• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How long have you been taking pills and whats changed?

Euphoria&Truth said:
Since February of this year. Probably a few every two weeks. The thing I have noticed is that nothing I have had since Feb/March (i.e. Red Russians, Orange Butterflys, Green Mitsubishis) have been as good. Though now I always get closed eye visuals after a few pills which I enjoy. :)

maybe nothing you've had since Feb/March has been any good because you have been taking a "few every two weeks"..... it does catch up with you, and it doesn't neccessarily take a whole year to do it.... just a thought.... remember it takes around 3 weeks to a month for your seratonin to replenish, if you keep hitting it with multipule pills every couple weeks.... of course pills will start to feel crappier...

anyway, it's times like these i actually like that pills are expensive in Perth... I couldn't over-do it even if i wanted to! hehe

I have been taking pills since end of '03, i think the changes i've noticed are my outlook on may things.... i find i'm more empathetic to everyone now... although some people say i'm incapable of empathy....

But I guess MDMA opened my mind to the possibility that there is something good in everything, as corny as that sounds.... if i can find something to like about someone when i'm high, then surely i can like that about them when i'm not... that's how i think now anyway.

The negative thing i've noticed since i started taking pills is the way people who "don't like drugs" (even if they've never had them... go figure) treat me.... i might have pills on long weekends or birthday celebrations.... but i get treated as if it's all i ever do and the only way i can have fun.... and i wonder if that's just a preoccupation for the person because they feel like they are missing out...

rambling....sorry.

been droppin since 1998, been my poison of choice since 2001, unlike others I reckon they've got weaker since then, and definitely not as clean (some exceptions)

I've noticed heaps more people do it not, and they do it much younger. I agree with the longer you're in the scene the better your conenctions and the easier it is to get other drugs.

Ive changed for the better though I have got bigtime short term memory problems. Big time.

have been eating pills since end of 2003, with two big binge periods eating 5-6 pills/night in there. I have only had pills four times this year and while the first three times were positive the last time was shit. I dunno i just think MD is a very dirty drug, the feeling, the after effects, esp. the people. Crusty ravers in an endless quest for that ever-diminishing 'peak'. i'm fucking over pills, if i was going to have drugs id have something cleaner, not as bad for your brain/body, cheaper, and something that actually gives you some kind of insight or SOMETHING at least. MD gives you nothing except yuck skin, hair, teeth and mood. It might feel nice at the time but IMO it isnt worth it. I now find it difficult to relate to people that eat pills all the time too. I dunno, i'm just like, ''how can you not be over it? are you that easily pleased?''

^ now THAT is what I call downregulation ;) Spoken like a true MDMA veteran; when the honeymoon ended so long ago that one can't even remember what the magic was, let alone where it went missing. It's very understandable, and I think at times any of us who have chosen to thoroughly explore MDMA over an extended period will have felt it to some degree.

In the beginning the scales are firmly weighted towards the positive, every memory associated with MDMA reinforces how enjoyable it is. But when the comedown becomes the only thing you remember, there's no compulsion to repeat the experience. MDMA is somewhat self-limiting in that respect -- perhaps there's a finite amount of enjoyment to be obtained per person. You might find that over time your perception of MDMA softens to a less negative standpoint... I don't believe at this point that people can 'burn out' their serotonin system, but after a hammering like regular 5-6 pill nights, it will definitely need a long time to recuperate. But even if you never feel like trying MDMA again due to psychological reasons (ie. your most recent negative experience blocking any desire to recapture the positive aspects of MDMA), it was fun while it lasted, right?

BigTrancer :)

coming up to 2 years for me. i dont think i have abused ecstasy. a little too frequently for a few months, but i never felt out of control or a tollerance building. i just did 2 1/2 coming off a 3 month break. i notice a bit of the 'magic' just isnt back. but i think its cos im more accustomed to the effects of mdma, know my body, and so the excitement at doing something totally unknown and scary is gone, not the magic of the drug. also, cos of my new awareness of myself, i feel more comfortable taking more than i used to, to push the high higher. mebe it is a slight tollerance too, but i think for me taking more pills and getting a different feeling is psychological

BigTrancer said:
^ now THAT is what I call downregulation ;) Spoken like a true MDMA veteran; when the honeymoon ended so long ago that one can't even remember what the magic was, let alone where it went missing. It's very understandable, and I think at times any of us who have chosen to thoroughly explore MDMA over an extended period will have felt it to some degree.
...But even if you never feel like trying MDMA again due to psychological reasons (ie. your most recent negative experience blocking any desire to recapture the positive aspects of MDMA), it was fun while it lasted, right?

