. its a shorter, more functional approach. And alot healthier for your blood pressure, alot less ancillaries used. basically the less you put in the body the better. just enough to get the results.

We looked into something similar and did about a year on back in 2006, I've some research on short protocol somewhere I'll try & dig it out.. But from what I remember the conclusions we came to: the way hormones take time to initiate a response your better off lengthening to 6-8 weeks but keeping dose sensible to minimise side effects...

lol. That goes for any top tier athlete/musician/artist, practice equipment ect ect will get you to the top, but only that 1% of truly genetic gifted people have what it takes to be the top. I don't think 100% but a good portion need to be in your favor if you want to be the champ. If you want to play with the big boys you dotn need the best genetics, if you want to beat them you do. But I digress. I know great athletes, musicians ect ect languishing in total anonymity as well there is the luck factor of begin found.

Twice eh? all my years training I have only seen one cat with the true perfect genes, and that poor bastard had never seen a gym in his whole life he was a farmer in Northern Africa, son of a bitch was perfectly proportioned, and well shaped from just body weight stuff, and you are right it is incredible to behold. Now I have served with some guys that are truly Olympic class athletes that can beat guys training all their life with all the toys while humping 120lbs of kit through the mountains and still maintaining the calm train of thought to react with lightning speed in a fire fight after being up for 32hrs. The point being even if you have genetics if you dotn have the drive for the sport you never make it to the top, though you may make one hell of a soldier or contractor.

^^genetically im fucked lol. But im fine with it. I just wanna look and feel the best that I can. Fuck what everyone else thinks. Im munch some cheques and whoop their ass if they dont like what im becoming. Off to the gym and I might have to run their cuz of all the snow on tje ground and my pickup drifts at 5 mph. But you know thats better than not going at all. Determination is in me luckily. Plus the receptionist is sexy which is a plus :p

lol one of the massage girls ( legit massage shiatsu and deep tissue) at my gym is fucking gorgeous... every time I go to hear my girl knows because i come back and ruin her lol But she dose not mind, she knows I have a thing for redheads even bought a red wig, that she wore a few week ends back, awesome night, though she got a new lap top from me after that one. . . I am so easily manipulated by my girl. Gotta say though the weight I lost and my super nice bronze tan, and diamond hard erections she has not let go to waste. Out of Curiosity does the Melanotan have the same libido enhancing effects in women? because my girl would like to be an nice tan when we go to Vegas fro NYE, and it would be killer if she had an even higher libido, when I pop the question on NYE . So yeah Serotonin do you know if it has the same effects on libido it has for men. Sorry if I am rambling here a bit took a muscle relaxer first time in a few years, after I won a Krav match at the cost a vicious blow to my lower back, so I am waiting for my girl to return with some hot water to heat up the massage oil.

^I did a trial with my girl and her libido did not elevate like mine. Though ive read reports of women getting hornier on mt2 and its libido enhancing metabolite pt-151. Im just waiting for my shipment of mt2 and ill be nice and tan(ner). I still have ~30% of my tan I had from the summer and I havent used mt2 in over 4 months.

no thats the mind talking shit to you. you CAN do what you want. IF YOU WANT TO!

that is not genetics, you know if you took my genetics at birth and took it now, it reads a different fingerprint.

FACT!

note: i assume your from good stock, don't have any deficiencies in any way, shape of form. which actually seems more rare than normal these days.

where was the intelligent discussion?

Last edited:
don't ever dare you think you can sway someones decision based on ego. that can change peoples lives.

i talk truth. if people follow what ive done, i know they being safe cause ive done it correctly. the amount of hours research, others don't get access to. fortunately or unfortunately i do 12hr night shifts which atleast 1/2 that time is just you have to stay awake... so rediculous amounts of hours being sober, on the pay roll, im reading and re reading and researching these topics because its my interest.

just trying to share that info. flame away if you want, but i will challenge your beliefs. in a good way.

melanotan 2 has those sexual benefits, not sure about women.

personally i didn't notice much, im horny as fuck 24/7, on and off cycle. 2 weeks off my last i had a wet dream i woke up 1/2 way through lol

gotta take it with a grain of salt, i didn't notice a big difference. even got the isolate constitute, and its not really done anything alone. evreyones different

You're only as good as your genetic potential will allow...

