• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids HOW TO MAKE METHADONE DOSE MORE POTENT

Testosterone can have a significant effect on how you feel increasing feelings of anxiety etc. Treating low test can have a significant effect on how you feel and may help with the effects of the methadone.

I successfully got off methadone and oxy over ten years ago. Before i did i got on Testosterone replacement therapy. If i hadn’t done this i don’t think i would have been able to get off.

Low T can have really significant effects and if you’re low you will likely feel much better if this is treated.

Another test i would ask for is vitamin D as many methadone patients are low on this and this can have pretty significant effects as well. It’s really easy to treat with an inexpensive vitamin.

Just looking for things methadone often causes that may be treatable to increase your standard of living.
Thank you I appreciate that. I had blood work recently an my vitamin d was good .

My current situation is I am already at 149mg daily of methadone but it just isnt enough. I don't want to go up any further because I would need 2 ekgs a year for any dose over 150mg. I have read a few different sources stateing that methadone has a higher BIOAVAILABILITY when taken sublingual "through the gums", I have also linked the source that claims this below. So in theory could I let my dose sit in my gums for a period of time for a stronger overall effect. An you don't have to tell me I know I'm a fien.also I would never i.v. this stuff not worth it.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/245...ough,controlled conditions is relatively high

Sublingual is a decent ROA, but it’s under the tongue rich with blood vessels. Cannabis oil or LSD tab under the tongue hits fast into bloodsteam (cannabis) 10-15min vs eating weed brownies 1h+ , vs smoking a J which is instant 1-2 minutes.

Methadone has great oral bioavailability

The strongest inhibitor that I have ever used would be Fluvoxamine (Luvox). It is an older SSRI that is often favored specifically for OCD patients. I feel the effects are hard to differentiate from any other SSRI.

We know that SSRI's effect enzyme activity, though Fluvoxamine does this to a greater degree.

Use Google and you will easily locate articles discussing cases of overdose-like symptoms in patients taking Methadone who were then started on Fluvoxamine. In one case, the overdose symptoms popped up around day 5 of Fluvoxamime induction.

I can say that it works. I've done it. It is in a different league than things like Grapefruit or even Cimetidine (Tagamet).

The only problem is that you would then be taking an SSRI. The effects of SSRIs can be difficult to deal with, especially the libido issues.

Use Google and you will easily locate articles discussing cases of overdose-like symptoms in patients taking Methadone who were then started on Fluvoxamine. In one case, the overdose symptoms popped up around day 5 of Fluvoxamime induction.

I can say that it works. I've done it. It is in a different league than things like Grapefruit or even Cimetidine (Tagamet).

The only problem is that you would then be taking an SSRI. The effects of SSRIs can be difficult to deal with, especially the libido issues.

You found fluvoxamine to noticeably increase the effects of methadone? That was my hope when I added fluvoxamine to methadone, because based on literature it sounded promising (even dangerous in some cases).

Unfortunately I was disappointed and didn't really notice anything. But apparently there is a big range, this notes increase in blood levels of 20% to 100%: https://europepmc.org/article/med/8160253

But methadone was like a black hole for me, my daily dose never really felt like enough, and I never found a way to increase its effects (even with seemingly promising things like fluvoxamine).

Of course it was enough in certain individual circumstances. Once I took over 900mg in a single dose (when my maintenance dose was 380mg/day) and remember at some point waking up smiling, face down in bowl of cereal,. Yet if I were to take 60mg right now, without a tolerance, I would get high as a kite. And if I were to take my old maintenance dose of 380mg right now, I'd be dead in a matter of hours.

But my regular daily dose never seemed like it was enough, and I never found a way to increase its effects.