• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to get rid of Meth Mouth

The nonspecific mouthwash recommendations are not really helpful. Standard alcohol-based mouthwashes will really just contribute to drying out the mouth. Hence the specific Biotene recommendations - alcohol free and is really designed to emulate the environment of a healthy mouth.

Yeah like I said in my post, Biotene is a must-have for any tweaker's toolkit.

The nonspecific mouthwash recommendations are not really helpful. Standard alcohol-based mouthwashes will really just contribute to drying out the mouth. Hence the specific Biotene recommendations - alcohol free and is really designed to emulate the environment of a healthy mouth.

Who made a non-specific recommendation? I said biotene in the third post...

Dissolve about a teaspoon of baking soda in a few sips-worth of warmed water....Use as mouthwash. Resolve to improve dental habits.

For whitening (and general antiseptic) purposes, it doesn't hurt to swish your mouth around with USP grade hydrogen peroxide, if you can tolerate the mildly unpleasant taste/sensation. It's the active ingredient in the vast majority of tooth whitening toothpastes, white strips, etc, you know, whitening shit, as it's a mild bleaching agent. Do not swallow.

Ok so I've only smoked shit three times this last time I was trip pin out my tooth (cap) was killing me so I started messing with it all of a sudden it felt like shit was going in between the tooth (cap) and my cheek so I decided I was going to pull it out because i was super scared it would rot that tooth (cap) and the rest of my teeth anyway I'm trying to pull it out I'm feeling shit drip out it then it starts numbing my mouth so i took a thumb tac and poked it in my gums then I kept trying to pull the tooth (cap) out about half way threw my friend stopped me because it was going to pull at least two others out so I put it back in at that point I'm super pisses and scare because I want the tooth out but I don't want to loose the other ones then I noticed my tongue was all swollen long story short its been about two days since that happened my tongue is still swollen I'm to scared to go to the Dr my face is a little numb still I need something that will get rid of it that I have at my house because I'm broke and I want it to stop hurting asap PLEASE HELP ME! IM REALLY SCARED!

Ok so I've only smoked shit three times this last time I was trip pin out my tooth (cap) was killing me so I started messing with it all of a sudden it felt like shit was going in ...........!

Firstly the only person who should be preforming surgery on your teeth is a dentist.

You may have a tooth abscess, root abscess or some kind of other inflammation.

First thing to do is the same as any medical situation DON'T PANIC. Take a pain and inflammation drug such a ibuprofen and wait two hours before reassessing the problem.

Regarding meth mouth in smokers, stay hydrated and continue your natural day to day routine of dental hygiene.
Add in the odd wash mouthwash gargle or maybe a glass of milk.

One of the drawbacks of smoking meth is the Hydrochloric acid component used to make meth into a sold crystal is released as a vapor that reforms as an acid on contact with the moisture in the air and saliva. This acid attacks tooth enamel, the metals and bonding agents used in dentistry as well as the surrounding tissue.

So take the ibuprofen and see what happens. If you do have an infection you will have to go on antibiotics befor surgery anyway so there's no rush. Remember the first rule of medicine DON'T PANIC!

drink gatorade/powerade, drink more fluids, drink some more, and drink some more.....

make sure you are eating, and brushing your teeth atleast 2 times a day. i know it is hard to eat and drink on meth, but you have to force yourself. trust me the comedown will not be as bad if you are hydrated and ate some food, you will thank yourself. literally shove food down your throat lol

meth mouth comes from the acute dry mouth that meth causes, coupled with a shitty diet and dehydration leads to degradation of your gums/teetj

Last night I couldn't sleep well, and I have been taking poor care of my teeth lately. Ive had 2 dreams recently where one of my teeth was loose, and I felt the pain up until the point i tug on the tooth. Then I realize had a dream.

Instead of brushing my teeth last night when I woke up like i should have, because I don't remember when I brushed last, but it wasnt yesterday, I stayed in bed. Didn't fall back asleep, but instead imagined why it is a person gets a root cannel. Wonder to myself what a root cannel even is. Realize, hey, it's probably what's going to happen to at least one of my teeth if I keep this shit up. Even started to feel the shame associated with the operation, and how long I could put it off after being told i needed one. Brushed my teeth, rinsed with fluoride mouthwash, and I guess I'm going to keep this up at least twice a day. Maybe you need a root cannel? It has got to be the biggest wake-up call in the field of dental hygiene there is. I know I usually brush the fuck out of my teeth after i get a cavity, or at least get scared straight by the promise of one at a future appointment.

I feel though bro, I just had 3 cavities the last time I was at the dentist. But instead I said fuck it to proper hygiene, and am now realizing it can get way worse than cavities.

If your tooth is actually loose when you wake up, and hurts when you've come down and are of sane mind, you have to go to the emergency room or another facility you can afford. I'm guessing you probably can't just brush&rinse the hell out of your mouth enough to reverse the damage that's been done, but it can do wonders to prevent more damage down the road. Baking soda rinse is good because it makes the pH of your mouth very basic. Fluoride is good for both brushing&rinsing because it is incorporated into the enamel of teeth. So brush twice a day, everyday. After you smoke meth, rinse with baking soda or a fluoride rinse. And face the fact that there is already damage to your teeth, and a dentist is your only reasonable route of fixing the problem. Maybe it does need to be pulled, but you shouldn't be doing it yourself. You're not on a stranded island.