Here's something I've had on my computer for a while:

Genetics:
World-record deadlifter Andy Bolton squatted 500 and deadlifted 600 the very first time he tried the lifts.
Former Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates bench-pressed 315 pounds on his first attempt as a teen.
Metroflex Gym owner Brian Dobson tells the story of his first encounter with then-powerlifter and future Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman. He describes Ronnie's enormous thighs with veins bulging through the spandex, despite the fact that Ronnie had never used an anabolic steroid at that time.
Arnold Schwarzenegger looked more muscular after one year of lifting than most people do after ten.
It's just plain obvious that some individuals respond much better to training than others. But what makes the elite respond so much better than us regular folks?

Genetics: The Cold Hard Truth
This probably isn't what you want to hear, but your progress is largely dependent on your genetics.
Recent research shows that some individuals respond very well to strength training, some barely respond, and some don't respond at all. You read that correctly. Some people don't show any noticeable results. Researchers created the term "non-responders" for these individuals.
A landmark study by Hubal used 585 male and female human subjects and showed that twelve weeks of progressive dynamic exercise resulted in a shockingly wide range of responses.
The worst responders lost 2% of their muscle cross-sectional area and didn't gain any strength whatsoever. The best responders increased muscle cross-sectional area by 59% and increased their 1RM strength by 250%. Keep in mind these individuals were subjected to the exact same training protocol.
The Hubal study isn't the only study showing these types of results. Petrella showed that 16 weeks of progressive dynamic exercise involving 66 human subjects failed to yield any measurable hypertrophy in 26% of subjects!
Now, the question is, what mechanisms explain this?

How Genetics Affect Muscle Growth
Strong evidence suggests that the results you see in the gym are highly dependent on the efficacy of satellite cell-mediated myonuclear addition. In laymen's terms, your muscles won't grow unless the satellite cells surrounding your muscle fibers donate their nuclei to your muscles so they can produce more genetic material to signal the cells to grow.
Petralla showed that the difference between excellent responders in comparison to average and non-responders in strength training was mostly due to satellite cell activation. Excellent responders have more satellite cells that surround their muscle fibers, as well as a remarkable ability to expand their satellite cell pool via training.
In this study, excellent responders averaged 21 satellite cells per 100 fibers at baseline, which rose to 30 satellite cells per 100 fibers by week sixteen. This was accompanied by a 54% increase in mean fiber area. The non-responders averaged 10 satellite cells per 100 myofibers at baseline, which did not change post-training, nor did their hypertrophy.
A different article by Bamman using the same researchers involving the exact same experiment showed that out of 66 subjects, the top 17 responders experienced a 58% gain in cross-sectional area, the middle 32 responders gained 28% cross-sectional area, and the bottom 17 responders didn't gain in cross-sectional area. In addition:
• Mechanogrowth factor (MGF) upregulated 126% in the top 17 responders and 0% in the bottom 17 responders.
• Myogenin upregulated 65% in the top 17 responders and 0% in the bottom 17 responders.
• IGF-IEa upregulated 105% in the top 17 responders and only 44% in the bottom 17 responders.
Research by Timmons indicates that there are several highly expressed miRNAs that are selectivity regulated in subjects representing the lowest 20% of responders in a longitudinal resistance training intervention study.
Research by Dennis showed that individuals who have high expression of key hypertrophy genes have a distinct adaptive advantage over normal individuals. Individuals with lower baseline expression of key hypertrophy genes showed less adaptations to strength training, despite the fact that training did increase their gene expression in response to exercise.

