• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How old will be when you stop drugs/will you use forever?

...25?
But a wee lad. Drugs are wasted on the young ;)

I'd rather waste drugs on my youth than waste the rest of my life on drugs :p Don't get me wrong, for anyone who can get high and still live a functional lifestyle, more power to them, but I don't seem to be one of those people.

Besides, quite frankly the whole thing has grown a little stale after 8 years. Unless someone comes up with a completely new class of psychoactive chemical, continued drug use would just be repeating the same experiences over and over again. I'd rather use my time (and money) seeking out new experiences.

I dunno, that's just how I feel about it.

i think Lou Reed summed it up:

Heroin, be the death of me
Heroin, it's my wife and it's my life
Because a mainer to my vein
Leads to a center in my head
And then I'm better off and dead
Because when the smack begins to flow
I really don't care anymore

edit: having re-read everyone's posts in this thread, especially of my post 4 years ago I still stand by what I've said. I'm still unrepentant about drugs. Although 2013 was a challenge and a half (can anyone say spell major precipitated withdrawal events) I still love my drugs and won't stop. Would I have done things different with the 20/20 vision of hindsight, sure but there isn't nothing that hasn't been a great lesson/kick up the ass.

So in summary, no I won't stop using drugs. Will I be smarter, yup. Will i be a bit more careful of the consequences. For sure. But ultimately and until the receptors in my brain wither away into oblivion I'm happy to be on this roller coaster.

So much regret in this thread. Drugs and the negative things (i.e. physical widthdrawals, lack of money) are all things that a free and open society could resolve/mediate through medical, legal and social change.

You think your addiction is a failure of character? No its not. Its genetic/biological that is being denied by the greater society, mainly due to corruption of our political system by those who benefit greatly from the illegal status of drugs - these corrupt agents are primarily our Law Enforcement officers, lawyers and judges and politicians. All parasites, sucking at tens of billions in direct and indirect funding that keeps them employed, rewarding their never ending failure to stop drugs.

Last edited:
Yeh crankinit speaks wisdom beyond his years, actually has guided me a lot in my drug use while lurking the forums yrs ago.

I got addicted to coke at 16 and graduated to meth for 9 years. I hated drugs and stayed sober for 4 years until I ran across LSD. I vow never to go back to the former drugs but I plan on indulging in psychedelics for some years to come. I'll never stop using MJ. I'm 29.

To answer the OP; as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth (to paraphrase my late grandfather).

To answer the OP; as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth (to paraphrase my late grandfather).

Good parameter.. There´s no certain age but reasons instead. I´ve been doing it for the past 30 years. It´s not the age that´s going to make me stop..something else.

When I was 15 I swore I'd never get into pills and powders,at 16 I tried my first dose of MDMA crystal and once the peak of that wore off I consumed my first (small) dose of mushrooms only like 4 mushrooms,and from that night on things changed....at 17 I started using opiates (only codeine) by the time I was 19 I was consuming meth daily for about 10 months...managed to kick meth but continued using opiates like 3-5 times a week when I turned 20 I switched to poppy seed tea (MUCH STRONGER.MUCH HARDER TO KICK) eventually was using every 2nd day atleast aswell as Oxys and MS contins...on my 21st birthday I couldn't see any end in site until the day after my birthday where i overdosed on poppy seed tea and a shit ton of Xanax...after that incident I tried to kick PST but failed and ended up using it daily until I managed to get onto methadone (I think at that point i didint want to stop my drug use completely I just wanted to stop using PST daily after like a month and a half I ended up going cold turkey off 70mg of mdone ( I won't bore u all with the detail but lets just say I was treated super unfairly) now I'm 23 I use poppy seed tea each day sometimes each 2nd day and I get the odd half weight of smack as a treat so I can actually get a nice opiate buzz and tbh I can't see a end in site I've recently got back into psychs and plan on getting a 8b of ketamine and just k-holing the weekend away,I'll smoke/vape pot til the day I die and will always use opiates but I'd rather use them every now and then insted of every 2nd day....well that's enough meth induced rambles.well done u made it to the end!

So, I started using drugs a 13 (smoking pot, LSD, etc.) I moved on quickly to others (cocaine, Meth, heroin). At 19 I had been in inpatient twice and TRIED to stop, I couldn't. At 20 I moved to another city and got into a program. I was also fucking DONE! It was a bad life I had created for myself. Anyway, in the new city I found recovery in a way I had never had before. I loved the community, I dove into AA and surrounded myself with positive people and a made a new great life. I stayed clean and sober (NOTHING, no booze, weed, no pain meds even when I got my wisdom teeth pulled) for 11 years. Somewhere around 8 years clean, however, life became complicated. I had gotten married, had a baby, bought a house in that time (those 8 years) and then it all fell apart. I have to say though, even when I took the drugs away AND was working a program of recovery, I am such a broken person that I made some bad choices. My husband was abusive and I still felt less than. When I got divorced I needed a break from the recovery world and felt I "deserved" to have some fun. Well, that quickly led to three months of me shooting heroin again. I moved again, somehow I was able to stop before I lost everything, but I didn't really STOP, I switched to pills and tried to "taper off" so I wasn't sick. That was three years ago...now I still take pills and get sick when I don't have them. It sucks. I am lucky enough to be able to "maintain" and have a constant supply so I don't have to do the normal addict stuff to get well. It's been tough. I am hoping to get back to my recovery community. So the longest answer to your question ever...I hope that by 35 (next year), I'll be done totally with everything. I know that the happiest I have ever been is when I'm clean AND working a program of recovery. I'm not here to preach, 12 steps don't work for everyone, but they did for me. My experience is that I was happy then, the void was filled, and I was the one that stopped working the program. Right now, though, I don't feel ready to quit pills, they offer that euphoria that helps me get through my very crazy life.

Good parameter.. There´s no certain age but reasons instead. I´ve been doing it for the past 30 years. It´s not the age that´s going to make me stop..something else.

well ive been doing them for a solid 15 plus years, ive seen the highs and the lows and plenty of the in-betweens..many hangovers, days where i just dont feel right but i keep using because the drugs still work for a short amount of time and they work very well for that duration..will i ever stop, i doubt it..i would have to really shake up my lifestyle, like a 100% change..

Just wanted to share the joy of playing the concertina. As an amateur concertina player, I've found immense delight in the unique sounds this compact and expressive instrument produces. It's like having a portable symphony in your hands!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find title a little open at this point.
Things change.
Stoppable? Idk
Who's looking for the next max extension to creep up? ha
Wonderland 💫

drug use way more rampant later in life for me and my friends

start taking more risks having fun as life gets more boring

stop giving a fuck

more coke-have more money

more mushrooms and lsd at home

more meth to get hard things done

drug use way more rampant later in life for me and my friends

start taking more risks having fun as life gets more boring

stop giving a fuck

more coke-have more money

more mushrooms and lsd at home

more meth to get hard things done

It’s been the complete opposite for me. I have WAY more access to anything I want now, but fuck who’s got the time? It’s either no job and no money for drugs, or I’m working constantly. No in between..

-GC