I know this isn't helpful after the fact, but DONT LET YOURSELF GET IT TO BEGIN WITH! Meth mouth is NOT something inevitable that goes hand in hand with careful and respectful methamphetamine use. It's not the methamphetamine that really causes it, yeah it can dry out your mouth but you know what people who aren't tweaking do when they have a dry mouth? They listen to their bodies and hydrate, brush their teeth, and go the extra mile rather than suffer the consequences of careless drug abuse.

Hydrating isn't always the answer. When I started doing amphetamine (not meth) every other day, I'd get insane dry mouth no matter how much water I drank. One day I logged all my water intake and it was over 4 liters, excluding any water from food. Didn't matter, after a week or so my gums started hurting like hell because of the dryness. Mouth wash fixed my problems, it makes me drool quite a bit for a while and it kills the bacteria that cause infection. My problems were solved in a few days and never had too much problems ever since (although I haven't been doing amph every other day for an extended period since).
Note that this was snorted amphetamine. I suppose smoking meth is a lot more damaging (with the HCl-vapors), but dry mouth is dry mouth.

Ever tried Biotene dry-mouth rinse? I used some..... bout.... 4 hours ago and my mouth feels great.

Also, drinking 4 liters of water isn't going to help much if it due to the lack of retention. Try electrolytes instead.

Asn occasional smoker who will never touch the shit again, I'd like to report on my last tweak. My teeth started to feel funky (had never heard of meth mouth) and I flossed after a 3-day binge. My mouth was flooded with corrosive chemicals and I suffered severe burns and swelling. After 8 days on penicillin and using peroxide followed by baking soda as mouthwash 3 times a day, I am still in pain and have half a dozen sores in my mouth. I am going to discontinue the peroxide as it is also corrosive, and stick with salt water & baking soda. The swelling went down fast but three back teeth felt abcessed, hence the peroxide to boil out as much as possible. The dry mouth dissipated after a few days. This has been a horrible experience, nothing like the meth I used in the 1990s, and not worth the pain. Additionally, my friend and I both suffered complications with unrelated open wounds on our bodies. Some nasty stuff out there... Don't assume strange wounds are unrelated. Just saying.

Ever tried Biotene dry-mouth rinse? I used some..... bout.... 4 hours ago and my mouth feels great.

Also, drinking 4 liters of water isn't going to help much if it due to the lack of retention. Try electrolytes instead.
…You serious? Like, dead serious? I remember when I was taking 6mg benztropine there for a while… that was living in a literal hell. You had to be swishing water around in your mouth constantly or it would instantly dry up. I don’t know if you’ve heard of it, it dries your mouth out like no other. Id used a bottle of Bioene spray every week at least.

Are you telling me that the mouthwash truly is that good…? I needa look into it.

Asn occasional smoker who will never touch the shit again, I'd like to report on my last tweak. My teeth started to feel funky (had never heard of meth mouth) and I flossed after a 3-day binge. My mouth was flooded with corrosive chemicals and I suffered severe burns and swelling. After 8 days on penicillin and using peroxide followed by baking soda as mouthwash 3 times a day, I am still in pain and have half a dozen sores in my mouth. I am going to discontinue the peroxide as it is also corrosive, and stick with salt water & baking soda. The swelling went down fast but three back teeth felt abcessed, hence the peroxide to boil out as much as possible. The dry mouth dissipated after a few days. This has been a horrible experience, nothing like the meth I used in the 1990s, and not worth the pain. Additionally, my friend and I both suffered complications with unrelated open wounds on our bodies. Some nasty stuff out there... Don't assume strange wounds are unrelated. Just saying.
end up
That’s inevitable, bud. :/ If you don’t brush your teeth, those gums WILL end up infected. /

I use carmax lip balm,and my own piece, i also swish with water n spit after a cloud,and brush teeth that night.

Chorseptic spray is fucking golden when the sides of ur tounge are butning lol.

Yeah but at the same time chloraseptic is basically just prilocaine/lidocaine so it's just numbing the symptoms not addressing the actual problem.

Best way IMO is to try not to get meth mouth in the first place! Proactive measures always work out better than reactive measures IMO.

Man i hear u could chew that good gum with vitamins and stuff in it and itl keep your mouth moving so it doesn't situp.

never had meth mouth binging on good dope, finished an eightball and two ts in a week before, no negative affects on any part of my body noted, except after i finished the binge (before immediately picking up again) when the bronchial dilation left i had asthma once again. darn.

get a new dealer. there could be cut (regardless how high you get, thats even more a trick, ull keep smokin dope that gets ya high right? there trying to make sure it happened ause there dicks, just went through this shit except the guy tried togive me a heart problem)

ud act weird if you had all the meth in the world too i guess. whats it like to be THAT high?