• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How Long to Wait After Eating to Take Opiates?

I ussually take mine with food, dont really eat till i get them oxys in my belly. Ive never noticed a big enough difference to make waiting till your starving to be worth it. Unless your FULL i dont think its worth waiting.

You said you had 10/325's? Your a lucky shit, those are the best. I've found that the yellow watsons always seem to hit in about 10 mins of taking them regardless of whats in my gut. Usually 50-70mg for me, the more I dose the quicker I feel it.

Both APAP and stomac acid can be quite corrosive in the stomach if not diluted prorperly. I would at the least drink a glass of milk or a little yogurt with pills, fast absorbtion and bodily protection FTW! :D

I suddenly have a craving for milk and pills...

You're very right - alongside a nice large glass of milk is the only way I like to take pills.

You said you had 10/325's? Your a lucky shit, those are the best. I've found that the yellow watsons always seem to hit in about 10 mins of taking them regardless of whats in my gut. Usually 50-70mg for me, the more I dose the quicker I feel it.

Yeah my doc had me on 5/325 and I just called up his office and told the nurse that they weren't working very well and I had to take 2 of those for them to work the way they should so they just switched me over to the 10/325, no questions asked. The cool thing about that was I have 3 refills on the 5/325 still and when they sent in the script for the 10/325 I went and picked it up and there was 3 refills on that one too and both scripts are still active. Happy Times. =D

I'll have to give the glass of milk thing a shot next time.

Last edited:
Also, in the broader sense, doesn't it depend on the opiate? I thought that some opies worked better with a little fat in your stomach.

Eat whenever you have the oppertunity to do so , especially if it's healthy food

whats with these questions , whats next how long should i stop breathing to get higher?

want to get higher get more drugs

I've found that the yellow watsons always seem to hit in about 10 mins of taking them regardless of whats in my gut.

They aren't the watson's, there just the generic. There oblong and yellow and have a "v" one side and "36 01" on the other. Even though there the generic I haven't notice any difference between these and the watson's as I've taken both. :)

if u really want an empty stomach, then 4 hours

u just gotta look up how long it takes for the stomach to digest, ithink its 4 hours to fully digest but it starts in 30mins to an hour... just plan out how you are going to eat that day so u can go around when u want to pop ur pills

Eat whenever you have the oppertunity to do so , especially if it's healthy food

whats with these questions , whats next how long should i stop breathing to get higher?

...the real question is, how long should i have my friend choke me for while im TRIPPING SO HARD off like a trinity million thousand milligrams of DXM!!!?

complete joke, u might say, "obviously its a joke." but wowzers!, there are people out there who do that
watch this video !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKqV_ybCS-I

Yeah my doc had me on 5/325 and I just called up his office and told the nurse that they weren't working very well and I had to take 2 of those for them to work the way they should so they just switched me over to the 10/325, no questions asked. The cool thing about that was I have 3 refills on the 5/325 still and when they sent in the script for the 10/325 I went and picked it up and there was 3 refills on that one too and both scripts are still active. Happy Times. =D

I'll have to give the glass of milk thing a shot next time.

Yeah well just let me warn ya baby be as miserly as ya can with those! Once this one was swimming in Fentanyl and stupidly did it like it was neva gonna run out n of course it did an shit life just aint the same thats for damn sure :(
Hari Om
edtree

this is something i spent a lot of time on when i was addicted to oxy
mainly because you want to get high as possible off of any given dose and that becomes your number one rule when dosing as an addict

for a while i just waited until i was hungry again and my stomach had probably been empty for an hour or two and decided that was the best way to do it until i started to feel like shit during my high because i hadnt eaten in 6 to 8 hours

honestly i think you can learn to gauge when your stomach is empty enough, if it makes sense to say this, optimally you will wait 1.5-2 hours after your average meal (where you say you'd be hungry again in about 3.5 to 4 hours)

but yeah i spent a ton of time on this sort of thing because for the majority of the year i did oxy i was strictly an oral user. you learn to feel when your stomach is empty enough and when to dose potentiators like cimetidine etc

^yeah I just want them to hit me hard and fast, I'm not worried about not getting high or anything like that it's just I perfer to do them on an empty stomach if possible. Food slows down the absorption rate and I like to take my opiates orally either swallowed or chewed. I've never been a big fan of railing pills, and obviously I won't be railing the norco's I have cause of the APAP in them.

Can you quote people properly lol...I thought you were the one who wrote that in red...wtf

This depends entirely on your meat source imo.

Vegetables don't really do shit and your body will process them lightening fast. But in most meals you're always going to have a protein source and thats what usually fucks with digestion.

If you eat fish it takes your body about 2 hours to digest.
If you eat chicken/turkey is generally takes 5-6 hours to digest.
If you eat red meat, hamburger, sirloin steak, london broil, it can take your body up to *24* hours to actually digest. A lot of people don't understand that.
Although you will get 90% of the other shit out of your stomach in a few hours, you still have a smaller amount being digested much much later in the day.

The key is to know really how long it takes your body to digest certain foods. If I eat a salad, thats 90% lettuce, and 10% red meat, 90% of that meal will be gone in like an hour.
If I eat a meal that is 10% lettuce, and 90% red meat, even 6 hours later you still have A LOT of undigested meat in your stomach.

Also, fats prob take longer than ANYTHING for your body to digest. This is why you can down a gallon of beer in 1 hour (body can process carbs somewhat fast - well only really if they're simple not complex carbs) but if you try to down a gallon of milk in 1 hour its NOT HAPPENING NO MATTER WHAT. You're likely to not even get a half a gallon in your stomach.

So foods that are hi in fat, or dense meats in general will fuck up an opiate high even hours and hours later in the day. But if you stick to fish and light carbs, in as little as 1-2 hours most of it will be gone.
I generally don't eat at all, and binge one massive meal later in the day far after I take my dose. Its the most terrible thing you can do. But I seem to care more about getting high then being healthy.

hahahaha, i agree.....

also someone said 4 hours was more than enough time........i agree completely....

I wait 30 minutes after eating. Some people take opiates on an empty stomach, I dont recommend it but to each their own.

i never thought about this... in the long run does it make a real difference or is it on a person by person basis

it makes little difference for the most part....

if your stuffed full it might cause a slight decrease in BA.

and if you pop on a fully empty stomach, it can increase the nausea drastically.... especially when its combined with apap or ib.....