• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How to prevent doing something stupid on Etizolam?

Don't take benzodiazepines (thienodiazepines included) if you lack the self-control to moderate dosage. You will never be safe otherwise. The urge to take escalated doses of benzodiazepines is much greater when in withdrawal, as they certainly help with some facets of withdrawal, but not all and this can lead us, in our already inebriated state to consume more subconsciously hoping for all of our symptoms to be mitigated. This happens with alcohol as well to many. This includes PAWS to a degree as well.

I'm only speaking for myself here. When I've been in opioid withdrawal and have taken benzodiazepines or alcohol, it's never been good. In alcohol's defense it is quite self-limiting as I can only stomach so much before I feel very sick - I normally can drink copious amounts of alcohol with no sickness until it's worn off. In all seriousness, you must seriously respect the power of benzodiazepines, especially when in virtually unlimited supply. It's really not too farfetched to imagine one being very sick, taking a heavy dose of benzo's and then getting caught trying to break into a pharmacy in a blacked out stupor, or - insert life altering event for the worse here -.

If you're having trouble controlling your intake, knowing full well that you have issues and logically should not take them, than you really should not be in control of your dosing. Do you have a significant other? That would make things real easy, as then they can divvy out the pills to you on a schedule in preconceived amounts. Then, you can ingest your benzo's in safety, without having to worry about overdosing yourself into blackout territory.

The second best solution is to have a friend hold onto them, one who can see you at least once every day and drop you off your supply and hold onto the rest. You still have the potential to overdose yourself, but at least with this method you'll only be consuming a day's worth of medication as opposed to a month's worth. The only other option I can think of is ordering extremely small quantities piecemeal on a regular basis, but I'm sure that would be a real bitch.

Ponder these options OP. I just reread your post and realized you're not currently in acute withdrawal like I had originally thought so please ignore the references to opioid withdrawal in my post. If you are not using them for this previously stated purpose and are just trying to party, you need to stop. They don't work for you and you are heading down a path that can lead to utter destruction and I'm not over-dramatizing this. You need to give all of your pills to someone, anyone who you reasonably trust and work out a solid taper schedule. One that leaves you mostly comfortable, but a small amount of pain will most likely be included in the process.

I would really focus on quitting before you do something really stupid while blacked out. That's a lot of etizolam that you've "just kind of taken". I am lucky to have recovered from my fuck-ups, but benzodiazepines in the the same dose range you're describing have almost led me to complete ruin. All for a night of what I thought was going to be relaxation, guitar and maybe a movie. Be careful.
It all worked out fine for me, I played some games, ate some food, and went to sleep. I remember most of if, I did notice short memory lapses but all well.

I still can't sleep due to withdrawals, and I have 5 pills left so I plan on using them for 5 days of sleep. Now I just need to use the rest of my alcohol when I get home from class, and then eventually I guess I'll pick up some more heroin. I've got coke coming my way too but it'll be another week or two to get it, I'm not sure when exactly it's confusing circumstances.

Just took a shot of rum and 4.8mg etz, last of my Etizolam. Kept half a pill though for if I ever need.

You don't think I'd go through minor benzo withdrawals after only using a few weeks do you?

Last edited:
Just took a shot of rum and 4.8mg etz, last of my Etizolam. Kept half a pill though for if I ever need.

You don't think I'd go through minor benzo withdrawals after only using a few weeks do you?

It's quite possible, yes. Thankfully you're not in too deep so seizures probably aren't a major concern but you will probably at the least have some rebound anxiety and some fluish symptoms for a bit.

A few weeks of any decent drugs has some sort of WD symptoms even if psychological only.

11 hours, 49 minutes from, "I'll save five to taper" to "I just took the last" (rough quotes)

This folks is why self-tapering often fails.

Hope you get out without too much discomfort. Do not order more RCs! And try to keep the alcohol as low as possible, really you should quit that too, but I doubt many would recommend simultaneously quitting both GABA A & GABA B receptor agonists, I wouldn't without another anti-seizure added in... Ask a competent physician to assist you in all of this, you deserve it, you need it, imo. I did.

11 hours, 49 minutes from, "I'll save five to taper" to "I just took the last" (rough quotes)

This folks is why self-tapering often fails.

Hope you get out without too much discomfort. Do not order more RCs! And try to keep the alcohol as low as possible, really you should quit that too, but I doubt many would recommend simultaneously quitting both GABA A & GABA B receptor agonists, I wouldn't without another anti-seizure added in... Ask a competent physician to assist you in all of this, you deserve it, you need it, imo. I did.
Actually my plan was to finish all of the etz, go out with a bang (good time), and the same with alcohol. Last night I finished off all my Etizolam, and just now I drank the rest of my alcohol. I can't afford to buy more of either, I have probably $30 in the bank and just paid for college courses, so my thought process is I'll be pretty much forced clean off alcohol/Etizolam.

