• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much does kratom help opiate withdrawal?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
How bad is opioid withdrawal with the aid of kratom? Currently withdrawing from 80-120 mgs of IR oxycodone daily (my use has been so infrequent towards the end of my relapse marathon). I've been having to dose ALOT of kratom. I definitely feel something nasty but it's mostly mental so far, and woke up sweating today... I'm just afraid of how bad it's going to be during the peak. I'm literally only at the beginning. I hate high dose kratom though as the dizziness and nausea is persisting.

PS: I have only withdrawn once in the past two years ago (and did not use any kratom at all)... it was horrible beyond words so I'm definitely scared. I didn't realize how much opioids were clouding my judgement/mind and ability to experience emotions until I cut the habit back! Crazy what you have to give up for that buzz and how it seems worth it every time you dose. I was definitely addicted.

Last edited:
Kratom withdrawal is much less severe when compared to traditional opioids.

Its also a fair amount shorter, and feels a bit different too. Expect some depression, anxiety, body aches, restlessness and to be tired during the day. The worst is over in 6 days. The insomnia sucks though. Depression and boredom lingers for a bit after.

Kratom withdrawal is much less severe when compared to traditional opioids.

Its also a fair amount shorter, and feels a bit different too. Expect some depression, anxiety, body aches, restlessness and to be tired during the day. The worst is over in 6 days. The insomnia sucks though. Depression and boredom lingers for a bit after.

Oh wait sorry let me reword my thread topic--I'm talking about how devastating opioid withdrawal is WITH kratom (as opposed to withdrawing from opioids purely sober without any kratom). Hope that helps me. I've gone through opioid wd once without any kratom at all and it scarred me. I can't get sick like that ever again.

Wow i entirely misread your original post my apologies. How i saw what i thought i saw (and responded to) is unclear.

Kratom will reduce opioid withdrawal quite abit. Won't get rid of it entirely but it greatly reduces the intensity. Instead of taking large doses (which can cause pretty severe nausea and paradoxical anxiety), id recommend more moderate doses. For me, about 4.5 grams every 4 hours is the most i can take without bad nausea.

Krarom TREMENDOUSLY reduces both the mental AND physical symptons of opiate WD.
Ive used Kratom many many times both for pain and withdrawal....
For both Hydrocodone...and Oxycodone withdrawal i take approx 4 grams of red Kratom powder 3 to 4 times a day. And for pain my dose is the same......with pethaps an additional dose.

Okay, so today I am absolutely freezing, edgy, and depressed. A little bit of restless legs when I sleep. The kratom helps but not as much as I'd like, provided it could be a weaker batch. I expected some of this.

I hope the withdrawal is not too long should I go back to kratom only. This is a bitch today tho. I want my body to depend on kratom for endorphins. However that works instead of the poisonous steal-your-soul pleasure pills. How fucked up is opiate withdrawal? When opiates don't feel good anymore you can't just walk away ;) It has to say no lmao. If it's this bad with kratom I don't want to think about what my condition would be without dosing kratom lol. I can tell it would be somewhat brutal. Oxy is a beautiful feeling I can't deny that, but when you can no longer feel it it's useless. At that point people more onto heroin (not trying to snort fentynal or analogues) or deal with heroin addiction which in my opinion is far more devastating for most.

Is it normal that my sense of taste is just so strong right now? Food suddenly tastes overpowering. It's kind of annoying. But maybe my sense of smell recovered lately too so that's why? Jw.

Last edited:
That's crazy. Does anyone know why opiates besides kratom deteriorate your sense of smell temporarily? I totally forgot that they do that until I started being repulsed by smells/how food tastes.

That's crazy. Does anyone know why opiates besides kratom deteriorate your sense of smell temporarily? I totally forgot that they do that until I started being repulsed by smells/how food tastes.
Im going thru wd myself n i can taste n smell everything x's 100!!! Its gross i feel pregnant..weird..

I'm surprised at how much the kratom has been helping. I still feel anxious, a little bit crazed out.. but at least with kratom I feel fine some of the time. I'm not in fetal position on the floor crippled with depression and that's a godsend :) Trying to avoid loperamide unless I need it because lope issues/dependency scare me.

