• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How often do you brush your teeth?

Whenever I have a shower, before I go out, whenever someone is coming over that might put something in my mouth :)

Also I always brush after I've gone out, and repeatedly during a binge, 'specially my gums. Go personal hygiene!

I've got a few small gaps in the rear of my mouth from orthodontic treatment awhile ago.

Dentist checkups 6 monthly.

Twice brush daily with this baby: http://www.oralb.com/SonicComplete/
Mouthwash twice a day with Listerine
Floss evening with Oral B floss.
Clean between teeth with Intradent Dental Picks in the evening.

Dentist has told me only to come back every 12 months now as my my teeth/gums are in harmony due to this routine :)

Last edited:
How much of an improvement in cleaning do electric toothbrushes actually offer?

I brush my teeth every night. Occasionally in the morning, but I usually don't think to do it in the morning. My teeth are generally quite good. Went to dentist a month ago, after not having been for 3 years and only needed my wisdom teeth to be sealed because they had a few natural grooves in them where food could get stuck and cause decay. I've been told to floss as , but have found it difficult to stick to.

katmeow said:

They are meant to be between 30%-60% more effective if used properly.

Which is not by "brushing" with the electric toothbrush as you would a handheld one, but by holding the little oscillating brush-head over the front of each tooth for a few seconds, then moving to the next... continuing till you have done both sides of both lower and upper.

Then marvel at your toothy smile!

effective?
time effective?
cost effective?
plaque removal effective?

I don't think an electric toothbrush is as good as a manual one for removing any buildup on my teeth, if it needs to be held over the front of each tooth and can only do one tooth at a time.

plaque removal effective
stain removal effective

The brush itself oscillates at some ridiculous speed... much faster than you can manually brush.

Mine has a built in timer so it lets me know after 2 minutes has been up. It is pretty time effective.

You should give it a try... they are only about $40 or so now, and that comes with two brush attachments.

Twice a day, after breakfast and before bed. Floss when I remember, which is not often enough. I have fluorosis, which is disheartening. Despite always taking really good care of my teeth I'm now doomed to developing brown spots and needing fillings. So not fair!

Yeah kids, don't swallow the toothpaste. Parents, make sure your kids spit it all out. Now for the first time in my life I put off going to the dentists because it's all so depressing. :(

Last edited:
Does anyone use one of those battery operated toothbrushes that are like electric ones in that they vibrate, but have a more or less traditional head shape? I have one and its good for getting rid of any plaque build up, but I still seem to need to brush with it as if it were a regular one.

Should I just be holding it on my teeth? Or not? Something?

once a day.... before bed usually. Sometimes when I get up as well... Depends on how much fur has built up during the night ;)

katmeow said:

A shitload, theres no comparison over a regular toothbrush IMO. Having used both extensivley and having electrics recommended by various dentists over the years.