And I don't remember saying I'd do a Etizolam taper, but my memory has been shady recently...

I don't recall your doses or dose frequency, but with school and all going c/t from both may be very troubling, even without school!

Maybe see a physician. I'm just trying to help, with the least harm inflicted in the process. Please don't take my prior post as it sounds, kinda dickish.

bro If you want to do it cheap you can buy a gram for a etizolam online on for $40 its actually really easy to do it in a safe way all you need is Propylene Glycol (PG) & a MG Scale, So you get a 30mg mL bottle fill it up & weigh out 30mg of etizolam on your MG scale and mix the two together. So 1mL = 1mg of etizolam. Its safe and it cost you close to nothing

bro If you want to do it cheap you can buy a gram for a etizolam online on for $40 its actually really easy to do it in a safe way all you need is Propylene Glycol (PG) & a MG Scale, So you get a 30mg mL bottle fill it up & weigh out 30mg of etizolam on your MG scale and mix the two together. So 1mL = 1mg of etizolam. Its safe and it cost you close to nothing
I have a 32ml bottle I could use, and I have a scale but i bought it for weighing weed so it's only accurate to xx.x and I wouldn't know the exact amount if Etizolam I'm putting in the bottle (its accuracy is also plus or minus 0. 2g). Also I can't afford even that much Etizolam or PG right now.

Seriously if you are thinking of killing yourself as you mentioned twice you need to find someone to talk to about this to get help. Find a proper psychotherapist for councling and a psychiatrist to manage meds and hopefully prescribe something like klonopin.

Seriously shadowstryker please seek help before you become another statistic.

To everyone else WTF? Is no one taking this seriously. It shames me to see I'm the first in this community to point out and suggest help when someone is considering suicide during a benzo binge. Seriously am having trouble believing this is what bl is now when people used to care about one another.

Seriously if you are thinking of killing yourself as you mentioned twice you need to find someone to talk to about this to get help. Find a proper psychotherapist for councling and a psychiatrist to manage meds and hopefully prescribe something like klonopin.

Seriously shadowstryker please seek help before you become another statistic.

To everyone else WTF? Is no one taking this seriously. It shames me to see I'm the first in this community to point out and suggest help when someone is considering suicide during a benzo binge. Seriously am having trouble believing this is what bl is now when people used to care about one another.
Okay, being completely serious here, but when was the second time I was suicidal? I only remember ever trying to kill myself during the heroin withdrawals.

PostPost 13 and 26 where you first mention it and try to explain it more clearly a second time. Seriously bro hwy help. I've been following this thread of obvious self destructive behavior and while your consideration to end your life makes me sad as I know how it feels, but how most other people here have been supportive of this attitude rather than check you as the community should and recommend help. You say you didn't forget anything yet here is a serious thing you forgot at least a bit. Seriously get a psychotherapist to talk to about self control issues and suicidal ideation as that's only one small step from an attempt and one more to becoming a statistic. Find a psychiatrist who can and will prescribe the benzos you need to stay stable without drinking and hopefully giving up the daily benzo use in the end as 2 months of daily use will increase the risk of Alzheimer's by 51% This is not a joke... Get help... Don't feel ashamed. Most of us on this board has struggled with these issues and at least half with suicidal ideation due to the difficulty finding help. Don't get discouraged as you are strong and awesome and I am sure with a little support will do amazing things. Don't let all that possibility go to waste chasing the feeling of a half unconscious state. If w/d get severe go to the ER and tell them you are w/d from cold turkey high dose benzo/thienodiazapine and concern you might end up seizing as you have noticed symptoms of onset and they should stabilize you as benzo w/d can cause seizures and even kill so the ER is required to help vs opiate w/d they will literally tell you to go buy on the street as opiate w/d aren't known to kill even though they can set off underlying conditions and obviously hurt and stress the body leading to long term damage they don't care about.

Edit: Also do not go back on heroin. You do not want AWS or to delay the PAWS. All your along for is to be refused support you need and access to prescribed opiates if you really need them for pain.

Okay now don't take this the wrong way, I'm in no way trying to argue with you and I hear what you're saying and agree but have you followed shadowstryker from the time he first popped up on BL? I'm sure others have as have I and if anything his threads have received some of the most attention I've seen in my short time on BL with plenty of good advice from seasoned members trying to steer him in the right direction.

