Votes: 12 16.0%
  • once or twice a week

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • less than once a week

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters

DOB

Bluelighter
I shower everday,twice if I go to gym or out... i reed how people shower two times a week,how healthy it is,people with partner.My armpits and balls start to smell to smell even the same day i took shower,if i shower before sleeping after i wake up i feel dirty all over my body.

what do u think about it?

flyhighk edit : anonymous poll is now open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twice per day, usually. Before work and then between gym and dinner. But I don't shower at the gym because that's just creepy.

I try to shower every day, but sometimes I don't get a chance. So almost every day. I definitely start to notice my own odor if I don't, so I try to avoid going without.

Everyday sometimes more if activities warrant it. I can't stand not showering daily, it'll drive me crazy if I don't and I'll end up thinking about it all day.

Every day for me as well I don't think I can last a day without showering I will just feel dirty :sus:

every morning, I get rid of my morning woody in the shower but we`re in a drought right now so they want me to tuck it between my legs and not shower so long. Pretty weak if you ask me.

The internal state of your body has a lot to do with how you smell, plus other factors like hair and genetics. The bacteria in your armpits consume your sweat and their excretions are what smell. The more contaminants in your body, the faster you will smell. It's kind of like if we eat garbage, our shit smells bad; well, when bacteria eat your sweat, if it's garbage then their shit will stink worse. My BO builds up a lot faster now that I eat meat regularly, compared to when I was a vegetarian. Maybe it's because meat creates more uric acid in the blood.

The other thing is that the more often you wash using soap, the more your sebum glands secrete oil to re-condition your skin and hair. A lot of people complain that their hair is way too oily so they wash daily, but really if they could suffer through an awkward break of about 1 week using only water (and maybe some vinegar to keep the scalp toned), their hair would require less washing.

Hair in general traps odor, which is why some people choose to trim / shave the problem areas. I think showering once a day is normal. In the winter time I don't really stink that much, but I just don't feel awake unless I shower when starting my day. It gets the blood flowing.

As for people who shower less regularly... most of the world does not shower daily. It's partly culture and partly economic. There are parts of the world where water is so precious that the idea of filling up a tub to bathe, or sit under water pouring over you would be absurd. Oil scraping and sand bathing are still common practices in many arid regions.

In the west, strict daily bathing came from the Romans, and then European colonialism spread the practice to their conquered lands.

Twice per day, usually. Before work and then between gym and dinner. But I don't shower at the gym because that's just creepy.

Agreed on the latter. I don't know how folks do it. I would need a pair of slippers and rubber gloves just to begin to be comfy using any gym shower. I don't want to stand up in the residue from other people's crotch sweat, ass dirt and pit funk. I pass ... clean shower at home for one please! Plus I am not keen on random flashes of bearded clams and butt cracks.

I shower three time a day, it is a bit much but I sweat like a pig when working out so. but is is a shower first thing after I get up, then after I work out( at home gym showers are indeed creepy ) then again prior to sleep. This is largely because I am on a blast and cruise schedule with AAS so it helps to keep the oily skin in check from that as well as the dirt and grime from working out. The night time shower though is largely to help relax nothing like a nice hot shower at the end of a long day.

I shower three time a day, it is a bit much but I sweat like a pig when working out so. but is is a shower first thing after I get up, then after I work out( at home gym showers are indeed creepy ) then again prior to sleep. This is largely because I am on a blast and cruise schedule with AAS so it helps to keep the oily skin in check from that as well as the dirt and grime from working out. The night time shower though is largely to help relax nothing like a nice hot shower at the end of a long day.

Same here I workout almost everyday as well and I sweat so much so not showering will be a no no :sus:

When I used soap, I stunk. Now it takes me three days to stink half as bad.

I wash with baking soda. I find soap disgusting for the most part. Slimy filmy smelly cloggy.

I showered Friday, I think... And my armpits still don't smell like much at all. But its also winter. (Edit: Did check... There is slight odor but nothing funky)

I have met girls since I switched to a no soap life. Had sex/play... No complaints... They want me back the next day, just to say I'm not just reporting this because I can't smell it... But others have confirmed I don't stink to any great degree.

I think people go over kill anymore.

Hmm. Again. When I used soap my pits would be funky in less than a day. Crazy people.

I shower once a day usually. I would like to shower less. It works out in reality I guess to about 6/week.

Last edited:
If I'm working or something then I'll shower. But if it's one of my days off, spent drinking at home or in some sort of Netflix-coma, there's a good chance I won't shower, because... why?

I am a very lucky girl. My boyfriend washes his sack and crack every time he goes to the bathroom at home or work. Awesome! :)

^ LOL that is why I use wet wipes, my fiancé turned me on to that when we started dating way back when lol. But yeah working out and not showering = STANK, and I just cant do that lol.

^ The problem for me is that I hate artificial fragrances so even though using wipes is better than the alternative, the wipes leave that scent which then mixes with their own body smell so if you go down on them it's really repulsive. 8(

I dont

-now everyone discuss how dirty I am and why not showering regularly is wrong-

Besides the feeling of being dirty, coming from a tropical country where you sweat a lot makes you wanna go and shower a lot. I used to go 3 times a day because you just feel that sweat flowing out of your body making you feel uncomfortable.

Once or twice a day.
I have to, my hair is very thin and fine and if I don't it gets very noticeably greasy in even like 10 hours