The Bottom Line
Some folks hit the genetic jackpot, while others have gotten the genetic shaft. Genetically-speaking, anything that negatively impacts the ability of the myofibers to increase their number of myonuclei in response to mechanical loading will reduce hypertrophy and strength potential.
This ranges from the number of signaling molecules, to the cell's sensitivity to the signals, to satellite cell availability, to satellite cell pool expansion, to miRNA regulation. Nutrition and optimal programming play a role in hypertrophy of course, and certain genotypes may be associated with hypertrophy too.

Genetics and Body Fat
Genes can affect fat storage and fat loss by influencing energy intake, energy expenditure, or nutrient partitioning. Researchers have coined the term "obesogenic environment" to describe the manner in which our changes in lifestyle over the past century has exposed our underlying genetic risk factors for excessive adiposity.
Natural selection may have favoured those who possessed genes associated with thrifty metabolisms, which would have allowed for survival during times of nutrient scarcity. Now that much of the world has adopted a modern lifestyle characterized by sedentarism and excessive caloric intake, these same genes now contribute to poor health and obesity.

The Research
Bouchard took twelve pairs of twins and subjected them to 84 days over a 100-day period of overfeeding by 1,000 calories per day, for a total of 84,000 excess calories. Subjects maintained a sedentary lifestyle during this time. The average weight gain was 17.86 pounds, but the range went from 9.48 pounds to 29.32 pounds!
Even though each subject adhered to the same feeding schedule, the most metabolically cursed individual gained more than triple the weight than the most metabolically blessed individual, stored 100% of excess calories in his tissues (compared to only 40% tissue storage for the most-blessed individual), and increased abdominal visceral fat by 200% (compared to 0% in the case of the most-blessed individual).
Similar variances were shown by Bouchard with twins consuming constant energy intake while exercising frequently.
Perusse showed that heritability accounts for 42% of subcutaneous fat and 56% of abdominal visceral fat. This means that genetics greatly influence where you store fat, and some individuals have an alarming predisposition to store fat in their abdominal region.
Bouchard and Tremblay estimate that 40% of the variability in resting metabolic rate, thermic effect of food, and energy cost of low-to-moderate intensity exercise is genetically related. They also reported that levels of habitual physical activity are highly influenced by heredity.
Loos and Bouchard proposed that obesity has a genetic origin, and that sequence variations in adrenergic receptors, uncoupling proteins, the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor, and lepton receptor genes were of particular relevance.
O'Rahilly and Farooqi add that the insulin VNTR and IGF-1 SNPs may be implicated in obesity as well, and Cotsapas showed 16 different loci that affect body mass index (BMI) which are all linked to extreme obesity as well. Rankinen mapped out hundreds of possible gene candidates that could promote obesity.
Fawcett and Barroso showed that the fat mass and obesity-associated gene (FTO) is the first universally accepted locus unequivocally associated with adiposity. FTO deficiency protects against obesity, and elevated levels increase adiposity most likely due to increased appetite and decreased energy expenditure.
Tercjak adds that FTO may affect insulin resistance too, and suggests that over 100 genes influence obesity. Herrerra and Lindgren list 23 genes that are associated with obesity, and suggest that heredity accounts for 40-70% of BMI!
Faith found evidence for genetic influences on caloric intake. Similar conclusions were drawn by Choquette, who examined 836 subjects' eating behaviors and found six genetic links to increased caloric and macronutrient consumption, including the adiponectin gene.
What's all that mean? It mans that some individuals are genetically predisposed to adiposity and abdominal fat storage.
But are some folks born to be great athletes while others are born to warm the bench?