First it started with oxy is too expensive and I want to switch to heroin thread in which he received repeated advice NOT to go down that road and why but didn't listen and went there anyway. Next he is posting asking why he's having constant cravings for heroin, why he can't get it off his mind and how to reduce that. Then there was the thread where he wanted to try a fent analog his dealer called "China White" because it was much cheaper than the regular "safer" heroin he was getting. To his credit he decided against that. And now this thread where he seems to be spiraling out of control with benzos (well technically thenos) and alcohol. Admittedly this thread probably hasn't been the most helpful for him and if he truly is suicidal he should seek help as that is never the answer.

I think what I'm trying to say is you can try and try to steer someone off the path of destruction but if they're determined to walk it then what else can we do other than try to steer him right?

Shadowstryker if you ARE seriously suicidal then please don't choose that. Give yourself some time clean to get your head straight and see how you feel then. Seek some help, someone to talk to, a psychiatrist or psychologist or even just a therapist. You're young and you have your whole life ahead of you, quit while you're ahead (no jail time, no OD) and you'll probably be ahead of the curve compared to a lot of others. Things may feel like all shit now but they can get better.

I've struggled with multiple mental disorders my entire adult life and have frequently felt that things are never gonna get better but trust me, they can. It doesn't come overnight and it takes work on your part but I think you'll find if you invest as much time and energy into improving things as you have into getting high that you can see some positive change.

I actually remember every one of those threads although not that it was specifically him so kudos for definitely getting to know other members..... Although obviously people have the right advice in those threads as I didn't end up posting. This one I watched from the start knowing that it was a bad idea and once I noticed it spiraled downhill to suicidal ideation and seeing not a single person calling him out it upset me and so I had to call out the community. This place is about harm reduction and letting someone go down a path of destruction just because you give up accepting you can't stop is not harm reduction especially as this thread seemed to turn into advising him on how to continue this out of control unmanaged use rather than pointing out risks and advising professional help. I'm sure you understand.

Yeah I definitely hear ya and understand tacodude. Personally I'm just kinda at a loss on what else can be done on our part. Hopefully some of what I and others have said/shared will hit home with him and provide at least some help.

See post # 13 in this thread, shadow...
Wow, I didn't remember that happening at all.

To the posters saying it's a lost cause, I'm trying...I really am. I'm working up the courage to either go on antidepressant currently or to see a therapist. It's just hard, you have to understand that I'm 18, living with my mother, was kicked out of my alcoholic father's house who is a daily drinker that starts drinking as soon as he gets home (pretty much what I do), and I just can't imagine the effect it'd have on family relations if it became known that I became an alcoholic drug addict like my father. Alcoholism is bad enough and something I've tried to avoid because of my father's issue with alcohol (although I seem to have been driven to alcoholism anyway to stay off "harder" drugs), but not only would I have alcohol to explain on terms of addiction but I'd also have to explain that I seriously abuse/abused heroin, cocaine, and benzos. How the hell does one even bring that up with family? And if I get a therapist, not only do I struggle to let other people in on my problems but how do I ensure my family doesn't know I'm an addict. If I raised a child and they ended up addicted I'd think I raised them wrong, which they didn't and like I said I can't imagine the effect it'd have on family relations. They're already pretty iffy as-is.

Sorry if the post is a little long, I'm on mobile and have been drinking so I can't really tell how long/short my posts are. I've quit the Etizolam ct because I can't afford more and ran out, and I'll 19 days clean from heroin so alcohol is really all I'm using right now. And cocaine very rarely (aka twice), but I can't afford to keep that up so no worries there.

Please get to a therapist asap, I recommend CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), others may chime in.

If you're seriously suicidal at any point, like you're actually planning it out, go to the ER or see a doc that day!

You're expressing a lot of shame and guilt, that's very typical, I understand well how you feel in regards to your family. My guess is they already know, at that level of etiz and alcohol, if you spent much time around any sober family member, they'd likely notice. Though they may assume it's "just" alcohol, they need to know it isn't.

Coming clean with family can be extremely painful and traumatic, but it's usually better than having them find out when you seize up, OD or get busted on a possession charge. Talking to a therapist first would be a good idea, she / he can prep you for "the talk." Wouldn't it be better to tell them yourself than have them call you out or find out in some other way?

Give it some thought, you have shame of substance abuse as an inherent trait - as you wrote - you'd feel that way if you raised someone with a substance use disorder. You'd be best severed to have a therapist examine that issue with you. Once you get past your own self-shaming dealing with others that may try to shame you will be easier on you and your recovery.

Best wishes. You're young. You have much time to prove the critics you fear wrong, and build a better life than your patents did for you as a child.