BigTrancer :)

Of course, I had some wicked nights...and next days...and next nights;) and i appreciate how fun MD helped make my life for a while there but even thinking of how many biccies i used to munch makes me feel sick. I think if i have pills in the future it would be candy/hippy-flipping or not at all. But to everyone just starting out, i wouldn't be the person i am today without MDMA(hey that rhymes!):D

Originally posted by frog_e
But I guess MDMA opened my mind to the possibility that there is something good in everything, as corny as that sounds.... if i can find something to like about someone when i'm high, then surely i can like that about them when i'm not... that's how i think now anyway.

I don't think that's corny. States, feelings and insights that I've reached while under the influence of MDMA have helped me greatly in developing attitudes and techniques that have benefitted me greatly in "real" life.

Awesome nostalgic thread.

I've been bangin'' on for about 7 years now.

It's been a journey of sorts! Here's why -

1. Starting at about 15/16 I was dubbed a "druggo" for pingin' at the odd rave and night out (funnily enough a lot of these people drop now themselves) now I still only go for the once a month maybe (last week end was the first time i can remember for years that I've gone 2 consecutive days. These former nay-sayers however are the ones I hear saying "Man I'm fucked I've got to stop this shit, I was fucked all week end, etc" - Funny aye.

2. Quality has improved tenfold, Pills even close to todays average pills were few and far between!

3. People and places! Like I touched on above, pingin' has just grown so wide spread in Aus from a raver druggo thing to do to being nearly as common and socially acceptable as alcohol in every club or pub around.

4. I know I can't get off the people topic but it blows my mind - Now, I don't have to worry about finding the right friends when I want to go out and party, I mean it's only a matter of excluding the FEW people I know who aren't cool with it. All my friends are new but do, my fiance, hell I'm only waiting for my 17 year old sister to come and ask me about it.

5. Every one's a dealer! Not that I am or know any, but I don't doubt every one knows some one who knows some one now.

6. It seems not much has changed in price

7. I refuse to have chupa chups even when I'm not on!!!! I have enough cuts with out them!

8. I am keen on experimenting with the few drugs I haven't - Shrooms, GBH, Coke, Sherm, Might give Mr whippy a go some time, just to see. I don't know maybe I miss being 17 so I want to do the things I didn't do then, hence the play station. haha!

9. I think people are still as sus on u/c's as they've ever been and think they can pick them - I have friend who drops with me who is chubby has glasses and a baby face and he always gets asked if he's a narc, Why?!?! As if they would make HIM a narc, sore thumb n all!

10. It's still great! But I find because of less speed bomb (or what ever) pills, I ALWAYS benefit from a little gas if I feel like dancing, coz MDxx really plants you one!

I hope in another 7 years the feds have helped with harm minimization rather than criminal legislaton and we can see more safe happy users and less deaths and arrests!

Oh last thing, every one here is doing the right thing by staying informed, but as more people use more freely I hope they can make the effort to find out as much as possible about what they do/are about to do. I know when I started I was full of questions, but it seems it's just too easy for people now to drop no questions asked thinking they can do it so can I.

Party on Wayne!

starfunker said:
9. I think people are still as sus on u/c's as they've ever been and think they can pick them - I have friend who drops with me who is chubby has glasses and a baby face and he always gets asked if he's a narc, Why?!?! As if they would make HIM a narc, sore thumb n all!

by chance are you from perth, and was you're friend in fremantle on saturday night.. because i asked a guy of that description if he was a undercover cop..

after he told me you can get BLACK pills called 'black nights'

^^^ Nah Sydney, But it happens every where. People think they can spot 'em, it was funny reading the thread on u/c's, people say funny shit.

BigTrancer said:

In the beginning the scales are firmly weighted towards the positive, every memory associated with MDMA reinforces how enjoyable it is. But when the comedown becomes the only thing you remember, there's no compulsion to repeat the experience. MDMA is somewhat self-limiting in that respect -- perhaps there's a finite amount of enjoyment to be obtained per person. You might find that over time your perception of MDMA softens to a less negative standpoint... I don't believe at this point that people can 'burn out' their serotonin system, but after a hammering like regular 5-6 pill nights, it will definitely need a long time to recuperate. But even if you never feel like trying MDMA again due to psychological reasons (ie. your most recent negative experience blocking any desire to recapture the positive aspects of MDMA), it was fun while it lasted, right?

Funny thing now is that i do not get comedowns at all compared to before. Can sleep quite easily as well.

