• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How Young is too Young?

Originally posted by Russ:

For FUCKS SAKE - How many 15 year olds are on the fucking dole!!!
You know what I meant.

I'm a rich little daddy's girl, and I'm not 15. And I wasn't referring to 15 year olds being on the dole, I was talking about older people who are on the dole and seem to spend the majority of that money on getting fucked up.
What I was concerned about was the fact that not only had we decided that there were specific ages that made it okay to take drugs, but also specific incomes.
How about we just say "people can choose to take or not take drugs whenever they feel like it" and leave it at that?

how about, people DO choose to take drugs whenever they feel like it.
And the only thing you can really do about it is provide them with as much information as possible.
Isn't that why we are all here anyway?

I had my first pill when I was 17, but I do not think that the choice of taking drugs comes down to being a certain age, It's a matter of how mature and sensible one person is with taking the drugs.
I did not make the choice of taking any drugs untill I was well aware of how drugs would effect me and i was concious about who and where I got them from. Bluelight is one of the sites, along with Erowid and a few other boards that have educated my drug knowledge to date.
It really concerns me about how little some people know about drugs and how many people abuse them because of the simple fact that they really just don't know what they are doing.
thats just my 2c

There is a publicly available thought provoking essay on the topic. Provies an imperical and accurate measurement of how young too young is:
How young is too young?
------------------------
Puffin' the herb, Puh Puh Puffin' the herb

Goddamn SDB, you must love that site.
Me wonders why you found it.

As has been said many times, I don’t believe there is any one good age to start.
I started really young, however I don’t regret any one of the experiences I have had because of it. I’m hypocritical though, if I found out that my sisters were taking I’d blow a gasket (they’re 19 and 20).
My sisters know that if any stage they’re interested to come to me and I’d try educate them as best I know how before they made the decision to try something. If I had my way neither would know that I have touched drugs, but for reasons of my own I sat down and told my parents and my sisters before I moved away.
IMHO you don’t handle drugs, they handle you and eventually you figure out what it’s all about and enjoy them for the experience they are.
Nobody can look at another person and say hey I think this guy’s mature enough to have *insert drug here*. For that matter, nobody who hasn’t had that particular drug is qualified to say if they themselves would be able to handle it.
You’re too young til the day you try it and the next day you’re old enough to tell everyone else they’re too young.
No matter how much you read, or how much other people tell you, you’re not going to be prepared for the actual experience until after you’ve had it. Not physically, mentally or emotionally.
I do believe that if society considers you old enough to drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, join the army, vote and be tried as an adult then I guess you’re old enough to take drugs. This does not in any way mean that at that age you’re ready for it, just that once turning 18 our current society deems you to be responsible for your own decisions.

Originally posted by Robbeh:
I started taking pills n shit early 18's.
I met a girl last friday, she was 15...and she was tripping etc taking pills and the like. While I beleive its a bit too young to be doing things of that sort, she was very mature, and she was around people of the ages 19-25, and she fit in really well.. so i think its more about maturity, and to know your limits...

Must have been real mature....... I bet you were in the frame of mind to tell too... :\

Thread cleaned up.
A warning to you, shank... I said keep any replies to email to stop the thread being hijacked, and I meant it.
On with the thread :)
[ 06 October 2002: Message edited by: Jakoz ]

Well I know now my sisters are taking and I did blow a fuse when i found out :(

bump =D

i didn't take my first pill until i was 23, i think 18 would have to be a minimum

what the fuck do you know at 15?

^ I agree, but that goes for alcohol as well, I recently went to a party in which there were a lot of younger people present and it just really made me sick. So many 15 year old girls there were just throwing themselves at anyone who even looked their way.
This is a direct quote of a conversation I witnessed:

Guy and girl return from around the side of the house where it was dark Girl: You fuckwit, you wouldn't even kiss me you just wanted to feel my tits.
Guy: hahaha

Obviously the guy was a fuckwit, but I also witnessed this girl flashing her breasts at least four times thoughout the remainder of the party. Really what did she expect? Is self-respect such a hard thing to discover?

Anyway back on track... I didn't try any drugs (with the exception of alcohol, nicotine and weed) until I was 19. Ideally I think if I had kids I would prefer them not to try any drugs until they are 18. Of course this is not gunna happen but I would probably insist if I had kids that they did not take any drugs besides alcohol and weed until they are at least 18...

for me...

14 - alcohol
18 - ecstasy and assorted other "hard" drugs
19 - marijuana

i think the age i tried it at was fine, as i was eighteen, and had finished high school. if i was within a different social circle of friends i might have even preferred to wait even longer (god knows i would have done better at uni then!), but i don't think my drug use is particularly irresponsible (both in health terms and in the way it effects the other parts of my life), so it doesn't trouble me too much.

for me, "hard drugs" (mdma, meth, etc.) are probably not something that i think most high-schoolers should be messing with, as i just think it's too much to cope with. in hindsight, year twelve was an absolute piece of piss, but it's obviously the mental pressure and expectations placed on you that are the most difficult things - not the work itself. thus, fucking around with drugs at this time is probably just going to make things even more difficult.

that said, i'm sure there are plenty of well-adjusted and intelligent people who could cope with it just fine. i guess i have to remember that in year twelve i was still going out *every* weekend and drinking half/whole bottle of bourbon everytime...i just think that's easier to recover from (brain-wise) than taking pills every other week.

point is - i think that health wise you're best waiting 'til at *LEAST* eighteen (to allow your body to complete - or close enough to - its growth); psychologically (in want of a better word), i think the same sort of age - after year twelve - is best....but there are exceptions to the rule, always. just be responsible, and KNOW what you're putting into your body.

Last edited:
it all depends on maturity....mind u, below 17 is pushing it. A LOT. i mean why??? ur still in high school.

i started at 18...my bro tried pills just recently at 17. i'm not very pleased with that cos he's hardly educated. he thinks i'm such a big druggie, but at least i know what i'm doing to myself. he was guzzling pills, drinking, smoking.....without any knowledge of what he was putting in his mouth.

i'm all for harm minimisation and knowledge, so if u've got that down pat, age shouldnt really be a factor.....but how long does it take u to gain those things??? not really at 15 hey?

i do agree with what everyone is saying here but i took my first pill when i was about 16 and 3/4 and i didn't do any more pills until i was about 17 and 1/2, if you are level headed enough and understand harm minimisation and know what to do etc, it is no one elses decision but yours.

i was level headed enough in year 12 to work my ass off and go out on weekends, and always put my priorites of school and work first. i did probably my most drugs ever (almost every weekend for about 3 months) in year 12 but i still kept my head down and worked my lil ass off and got a score of 91. not everyone knows how to juggle work/recreation however and some people i believe are "too young" emotionally to be able to handle drugs. i see kids at raves that i believe are "too young" but its not necessarily the 14-15 year olds that make me think this, sometimes its the 18 years olds drooling with their eyes rolled back in their heads in the corner...some people are "too young" mentally to be able to handle it. i'm not trying to say i'm emotionally stable enough or try to preach or whatever but i just think that you need to be in a strong place mentally regardless of what age...

Wow, I didn't get worked up in this thread at all! :D I still agree with everything I said, but good LORD woman, take a chill pill (or don't, there's no right age to start taking chill pills).

Jeebus.

There's no 'right' age. People take drugs if and when they need them. Trying to control what is already ILLEGAL and put 'right ages' on it is the first step to a Police State. Leave 'em be you wowsers....