Genetics and Athleticism
While we still have much to learn about genetics as it relates to human performance, we do know that many different genes can affect performance.
Bray et al. (2009) mapped out the current knowledge of human genes that affect performance as of 2007 and concluded that 214 autosomal genes and loci as well as 18 mitochondrial genes appear to influence fitness and performance.
The most popular performance-enhancing gene is ACTN3, also known as alpha-actin-3.
There are two alpha-actin proteins: ACTN2 and ACTN3. Alpha actins are structural proteins of the z-lines in muscle fibers, and while ACTN2 is expressed in all fiber types, ACTN3 is preferentially expressed in type IIb fiber types. These fibers are involved in force production at high velocities, which is why ACTN3 is associated with powerful force production.
Approximately 18% of individuals, or one billion people worldwide, are completely deficient in ACTN3 and their bodies create more ACTN2 to make up for the absence. These individuals just can't explode as quickly as their alpha-actin-3-containing counterparts, as elite sprinters are almost never alpha-actin-3 deficient (Yang).
The ACE gene, also known as the antiotensin converting enzyme, has also been implicated in human performance. An increase in the frequency of the ACE D allele is associated with power and sprint athletes, while an increased frequency of the ACE I allele is associated with endurance athletes (Nazarov).
Cauci showed that the variants of the VNTR IL-1RN gene is associated with improved athleticism. This gene affects the interleukin family of cytokines and enhances the inflammatory response and repair process following exercise. The work of Reichman lends support to this research, as they found that the interleukin-15 protein and receptor were associated with increased muscle hypertrophy.
Plenty of other genes exhibit potential to improve athletic performance, such as the myostatin gene, but conclusive evidence doesn't yet exist, or we just don't possess a clear enough understanding of the entire puzzle.

Don't Panic, Chicken Legs. You're Not Doomed!
First, we all have issues with genetics that we have to work around. Some of us are predisposed to carrying excess fat, some of us are lean but have stubborn areas of fat deposition, some have trouble building muscle, and some are muscular but have weak body parts. Some of us have all of this combined, and nobody has perfect genetics!
Second, the protocols used in the research didn't involve any experimentation, tweaking, and auto-regulatory training. We all need to tweak the variables and figure out our optimal programming methodology.
Some people respond best to variety, some to volume, some to intensity, some to frequency, and some to density. You have to discover the best stimulis for your body, which evolves over time.
And third, I've spoken to my colleagues about this issue and we're all in agreement: we've never trained any individuals who didn't look better after a couple of months of training, assuming they stick with the program. All of them lose fat and gain some muscular shape.
While some individuals have a much easier time than others developing an impressive physique, I've yet to see a lifter who trained in an intelligent manner fail to see any results.
So even if you're a "hard gainer" and you don't respond well, you can and will see results as long as you're consistent and as long as you continue to experiment. Of course, the rate and amount of adaptation is highly influenced by genetics, but sound training methods will always account for a large portion of training effects.
The lesson: Genetics make a difference, but smart training, diet, and supplements can help you maximize what your parents gave you!

Look being some thing and being elite are different things man. I am a fairly competent guitarist, but my cousin is a fucking wizard, he just feels the music more hard to explain. Some people have gifts with things, physically, mentally or artistically. Like I said look at Franco Colombo and Arnold, Franco was by far better built but his size and rather shy character worked against him, Arnolds sheer height and personality made him look that much bigger. Genetics matter a fair bit, but you can always work around your genetics, and make your weaknesses strengths if you know how to play with them.

^I like your shyness comment. I found out now being 4 years out of high school that I couldve pulled some beautiful women but I was too shy. I now am more outgoing and over came my shyness. Now I got a bad bitch :)

Same for my genetics. I have a smaller frame: thin wrists, joints, short. So I do hard shoulder and leg work to make my torso seem slim, an hourglass figure. Work around for slim frame is going well. Though I know id need copious amounts of hgh to compare to you bigger guys, I hold my own compared to my shorter stature people.

Sero-I am a super shy guy around women. Had a similar problem, in High School, ended up dating college chicks in my AP classes, because I was the smart dude that would tutor. Training, and music slowly helped me get over the shyness, as did the service lol. But I have watched guys and women that are number 10s fail miserably at judging, because they are shy. Where people that have a personality that just radiates confidence pull awesome numbers. The real secret to attracting people, or leading is just being confident in your self. You seemed to have figured that out Sero, and the same goes for sports or music or what ever if the confidence and soul of the person comes out it just amplifies the effects of what ever they are doing. Then you have the rare combo of people that just have a built in genetic gift of that magnetism, add in some learned abilities for handling a crowd and you have lightning in a bottle. You can see the Arnold Franco thing in pumping Iron, my father got to meet Arnold a few times ( my father and his brothers were big into lifting when they were younger) and my father said that even when people laughed at him about going to Hollywood Arnolds just sheer force of positive energy made it seem like it was possible, so a lot can be said for that mindset ( great genetics didn't hurt either)

