• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How old will be when you stop drugs/will you use forever?

footscrazy

Bluelight Crew
It's funny, a common question upon seeing drug counsellers is 'when do you think you will stop using drugs?'

The answer to that, for me, has changed as the years go by. At 16, I thought I could possibly have my first child at 24, my age now. HA!!! That will be AT LEAST 10 years in the future. But the years tick by so quickly. And so the age that you think 'I'll be different then, I'll be grown, I'll know what I want and so I wont need drugs' changes. At 16, I didn't imagine I'd be addicted at 24. I thought that in the way I'd discovered drugs as a whole new frontier to be explored and discovered at 16, something else would come about when I grew up, when I was an 'adult', and it'd just happen, in the same way discovering nightlife and drugs did. Something would just take its place and naturally take over. It hasn't, and instead, my addiction has just grown.

So how about you? How long do you plan to take drugs? When do you plan to stop, if ever?

Its actually a thought that in a way frightens me. Im only 18 and started drugs when I was 15 however. But in no foreseeable future can I see myself completely stopping. Im afraid the void will be too big.:\

Ya lol I thought it'd be out of my system at 20 but I'm 22 and I see no end. But hey opiates are the real love affair I dont think many would argue that.... I tried a new drug today ... Ghb.. I'll be trying 5meodipt and methoxetamine in a few... Hell ya for thwarting the drug test I'm scheduled for (ghb out in 24 hrs) I have to b clean to the 15th shoot me now (to dissolve some family problems) either that or I gotta fake the test. As it is I might fail for suboxone (buprenorphine ) I Been off it 6 days. I'm diving in on the 15 th I'll b able to get hi with a g or so of h for a change. It'll be effin glorious

^ I've never been able to quit a drug except for a personal wish to stop. Meth, my DOC, forever (I could still probably write romantic poems to my lovely methamphetamine, though I've quit for 8 months now) I used for 8 years, alcohol the same (haven't been able to quit that), ghb, 1,4B, gbl - that took about 2 months of thrice daily dosing until it turned to shit. Now I'm onto opiates which are wonderfully pleasant but also a bitch to stop (though nothing compared to stopping meth). What's next? I am hopefully taking suggestions :D

What's next? I am hopefully taking suggestions

Some lovely psychedelics maybe? I can find them wonderfully soothing to the psyche. If I go for a big dry patch with psychs and only hit meth for a good while, I crave a trip to get things in my head back in order. They have a good way of making you realise things and prioritize. Maybe it could spell the end after some big epiphanies?

I only really use psychs these days, and quite infrequently, so I see no reason to stop :) I plan to crank up the use if anything once I retire :D

footscrazy you've made a lot of great threads lately!

Hell yeah DM. I plan to be the old wise man growing his own mushies, creating his own DMT and thinking Im Obi Wan on Tattooine.

^ My mind is too full, hence the drug taking to streamline it into understandable tangents; some spill into threads ;)

I would like to explore psychs more. I was an icehead for ages, from the age of 16-23. During that time, I did use mushies, but as I was awake on meth for 3 days - a lot of people would reasonable say - FOOTSY YOU'RE SUCH A DICKHEAD to take your first dose of psychs at this point, but all I can say is that for many years of my life, sleeping 2 nights of a week was normal, and I honestly didn't even consider that maybe the situation I was taking psychs in was abnormal, because at this stage, I had been abusing meth for years and this was a normal week for me. Needless to say I had a horrific trip that actually caused me to stop using any drugs at all for over a year. It was absolutely horrific. Unless anyone has been there, they cannot even begin to relate the hell I was in for nearly 6 months.

