Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How often do you brush your teeth?

Doooofus

Bluelighter
I know we're all supposed to brush them twice a day as a general rule, but I find that it's not very often I hit that mark. In between drinking/bonging at night, and waking up late around lunchtime it's usually only once a day. I've also heard that brushing more than once a day is actually bad for your gums??

I love the fact that you are often the last one to smell your own bad breath... Ignorance is bliss :D

Are you asking how often do you get asked for sex?

There is no such thing as too much or too hard. There exists a Biologic width, which will always save your gums. Many good dentists will tell you otherwise but they are ignoring the obvious. Gum loss will always need bone loss first.

You could do nicely with plenty of flossing and a towel wrapped around a finger. Toothpaste breath will get you laid faster however.

My dumb sister keeps forgetting to buy toothpaste* so I have started keeping some at work, and it's much fun to walk around at random times of the day brushing my teeth and attracting odd stares. :D

So the answer is, usually after brekky and lunch and maybe again if my mouth is feeling skanky...

*yes, I am aware of how pathetic it is for a 30yr old man to blame his sister for not buying him toothpaste. Go away and leave me alone. :p

the day they stop making toothpaste taste like shitty 2c breath mints is the day i brush the reccomended 2-3 times a day...
for now it's once usually - twice if i'm feeling dirty.

-=DLouD247=D-

brush & floss twice a day. Flossing sucks though, because i have too many bottom teeth and they are wedged in, and I use heaps of floss because it always snaps. I give it the old college try, though.

I'm always preaching on about the importance of oral hygiene, especially for drug users.

I'm particularly preaching to those meth-bunnies and raver-babies who are up all night and day, talking, gurning, drinking soft drink and eating sweets and not brushing their teeth.

Sure the teeth grinding can cause teeth to break but there's not a whole lot you can do to prevent that besides taking magnesium supplements.

Brushing and flossing on the other hand should be compulsory after a big night/day out. The amount of crap that will build up on your teeth after being awake for a day or more is enormous, throw into the equation all the gum chewing and chupa-chup sucking and there's a whole lot of sugary crap sitting on your teeth eating away at the enamel, stirring up plaque and ... other bad shit.

If you're going to destroy your brain by the time you're thirty, at least make sure you have good teeth left, at least you can still enjoy good food when you start eating again!!!

:)

i brush my teeth minimum twice a day in the morning after brekky and at night before i go to bed. but if im going out mid-evening or something usually brush them before i go out, or if they are feeling gross in general. so for me its 2-3 times a day.
i could never ever go to bed without brushing my teeth.

Whenever I get the opportunity.
That'd be once, after breakfast,
as soon as I get home from uni (or after lunch if I have the day off)
After dinner.
Before bed.

I also clean my tongue and do my best to floss (i cant stand it) often.
mouthwash too
my teeth=vital.

hard to be a carnivore with no teeth.

After breakfast and before bed and i floss after i eat. Look after your teeth!! <--- best life advice anyone could give you. Believe me...

Not as often as I should :eek:

Well put it this way... I always brush in the mornings. Without fail. It's part of my shower routine. However since I don't have a particular "go to bed" routine (I often just fall into bed, clothed in whatever I'd hung out in that night), I sometimes skip the evening brush.

I'd say I brush in the evenings maybe 3-4 times a week. 5 tops. And rarely, if ever, on weekend nights. Which is really shocking, and I'm surprised I still have such nice teeth.

Try to twice a day. But if I'm lazing around the house, sometimes I forget in the morning. The morning brush is part of my getting ready to leave the house routine.

My teeth are fucked pretty badly though from spending entire weekends out between 18-20 and drinking and not always brushing. Big mistake, there's nothing worse than teeth pain. Can't stand it!

I had to get one of the electric toothbrushes... my dentist was telling me that I was brushing too vigorously with the old-style one and my gums were receeding.

Even which, if the second poster is to be believed, this is of no real consequence because of bone or whatever I did find that my teeth were getting super sensitive.

It was getting painful having any drink too hot (like coffee) or food too cold (like icecream).

So I use that about twice a day. I also use a tongue scraper (which does a hell of a lot). In the mornings I also floss and gargle with Listerine to get me ready to face the music.

Although I am really proud of my teeth (23 years without a cavity and dentist compliments every time I go in for a yearly checkup) I am terrified of the entire bad breath thing.
The amount of people who have bad breath and don't have any idea seems to be enormous.

I don't want to be one of those people. :D

Yo,
howisit that the bank can send my new ATM card to the wrong address,
yet,
no matter where I move,
I STILL get a note from the dentist I went to in, like, '98
tellin' me
"it's been six months since yo' last check-up...".

Dentists are crazy-skilled at mad trackin'.

to be honest, not enough. Probably more once a day (at night) than twice, which is usually because I forget and/or am rushing out the door in the morning. But if I've had a milo (n I'm one of those more-Milo-than-milk people haha. well to exaggerate. sorta.) if gota brush my teeth straight after all that milo is in them....doesn't feel good or clean.
I've always thought my teeth should be whiter than what they are- I don't drink coffee or wine, or smoke...well here's my answer maybe- not enough brushing??
Also I more than anyone should be a pedantic brusher since I've learnt all about the microorganisms that inhabit the mouth and are on your teeth.
Learning about all the microorganisms everywhere, on everything...makes you a bit paranoid.
mental note: must brush teeth twice a day every day :)

once a day as a general rule. but basically whenever my teeth feel skanky. i believe this is enough for me as i'm 27 only have 2 fillings both preventative. i get a little pain when eating icecream but that's from a couple of teeth chipped in a fight years ago. so i'm not worried.

once a day
although i am not normal in the teeth sense... i have got a genetic trait that makes my teeth extreamly hard, hence i have no fillings and have never had any cavities, only thing i doo have is a chiped tooth from an accident, which constantly rejects the enamel that has been used as a cap, causing it to break off in pieces over time

i did go through a phase of not brushing at all during my life, that lasted bout half a year... had no issues at all with it

hoptis said:
Brushing and flossing on the other hand should be compulsory after a big night/day out. The amount of crap that will build up on your teeth after being awake for a day or more is enormous, throw into the equation all the gum chewing and chupa-chup sucking and there's a whole lot of sugary crap sitting on your teeth eating away at the enamel, stirring up plaque and ... other bad shit.

Just the thought of that makes me want to go clean my teeth again ;)

I'm pretty pedantic about having clean teeth. Normally I would brush/listerine at least twice a day, sometimes more if they feel festy. I've been known to go back and brush again straight away if I walk away and my teeth still feel slightly furry. I should probably floss more often but I don't seem to remember it.

Worst thing ever if waking up the morning after a big night without having cleaned your teeth first... ugghh. Definitely wouldn't recommend it after drinking wine and eating burger rings. It was exactly what I'd imagine dirty arse would taste like!