I'm surprised at how much the kratom has been helping. I still feel anxious, a little bit crazed out.. but at least with kratom I feel fine some of the time. I'm not in fetal position on the floor crippled with depression and that's a godsend :) Trying to avoid loperamide unless I need it because lope issues/dependency scare me.

Good job!
I am glad you are getting by with the Kratom.
Great to hear that you are feeling a little better and are not in fetal position on the floor.

Sounds like you are doing very well!!I have never done Kratom, but sound like a good place to step first once you leave leave opiates?
What a Fuckin roller-coaster opiates and pain !! And I refer to physical and mental pain?? I have been Sober off of booze for a very long time , and that includes , Cocaine,Crack, weed,Benzos. But opiates and pain are a whole new monster.So everyday we try to lower our dose and accept that they need to be managed or "LEFT BEHIND" is a good day

Sounds like you are doing very well!!I have never done Kratom, but sound like a good place to step first once you leave leave opiates?
What a Fuckin roller-coaster opiates and pain !! And I refer to physical and mental pain?? I have been Sober off of booze for a very long time , and that includes , Cocaine,Crack, weed,Benzos. But opiates and pain are a whole new monster.So everyday we try to lower our dose and accept that they need to be managed or "LEFT BEHIND" is a good day

Hey iceman. We should all be grateful that opiate withdrawal does not cause seizures/death... but there's something special about the depression aspect that goes onnnnnn and on. Even with kratom, I feel like a grouchy robot. But at least I'm not physically feeling it... it's reduced to only the mental component and not as bad. However, opiate withdrawal proves that sometimes the worst things are in your mind. Benzo wd is far worse literally for anyone to go through, but opies are not to be underestimated. The withdrawal is bad enough to lock people into a life-long addiction imo.

Not saying I feel GOOD, but just at least I'm able to tolerate it and the last time I went through a nasty storm without kratom I could not bear any of it. I'd say it's for better and for worse to touch kratom. It's less addicting than real opiates (in my opinion), and an overdosing is never even a factor because it doesn't suppress breathing--like at all lol. I consider kratom to be a half opiate. It feels somewhat like oxy but less pleasurable by 50%.. and it's not as soul consuming. Plus... it's legal so win-win. However, I will admit that kratom withdrawal can be worse than true opies (but way shorter and less intense) because for some reason the restless leg syndrome with kratom is appalling. This is just my experience though and a shorter less intense wd is better than what oxy can do to you. Some say kratom wd is easy to get through. I'll worry about that later though when I'm through this tough part.

Kratom is fucking amazing. So... back in July I ran out of heroin. Snorting about .2 or .3 a day. Yeah yeah, lightweight.

I had taken kratom before, but it was like "meh", and this was because I didn't take enough.

So after 4 days of withdrawal (and having to go into work), I had gone into convenient care. They did nothing. Told me to go to the ER. I was completely honest with them and it resulted in shit. Anyway, I get home, and I'm like "fuck it", and I toss and wash about 5 grams. Holy shit... it was amazing. I couldn't fucking believe it. I felt better like 45 minutes later and it was amazing. It blew my mind. The stuff was simply called "red borneo" and had no brand on it- silver plastic pouch with a sticker on it. I had gotten it from a friend who had gotten it from a friend who had quit Oxys. It really helped. I also had something called green elephant, but it wasn't as good as the red borneo. Wish I could figure out which manufacturer that was.

Currently, i'm on day 7 of cold turkey. I'm doing 2 grams every 3 hours. In the beginning, I was doing a gram, or even more, once and hour. I held back the urge to really go for it and do like 40 or 50 grams in a day. I always, despite how shitty I felt, just stayed disciplined and did a gram an hour. So, today was the first day I felt like I could step it down, but I didn't, i kept to my schedule and tomorrow I go back to work. So tomorrow, I'm hoping to drop down to 10 grams total for the day, or maybe 12. I won't kick myself if I do 14. But since I have to work, I have go 4 hours in between doses. That's a good thing.

Let me tell you, and I put this in the megathread, but baclofen is fucking amazing for opiate withdrawal. Holy fucking shit, it is awesome. Only knock against it is it has a short half-life. But if you can get some, do it. Trust me. Even 10mg can spell some serious withdrawal relief for 4 hours. It's not currently a drug that's being locked down, so it may be easier to get. Anyway, there ya go.