What I think this comes down to is now i test my pills and am more sure of what i am getting. also the act of dancing all night does not make me tired, since i am a few magnitudes fitter than 10 years ago or so.

what's happened is when I was younger I was willing to engage with questionable people to get drugs ranging from good to bad quality. Same ole lottery

now people I'm running with stable people who don't have breakdowns every 12 months essentially (disclaimer, yes I accept you can take drugs and lead a steady life but ultimately every dealer I've had always end up having a life crises, usually after a massive binge, and dropping out of the game). I have no access whatsoever to MDMA (hell getting pot is hard enough).

The state of affairs is the pills i got 5 years ago are no more different then the odd pill I might get now days. I don't get that virgin buzz you never forget from your first 3 months of pilling, but it's still a great trip whenever I get my hands on the stuff.

that's why I'll always prefer LSD because the experience is always new, fresh, and wonderful as my first pill. Getting LSD is another story altogether (bring supermarket access to drugs)

well my experiences have changed from country to country. been dropping since i was 14+ almost 15? now im 17-ish. what ive noticed is that pill quality has somewhat dropped in my areas *shall not discolse as i hate tha place im at atm* and ive had kinda like binges. i would go from dropping 5-6 pills a night to not wanting to drop at all and then starting up a few months later with 2 in a night i guess. it is in between these break periods that i might pick up a bad habit. some bad things to get too into while on this break period have been meth and K.
although in the country im at E is generally easier to get then pot the situation has been the other way for me. somehow the guys selling E always have to get caught and lookin for a new hookup is always of concern lately.
What ive noticd is that the group of people you start partying with is the group of people youre always gonna dream of going back to partying with even though the distance is so far. its always fun and great to go out on a night pilling with new people, friends made awhile ago. but its always a mad special occasion with the people that u love n kinda grew up w/

since 1985, stopped keeping count after ~1000.

in Australia, with the advent of test kits and sites such as BL / Pillreports, the quality of retail product has improved significantly.

yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as long term serotonin system downregulation with indiscriminate abuse.

there are many uses and places for MDMA superior to getting chopped off ya gills in a smoky, sweaty germ and kHandi-KhiD infested club.

twenty years down the road, 2 mg/kg has lost none of the "magic" not experienced in the last 19 years.

P.S. on the social front, having been on the board since 2000, i've noticed a certain trend to autobanning amongst the original old-school members. i guess, as the master said in Kung Fu: Grasshopper, when you can take this pebble from my hand, it is time for you to leave...

Last edited:
Less than 30 pills over the last 4 years or so.

Magic, I ain't lost no magic. But then again, MDMA was never my drug of choice.

-plaz-

Took my first pill in aug2003.After i got over the hole "this is fuckin cool thing" i got into the music and found different types, back then it was all just dance music.It opened my eyes to a hole new world it was like listening to a song that i had heard so many times before for the first time.Stilll take em for big events and maybe once a month

I love dnb=D =D

Last edited:
I started in 99. just occasional use. in 2001/2002 summer i started taking quite afew (i think mainly the reason that its cheaper to take afew pills than get pissed). I dun really like xtc that much anymore cos i have found that yes the pills are stronger than they use to be, bt they dont put u into a floaty feeling like they use to. Pills now are too often crushed and added with other chems and re-pressed. i have had 3 pills this year (green star, orange butterfly, and green mitsubishi) and id prob just rate the butterfly as quality.
I think the drug of choice in sydney niteclubs is cocaine and it seems to be getting easier to get good quality in syd in the last year/ year and a half. thats what i prefer nowadays :D

Very similar to you doofhard. I was 17 when first tried it. While being a heavy LSD user I found solitude in MDMA and over indulged....(which is a regular occorance with drugs)
The thing thats changed for the better is I payed $60 AUS in 1997.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my first pill at a massive rave in adelaide way back in 1993. The day my life changed forever! I was paying $XX (roughly double current prices) a pill back then and i have to disagree somewhat to what sum of the other punters are saying...I reckon the quality was better back then. Dont get me wrong, i've had some fucking insane pills of late (the much hyped red and green mitsis and also the green luv hearts especially), but from memory the pills back then were of a much more consistent quality (dutch barrels, cali whites etc...yum!) But then again the whole "honeymoon" experience comes into play when you first start out.

One thing thats changed though is the amount of accessible info on ecstasy that is available. Sites like bluelight, pillreports and enlighten simply didnt exist when i first started out and they are a part of my drug taking regime nowadays. I just wish more drug users would get informed and play it safe....Its much more reassuring which in turn can lead to a much more fulfilling and enjoyable experience....

EDIT: Removed price. hoptis

Last edited by a moderator:
Since 1999

Am off them now but I do have some good memories and after a year since my last I'm almost back to my old self with a change or two.

-Put on weight since stopping

but on the plus side I'm way more open abou the way I feel and take no shit from no one.

I still have the memory of that green n gold cap ingrained in my happy memories

But I don't miss it at all.