You are doing what I was talking about, you know you have weak spots and train them accordingly, are you ever going to have that look of some of the bigger guys no but that doesn't mean you can go for more of the smaller, better proportioned, look of guys like Zane. HGH is a great equalizer, as is IGF and some of the newer peptides. Great part of the chemistry. But Genetics even fall in to this as well say you have a nice history of cancer or other issues that HGH can help to grow as well. Little FYI big is great but I am a fan of proportion, and over all aesthetic look, as well as a translation into real world function.And oddly enough I wish i was genetically thinner in wrists, and mid section, damn my endomorph frame!

City- I am a believer in positive thinking my self, and preparedness, and I have said that the mental aspect of sports is a big deal comes down to genetics there at times as well. Hell I know guys that are fucking brilliant but have zero ability to test well, from any number of genetic issues, ADHD, dyslexia ect ect genetics is a bitch. And you can try, and train for years and still not have what it takes for certain things, whether it is a mental issue, a physical issue or even an issue with any number of other things that have to deal with a combination of emotional/mental/physical issues. I saw it regularly in the service I operated in a tier 1 unit, saw guys that were better shots then me more physically inclined then me, but could not control fear, or anger or could run the mile in 5 mins in combat boots but could not run it again, because they neglected to hold enough back to finish a course. Having the mindset that you can do any thing is great, having the ability to calculate what you can do and the common sense to know the difference is a great skill to have and can mean the difference between life and death in a lot of sports ( rock climbing, mountaineering, combat sports boxing mma ect ect).

The science is starting to be proven out that a lot of personality is a mixture of genetics and experience, some guys wont break, some will. Training will take you a good long way, mentally and physically, but genetics is a big factor, and all the proper tools be they material or chemical can help bridge the gap, but the fact is some times there is still a gap, it is only the lucky few that have the right mix, of perfect genetics, training and tools, these individuals are the ones that change the face of their sports/art/science/. A great example of genetics is Ramanujan ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan ) this guy had the right set of mental gifts that allowed him to do math that is only now begin fully understood in calculating the complexities of M-Theory and other crazy aspects of quantum physics, his gifts got him the right training and he sharpened his intellect even more brilliant man( for the record I am well aware of this guy and in fact have several books on him and did not pull his name from the example of genius given in that shit boat of a movie good will hunting), same goes with Eisenstein gifted man, or Michelangelo, or Musashi Miyamoto their combination of training and genetic gifts of innate understanding and application are the rarity. The point being is that genetics is a piece of the puzzle, and a big piece if you wish to be in the top 1%. But that doesn't mean you can't train and look better then 98% of humanity( or play better or what ever it is you are training for). I train because I like to, gives me more confidence, and it allows me to do what I love, JKD, Aikido, mountaineering, guitar,and every thing else I love, but will I ever be that top 1% no but that doesn't bother me I do it because I love it.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/redesign-my-brain-with-todd-sampson/

if you believe, you will be. sounds stupid, but 50% of your gains can come down to mental. unlocking the genes within

I think your missing the point Neo and I are trying to emphasise, we are talking world beaters, Olympia winners... You won't win an Olympia if genetically you don't have the correct proportion or symmetry to do so.. A strong will or mental hocus-pocus just won't cut it, I'm sorry but that's the way it is..!!

I was dead-lifting 600lbs as a 19-20yr old and boxing to a pretty decent standard, my partner has represented her country at 3 sports, so between us we've pretty good take on genetics and the mental determination to go with it..

Yes, with correct diet and training methodology and the will to apply it you can excel at most sports you put your mind to, but world beater without the genetics to go with it.. (especially within body-building which emphasise so much on proportion & symmetry)... No...!!