@GetMeOutOfThisCRAP & @tarman , Thank you both for the honest info.
I am tapering my Norco right now, from 40mgs /day to 30 this week ( I know people lost more Dope on the carpet than I am doing Lol lol Haha) But with the disease of addiction I know that this can easily go badly !!
Shooting Dope at 60 for the fifst time is not a good look !! The acute phase of withdrawals as Not pleasant, do not suck as Much as the Mental, and lack of energy?? Now some of this is also "Age related" Which I really hate as well

I'm a real advocate of Kratom for opiate withdrawals. Yes it has its pros and cons,but compared to true opiates it's Godsend.

I think many hardcore addicts believe Kratom to be crap,that its just herbal and not up to the job. Probably many don't want to give it a go just in case it works,then they won't have an excuse to still use.

I'm glad you're finding it much easier now using this wonderful natural medicine. Spread the word and let's put a stop to unessacery suffering.

Peace out and shine on

Kratom is fucking amazing. So... back in July I ran out of heroin. Snorting about .2 or .3 a day. Yeah yeah, lightweight.

I had taken kratom before, but it was like "meh", and this was because I didn't take enough.

So after 4 days of withdrawal (and having to go into work), I had gone into convenient care. They did nothing. Told me to go to the ER. I was completely honest with them and it resulted in shit. Anyway, I get home, and I'm like "fuck it", and I toss and wash about 5 grams. Holy shit... it was amazing. I couldn't fucking believe it. I felt better like 45 minutes later and it was amazing. It blew my mind. The stuff was simply called "red borneo" and had no brand on it- silver plastic pouch with a sticker on it. I had gotten it from a friend who had gotten it from a friend who had quit Oxys. It really helped. I also had something called green elephant, but it wasn't as good as the red borneo. Wish I could figure out which manufacturer that was.

Currently, i'm on day 7 of cold turkey. I'm doing 2 grams every 3 hours. In the beginning, I was doing a gram, or even more, once and hour. I held back the urge to really go for it and do like 40 or 50 grams in a day. I always, despite how shitty I felt, just stayed disciplined and did a gram an hour. So, today was the first day I felt like I could step it down, but I didn't, i kept to my schedule and tomorrow I go back to work. So tomorrow, I'm hoping to drop down to 10 grams total for the day, or maybe 12. I won't kick myself if I do 14. But since I have to work, I have go 4 hours in between doses. That's a good thing.

Let me tell you, and I put this in the megathread, but baclofen is fucking amazing for opiate withdrawal. Holy fucking shit, it is awesome. Only knock against it is it has a short half-life. But if you can get some, do it. Trust me. Even 10mg can spell some serious withdrawal relief for 4 hours. It's not currently a drug that's being locked down, so it may be easier to get. Anyway, there ya go.

Many of the names of different strains are made up for marketing purposes,like elephant kratom. You basically have three vein colours,red,white and green. There's a yellow but that's not vein colour,its a fermentation process and is usually made from white vein,but people call it yellow as that's the colour of the ageing leaves.

For opiate withdrawals red vein is preferred as it's not as stimulating. My favourite is a mix of yellow,red and white horned leaf,that's the proper name for maeng da. If I want a daytime brew I add more white to the mix and more red at night. Yellow stays the same. IMO yellow brings out the best of other strains it's mixed with.

I hope this helps.

I'm a real advocate of Kratom for opiate withdrawals. Yes it has its pros and cons,but compared to true opiates it's Godsend.

I think many hardcore addicts believe Kratom to be crap,that its just herbal and not up to the job. Probably many don't want to give it a go just in case it works,then they won't have an excuse to still use.

I'm glad you're finding it much easier now using this wonderful natural medicine. Spread the word and let's put a stop to unessacery suffering.

Peace out and shine on

Definitely does ease opioid and can be used to go end here.

My qualms with kratom relate to it as a recreational drug. Ive had it hundreds of time, but could probably count on two hands the times it actually made me feel particularly good. By contrast i would need many hands to count the number of times it made me feel weird, anxious, or extremely nauseous. This makes it a poor drug in my opinion. Still i find it extremely compulsive, due to its short duration of effects. That said i have history of very heavy opioid abuse so any attempt to recreate those effects can result in the being disciplined by the plant. That said, a handful of times i have been able to get a nice high out of it.