• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How long have you been taking pills and whats changed?

Since 99, whats changed is I dont go to clubs as much so tend to take pills by myself or with mates, when I go pilling with mates its really special for the whole lot of us, for some reason, I guess from hanging out for a long time, still alive and not lost the plot yet lol.. The difference for me was when I started MDxX I was a broken arse user, but now with decent money to waste hence more drugs, but working out the times to take them without crapping out on work, different story ..

About 6 years for me.

I'd agree that overall there are now more mdxx based pills, and more that are strong. Not sure that that is the only way to measure quality though.

Think about they double dome double score pills. I can only think of a few that would compare to those.

Pills are shit these days.
You recon more are strong fuck me and a large group of friends would disagree. Back close to 2000 when there were legal mdma labs up i the world thats when good pills were about. Hardly ever hear of mda pills.
I do have a bit of a tolerance but all my friends would agree pills are not as good now days.

Or maybe i have just lost the magic i started in 2001 and between 2001 -2003 i would had like 200 pills. Nothing beats when you first start. Like even after i had 30 pills i started double dropping so go figure.

^^^^^^^

Tadfish my point is that I beleive the *quality* of certain pills was better years ago. The double dome double scores for an example. Having said that I think that there was alot more variable & random crap back then.

My experiance is that nower days there are more pills that have an mdxx base compared to say 6 years ago. I seem to recall loads of K pills back then. BTW where the fuck did they all go??? some of those were so much fun...but I digress...

Now in terms of strength there seem to still be mdxx pills that are strong, but often not in a clean sense. Certainly if you read Pihkal by Shuglin and his discriptions of MDMA or MDA I would argue that stuff like the double dome double scores came very close where as what you get today often just makes you feel (here is a highly scientific term) spannered. To describe that I would mean still well an truely mashed & happy but not that overwhelming level of love combined with an intence experience, clarity of thought and feeling.

Now my conclusion would be either that thanks to years of use the old brain is now going "I'm not falling for that one again" OR the product that are around now are in general MDXX/combo's of poorer quality.

At the end of the day, its all rather subjective.

Last edited:
I've been at it since 1991.

The things I've noticed over these 15 years I've had pretty much confirmed by mates in other countries.

It's not the pills, or your tolerance to them, that change the way you feel about the scene today.

Things move on.

The people you were with the first time move on.
Groups of friends you go out with getter bigger and then disband into smaller groups.
Music changes.
Clubs change.
Attitudes change.
People get older, wiser and choosier.
The people you bump into change as the scene gets bigger.
You notice people out that a couple of years ago you wouldn't want to be associated with.
People enter the scene doing things you were doing a few years ago but have grown out of.

All of this adds up to one thing.

"It's not like it used to be........must be the pills"

I don't go out every weekend like I used to. Once every three months does me. I don't expect it to be like it was 15 years ago so I'm not disappointed.

....and the pills? They haven't changed that much. You bought shit then, you can still buy shit now. You got good pills then, you can get good pills now. The drug's the same. The emotions it generates are the same. It's just a pity that you don't have a time machine to go back to when it was really good and you had your really good mates with you.

If you're new to the scene and are having the time of your life. Cherish the moment. These are the days you will be thinking of for the rest of your life. And the friends you make now will be your friends for life.

^^^^^^^^^^

Bloody good point! I've said to my friends a number of times "everyone has their time in the sun"

now that i am an old fart, i can no longer 'indulge' in pills. pure crystal MDMA only.

the kind that doesn't leave behind the free radical shredded neurotransmitter afterburn detritis and a 3 day hangover.

pure crystal MDMA only!! fuck you must have some sweet ass conections or just a dreamer

me... only for 12 months!

^^

prolly only 2-3 in a night... once maybe twice every 2 months...

glory bout that is... it only takes me 1-2 to have a great night... so long as i get soemthing to keep me speedy so i can dance when one wears off

about 9 months and well, lost the magic well and truley..

so after 6 or 7 months of pills at least twice a week, and now not taking them any more, i now notice how ugly people look when they are on pills..

no wonder i hardly ever picked up when i was doing it hehe

first time was feb 05 - been on it almost every weekend since - was at 1 a night- now i'm at 2 - if i go on a binge i can be 10-15 a weekend (done that about 3/4 times

now it's time for a break...

I started with only having halves back in 2001. I did that for the next 2 years only taking them very very occasionally (always wanted more but old friends weren't into it) & when i met my current friends, we went hard for the next year. Every weekend apart from maybe 3 weekends over a year, we went out or stayed at home & had maximal binges over 3 days. Our drug binges would start on Friday night & go through to Sunday night pretty much every weekend. That's where i was at my peak of using bix, i was having 7-11 over a weekend inlcuding using k & speed pretty much everytime aswell.

Luckily we all got a bit over it together. The whole club scene has changed, i don't think you can have a real good chat with anyone anymore, & especially with guys, being that I am female, i find these days when i go out a lot of the guys a really sleazy & all over you (G prehaps? Maybe just wankers) Since when has a rave club been a pick up joint? I dont know about anyone else, but dancing & music is what we should be there for!

I take drugs maybe once or twice a month now & can take 1 or 2 & be happy with that. I haven't been munted for a very long time, my tolerance will always be very high, but i still love taking them to get me dancing. I love dancing now. Its the only reason why i go out!

Whoa that was a long story!:\

do i have a problem??

:D i started at 22 hard for about 6 months taking 4-5 a night because it was my escape, due to family problems, but decided to stop for a while to clear my head. The job that i am in doesent allow me to use any drug and if i get cought im job less, so ive stoped now and since i have stoped ive decided to make it a christmas thing only and do it once a year. every week i think about the day that i will be doing it at christmas time. Is this bad ? do i have a problem???

your thoughts will be muchly sort after
thanks

^^^^
Firstly this happens to so many people. Going hard, recognising the problems that can go hand in hand & trying to balance this with the rest of their life. Forgive my ramble as follows....

Some can do it. Some don't care. Some just grow out of it, leaving it all behind. Some say its all about the music..when its all about getting loaded. There are always two sides to the coin, so don't spend to much time thinking mega deep, that might be the worst idea, and just leave you spinning in circles with a bunch of unanswered questions.

For example many say never will I do this or that again....then only to go on and do it every weekend for say the next 5 years. That does not make it bad. It is just personal choice. If it turns out wrong and shit, well then do something about it. And don't forget to laugh, especially at yourself.

Your ability to recognise that what your doing is/might be escapism is an example of good clear, rational thinking. But hey we all need some escapism. If parting takes too much of a toll, find other ways to get your highs out of your life.

BUT Don't beat yourself over and over with guilt. There is nothing wrong IMO, with looking forward to something and enjoying some hedonism...and hey doing it less might mean that you enjoy it more, and never loose the magic. So if you decide that less is more then all good! Or if your current choice is driving you nuts, well shake it up. A Different job or work with a means to an end like travel would be a great idea.

It's a journey time we tell and its different for everyone, but it sounds like your considering what else you want out of life and working towards that. So maybe ask yourself what you want, and work at that, rather than focusing on "if you have a problem". And thus Edith my ramble. :)

Last edited: