• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How to sleep on stimulants?

I've never experienced cotton mouth from a small dose of benzos.
The poster was probably reffering to tampon's.

A joke based on the intoxicated writing's of Gary : Tampazapam.

Dexmedetomidine : Never heard of it, what is it? Sedation via alfa-2 agonism lowering Nor-Adrenalin causing sedation and resperatory depression. Consious sedation wow, give me some, not. Hospital use only I guess.

Last edited:
The poster was probably reffering to tampon's.

A joke based on the intoxicated writing's of Gary : Tampazapam.

Dexmedetomidine : Never heard of it, what is it? Causes consious sedation wow, give me some. Hospital use only I guess.
It's a highly specific a2 adrenergic receptor agonist that is 8 times more selective than clonidine.

It has been used for stimulant intoxication to reduce heart rate and blood pressure.

It is also used for agitation from schizophrenia or BPD.

It is extremely potent. The sublingual film is 120 micrograms or 180 micrograms.

It's completely uncontrolled so getting a prescription is the only issue.

By the way vets use it to sedate animals.

It's a highly specific a2 adrenergic receptor agonist that is 8 times more selective than clonidine.

It has been used for stimulant intoxication to reduce heart rate and blood pressure.

It is also used for agitation from schizophrenia or BPD.

It is extremely potent. The sublingual film is 120 micrograms or 180 micrograms.

It's completely uncontrolled so getting a prescription is the only issue.

By the way vets use it to sedate animals.
My systolic pressure under/ upper. Are so low my dr. was surprised I could stand, do get a lot of black out's. Any lower and I am forced down and sit it out.

I'll pass on this class snmfy.

My systolic pressure under/ upper. Are so low my dr. was surprised I could stand, do get a lot of black out's. Any lower and I am forced down and sit it out.

It won't be low like that if you're on stimulants.

It doesn't depress respiration, and it has a biofasic effect on blood pressure. Low dose it lowers it high dose it actually increases it.

However, when I said it is used to lower blood pressure and heart rate during stimulant intoxication that's because alpha and beta blockers are pretty much the only things that can.

And the topic was sleeping on stims.

Stay away from abilify. Those anti psychotic drugs are horrendous.

Kratom is kind of a moot point.

Vitamin c will not make you sleep.

I'd go kava kava with l theanine and magnesium bisglycinate
Kava is the best from what I've heard.

It won't be low like that if you're on stimulants.
Well I was under the influence of therapeutic dosages of Dex-Amphetamine.

Didn't have an effect on it at that dose, but my doc has to check, hartrate and sysytolic pressure before writing a repeat prescription.

eat something acidic, helps to clear amph
That's actually Not true, and can Do exactly the opposite.

In order to clear amphetamine, you have to acidify the urine. Usually eating acidic fruits and foods does the opposite. It raises the pH of urine and causes the person to retain amphetamines.

For example, orange juice is one of the most acidic things that you can drink/eat. It increases urinary pH which makes you secrete less amphetamine in your urine.

In order to lower urinary pH, And induce a higher percentage of clearance of amphetamines the best thing to do is eat lots of meat, cheese, and drink as much coca-Cola or other beverage that has what's called an inorganic acid like phosphoric acid. The study that shows acidification of urine specifically identified cola.

Well I was under the influence of therapeutic dosages of Dex-Amphetamine.

Didn't have an effect on it at that dose, but my doc has to check, hartrate and sysytolic pressure before writing a repeat prescription.
If you're on a prescription amphetamine like Adderall, It only take you a week maybe two to be able to fall asleep no problem.

Unless you save up a couple days and take a bunch all at once.

Been there done that.

Kava is the best from what I've heard.
Kava does not work to help you sleep when you're on stimulants. In fact, because it can cause reuptake inhibition of norepinephrine, It can increase sympathomimetic effects.

There are also substances in kava that are monoamine oxidase inhibitors. You don't want to take those with stimulants.

If you're on a prescription amphetamine like Adderall, It only take you a week maybe two to be able to fall asleep no problem.

Unless you save up a couple days and take a bunch all at once.

Been there done that.
If you take your last dose at the time its supposed. On Dextro-Amphetamine I sleep fine. From the start, unlike Methylphenidate which really prevents sleep long after it has come down.

DL-Amphetamine will keep me awake long after coming down too.

Last edited:
the best thing to do is eat lots of meat, cheese

Most people on a stimulant binge are likely to experience a stim rebound if they do this due to the massive bicarb production inital protease-activated protein digestion entails, so I really would avoid a high protein meal before sleep.

High fat meals, otoh, are a great idea, and a fatty emulsion is an effective way of clearing amphetamines from serum.

How to sleep on stimulants?​

You don't ☺️ That's the point of stimulants lol.

No, I know what you mean, but I generally just let it wear off and suffer. I've got diazepam but that doesn't knock me out.

Alcohol is tempting but I have a long & disastrous history with that, so I try to avoid as much as possible.

Often if you just lie down and shut your eyes - even if you think there's no way you'll sleep - and lie there for a while you will fall asleep. And if you don't, it's not the end of the world.

Good luck!

This.. the more shit you use to try and sleep the worse you’re going to feel. I’d rather be on no sleep then loaded with a bunch of junk and maybe a little sleep.

Most people on a stimulant binge are likely to experience a stim rebound if they do this due to the massive bicarb production inital protease-activated protein digestion entails, so I really would avoid a high protein meal before sleep.

High fat meals, otoh, are a great idea, and a fatty emulsion is an effective way of clearing amphetamines from serum.
That doesn't work. You have to acidify the urine or the kidneys retain the methamphetamine.

That doesn't work. You have to acidify the urine or the kidneys retain the methamphetamine.

It's customary to ask someone to explain a thing when you don't understand it yourself, though a quick Google would have told you all you needed to know.

Adjusting urinary pH is only one way of modulating serum amphetamine levels, and not a particularly direct or reliable method either.

Newly digested fats, on the other hand, are the perfect partner to a lipophilic (lipid soluble) substance like ~amphetamine, and circulate directly in the bloodstream, binding it in serum. So effective, in fact, that IV lipid emulsions (ILE) are increasingly becoming the gold standard for treatment in overdose situations in many hospitals.