Overall, it was beneficial - I learnt how to deal with my anxiety, learnt about myself, etc etc, blah blah...but considering that experience...I am very hesitant to use psychs again. I have actually tripped on acid twice with Psilo, and whilst I wouldn't consider them bad trips, they weren't good, or life changing. One thing I found funny, during my first acid trip (during which I took a few hundred more mic's than intended) was the suggestion of thinking yourself out of a bad trip. My thoughts were the consistency of juice and no way could I 'think' my way out of anything, but at least I was too fucked to remember I was freaking out :D

So far i have used smack for 16 odd years, ill be 32 on the 16/9/11 and im finally getting closer mentally to wanting to stop using. I really dont want to be using by the time im 35 and certainly not at 40.

i would like to think that if my drug use remains as stable and manageable as it has been for years, i will be able to continue to enjoy expanding my consciousness.
drugs like alcohol are so normalised in our society that nobody expects you'll stop drinking when you hit a ripe old age, and if you're fairly responsible with your (other) drug consumption, i don't see why it has to be any different for the things i consume - psychedelics, cannabis, opiates.
sure, damaging, full-blown addiction can happen to anyone at any time and force you to reassess your habits, but short of
a) a better option (a drug free life that is rich, rewarding and chosen by my own freewill or
b) imprisonment, or something like that
i'd like to think that i can keep doing what i'm doing. i love certain drugs, but i don't think they're killing me, i don't think they're fucking me up, and i'd hate to use such an external, phoney structure as "age" as a reason to stop.
i've taken drugs for more years than i've been sober, and i'm not ashamed or regretful. hopefully my relationship with drugs will remain a happy one :)

As long as I stay off opiates, meth, coke, mxe and all the generally addictive drugs, (I don't look down upon such use, they're just not for me, hell I have a junk food addiction so I definitely wouldn't trust myself with opiates)
I expect I'll reach a level where I never cut out my use, but it will just become less frequent. I feel like LSD, Mushrooms and Weed (DMT in the foreseeable future) have done so much for me, so I never want to stop them completely. If I have to stop for my career then I will (I'm studying at University to work in the media industry), but I will definitely revisit these magical entities again one day.

I can't go a day without using something. Really, I'm not happy to go a day without getting wasted, but often I have to. It sucks, I know this isn't usual, but I guess I can't see why - why do people choose to spend their days straight while they could be gloriously high? My brain is obviously fucked :D (<- Sad smiley acceptance of patheticness right there)

I don't see myself ever quitting entirely. My current level of use and my current attitude towards drugs is definitely unsustainable, but I have an equally hard time imagining myself completely substance free.

That is a good point that was raised. People dont ask the question when your gonna stop "hittin dose beerz". But of course hard drug use and alcohol are different beasts entirely. (For me anyway). The one thing that I said earlier is that not filling the void frightens me the most. The thing that keeps me going during my shit house work week is that its gonna be a weekend filled with parties and narcotics. Drugs just get me off, fascinate me and give me that twinkle in the eye. I just feel right on them. As I grow bored and restless incredibly easy, when Im on something that doesnt really matter, Im into life 110%. Its worrying really.

I have no desire to drink alcohol, and especially in social situations dislike being sober immensely. But with meth particularly, ahhh im set. Talk talk laugh laugh. The jokes hit the mark perfectly, im smiling, everythings good. Of course my life is still very good in a sense and im not floundering and flailing. Im not off the rails but the track is quite bumpy compared to alot of people my age and social group. This worry is mainly toward the future. But for the meanwhile I know this lifestyle will be around for a while.

Footscrazy did you ever feel like this during your meth years if you dont mind me asking? The fear of what will fill the gap? And now that your off it is your itch scratched with downers?

I'm almost 30 and have been using drugs for half my life. For the first 8 years it was mostly weed with a bit of ecstasy. After that I have never touched weed again. These days its mainly alchohol, ecstasy and psychedelics. Plus there are others thrown in for variety when I come across them.

That said I only use illegal drugs roughly once a month, I see this drug use has no negative effects on my life and I don't ever plan to stop using.

My usage and frequency will probably reduce as I get older, have kids and run a business but I hope to still use drugs for many years to come providing the positivesoutweigh the negatives.

THe next time I take a certain drug may be the last time I take it but I don't plan on stopping any.

Ive always fantasised about transitioning into psychedelic use and exploring stuff like DMT and LSD (in an introspective context). Id still like to do that. I enjoy the way I think about certain things when stoned. The expansion of my perception after smoking has always hinted at and prodded me down a more introspective path with drugs and Id really like to go that way in the future.

For now, its still all just recreation.

I think the time to stop anything is when you stop enjoying it or it stops serving its purpose.