^fact of the matter is lots of people cant deadlift 600 pounds even with years of training. :p just like some people will never run 100m sprint like olympic athletes. I mean ffs the 1600m is considered a sprint by olympic standards if I remember correctly. I huff and puff that shit out in 730 if im lucky yet they do it under 4 lmao.

Genetics can equal to increased muscle fiber types, mitochondria, energy efficiency, lung capacity, base rbc count, reaction times, vision acuity (marksmanship and sports involving vision like golf), etc. For us as weight lifting and body sculpters, it could be the genes that give us cannonball shoulders, a wasp waist, huge legs, or what seems to be the big issue I read is piss poor calf genetics (I got great legs no homo so thats never been an issue for me).

I believe the majority of us have some genetic gift when it comes to our physiques. For me I have decent traps and delts for my size along with legs that grow and shape really well especially with the high volume training GF recommended (pants dont fit anymore lol).

lol did you call no homo on complementing your self? LOL too funny but yeah I have the same thing I am all back and legs.

HAHAHA my father currently is one of those lucky small waste bastards and, he is complaining now because he lost a ton of weight and the pants dont fit at the waist but are too tight in the thigh area lol But yeah man high volume will cut you up and blow you out. My issue is I am thick all the way through, hence the nick name that my uncle saddled me with when i was 5 Moose. Have not been able to shake that in the last 25 years. . .

Sero you are right every one has some gift be it a genetic physical or mental gift and most of us have several, we just have to learn to identify them and then cultivate them.

As per my previous paper on genetics, I've found hundreds of abstracts showing the variance of genetic potential between different races and individual athletes:

The frequency of the α-actinin-3–deficient genotype (577XX) varies from 25% in Asian populations to <1% in an African Bantu population; the frequency in Europeans is ∼18%. This raises the possibility that ACTN3 genotype confers differential fitness in humans, under certain environmental conditions. The force-generating capacity of type 2 muscle fibers at high velocity, the speed and tempo of movements, and the capacity of the individual to adapt to exercise training are all strongly genetically influenced (Rankinen et al. 2002).

Cluster analysis tests the importance of myogenic gene expression during myofiber hypertrophy in humans.

Bamman MM, Petrella JK, Kim JS, Mayhew DL, Cross JM.
Source
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Medical Scientist Training Program, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, and Core Muscle Research Laboratory, GRECC/11G, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, AL 35294-0001, USA. [email protected]
Abstract
We applied K-means cluster analysis to test the hypothesis that muscle-specific factors known to modulate protein synthesis and satellite cell activity would be differentially expressed during progressive resistance training (PRT, 16 wk) in 66 human subjects experiencing extreme, modest, and failed myofiber hypertrophy. Muscle mRNA expression of IGF-I isoform Ea (IGF-IEa), mechanogrowth factor (MGF, IGF-IEc), myogenin, and MyoD were assessed in muscle biopsies collected at baseline (T1) and 24 h after the first (T2) and last (T3) loading bouts from previously untrained subjects clustered as extreme responders (Xtr, n=17), modest responders (Mod, n=32), and nonresponders (Non, n=17) based on mean myofiber hypertrophy. Myofiber growth averaged 2,475 microm2 in Xtr, 1,111 microm2 in Mod, and -16 microm2 in Non. Main training effects revealed increases in all transcripts (46-83%, P<0.005). For the entire cohort, IGF-IEa, MGF, and myogenin mRNAs were upregulated by T2 (P<0.05), while MyoD did not increase significantly until T3 (P<0.001). Within clusters, MGF and myogenin upregulation was robust in Xtr (126% and 65%) and Mod (73% and 41%) vs. no changes in Non. While significant in all clusters by T3, IGF-IEa increased most in Xtr (105%) and least in Non (44%). Although MyoD expression increased overall, no changes within clusters were detected. We reveal for the first time that MGF and myogenin transcripts are differentially expressed in subjects experiencing varying degrees of PRT-mediated myofiber hypertrophy. The data strongly suggest the load-mediated induction of these genes may initiate important actions necessary to promote myofiber growth during PRT, while the role of MyoD is less clear.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17395765

Association of interleukin-15 protein and interleukin-15 receptor genetic variation with resistance exercise training responses
Steven E. Riechman1, G. Balasekaran1, Stephen M. Roth2, and Robert E. Ferrell1
+ Author Affiliations

1Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260; and 2Department of Kinesiology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742
Address for reprint requests and other correspondence: S. E. Riechman, A300 Crabtree Hall, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260 (E-mail: [email protected])
Submitted 6 May 2004. Accepted 16 July 2004.
Abstract

Interleukin-15 (IL-15) is an anabolic cytokine that is produced in skeletal muscle and directly affects muscle anabolism in animal and in vitro models. The contribution of IL-15 variability in muscle responses to 10 wk of resistance exercise training in young men and women was examined by measuring acute and chronic changes in IL-15 protein in plasma and characterizing genetic variation in the IL-15 receptor-α gene (IL15RA). Participants trained 3 days a week at 75% of one repetition maximum, performing three sets (6–10 repetitions) of 13 resistance exercises. Plasma IL-15 protein was significantly increased (P < 0.05) immediately after acute resistance exercise but did not change with training and was not associated with variability in muscle responses with training. A single nucleotide polymorphism in exon 7 of IL15RA was strongly associated with muscle hypertrophy and accounted for 7.1% of the variation in regression modeling. A polymorphism in exon 4 was also independently associated with muscle hypertrophy and accounted for an additional 3.5% of the variation in hypertrophy. These results suggest that IL-15 is an important mediator of muscle mass response to resistance exercise training in humans and that genetic variation in IL15RA accounts for a significant proportion of the variability in this response.

http://jap.physiology.org/content/97/6/2214.short

ACTN3 genotype is associated with human elite athletic performance.
Yang N, MacArthur DG, Gulbin JP, Hahn AG, Beggs AH, Easteal S, North K.
Source
Institute for Neuromuscular Research, Children's Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia.
Abstract
There is increasing evidence for strong genetic influences on athletic performance and for an evolutionary "trade-off" between performance traits for speed and endurance activities. We have recently demonstrated that the skeletal-muscle actin-binding protein alpha-actinin-3 is absent in 18% of healthy white individuals because of homozygosity for a common stop-codon polymorphism in the ACTN3 gene, R577X. alpha-Actinin-3 is specifically expressed in fast-twitch myofibers responsible for generating force at high velocity. The absence of a disease phenotype secondary to alpha-actinin-3 deficiency is likely due to compensation by the homologous protein, alpha-actinin-2. However, the high degree of evolutionary conservation of ACTN3 suggests function(s) independent of ACTN2. Here, we demonstrate highly significant associations between ACTN3 genotype and athletic performance. Both male and female elite sprint athletes have significantly higher frequencies of the 577R allele than do controls. This suggests that the presence of alpha-actinin-3 has a beneficial effect on the function of skeletal muscle in generating forceful contractions at high velocity, and provides an evolutionary advantage because of increased sprint performance. There is also a genotype effect in female sprint and endurance athletes, with higher than expected numbers of 577RX heterozygotes among sprint athletes and lower than expected numbers among endurance athletes. The lack of a similar effect in males suggests that the ACTN3 genotype affects athletic performance differently in males and females. The differential effects in sprint and endurance athletes suggests that the R577X polymorphism may have been maintained in the human population by balancing natural selection.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12879365

im getting a little sick of copy and paste unless this is your own publish research?

otherwise how about you interpret the data yourself, and just write the important clif notes, and link the paper as reference. atm its wall of text. nobody is reading it, and your smoke screening all the good shit out of view.

perhaps thats on purpose?

im getting a little sick of copy and paste unless this is your own publish research?

Mate copy and pasted or not GF goes out his way and takes up his time to help everybody in the steroids forum who have problems, he is the kind of guy you want jumping into every thread, GF taught me shit I didn't know when I got lumps on my chest from Deca, I no longer have lumps on my chest, So don't be dissing him , keep doing what your doing GF ;)