• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How long have you been taking pills and whats changed?

I like this thread a lot:)

Reading everyones different experiences, people at the start of their experience, people at the end growing out of it stage. Its one of the most interesting things about the drug i think. I find it incredible how profoundly it changes lives. some for the good, some for the bad. Its just that your first pill you never think of years down the track... how will i be at the end of this... you see no end.

Im at that stage now, 2 years ive been dropping for, a lot more in the second year than the first. Im 19 and i already need at least 3 pills to keep me going.

i was fine on 1 a night for a long time then all of a sudden i started to need more & even tho my body is feeling it more ( i am sick a lot:( ), in my mind it just doesnt feel it like it used to make me feel.

To me its such a Love / Hate relationship. I love the scence more than i love the drug i think.

I have been taking pills for around a year and half now and i must say that so much has changed in that short amount of time not only within the scene but within myself personally. I have made so many changes within my life, I discovered raves, i made new friends, lost old ones and had existing friendships strengthend.

I live in a coastal area about an hour from Brisbane and when i first started taking ecstacy people around here, including many of my friends were rather anti- drugs, it was all about drinking. Thes days however when you go out its the other way around and that includes my friends. I am finding that ecstacy is becoming more socially acceptable, the attitude towards it now is almost like going and having a drink with mates. Apart from society becoming more accepting the price has changed quite alot in that time, for the better of course and the quality is getting better.

Personally ecstacy has completley changed my life. I really took to using it and pretty hard compared to all my friends, to much usage lead to depression and 2 breakdowns within a 3 month period. Luckily i saw the light and learned, all good things in moderation. I have learnt to respect ecstacy and enjoy the ride more, rather than making a pig of myself and taking as much as i could get my hands on whenever i could. Most importantly though ecstacy has somehow taken me on a spirtual journey of self discovery. I never had any self confidence or self-respect, but now i am happy within myself, love life, accept myself for who i am and feel that i am a smarter, wiser person, oh and it helped me get confidence to make the first move on a guy something i had never done before and have now being seeing him for 3 months, so glad i discoverd pills. The only dowside i want to reach that euphoria again and after alot of trying can't seem to get there.

I agree with a majority of peoples experiences, I have been doing it for about 2 years now and don't see my self giving it up any time soon.

When I was 19 I found it and like a majority of people, myself and my mates went a bit nuts with it ..every weekend for a few months, quiet a few of my mates stopped doing it since, which has slowed my usage down.

I average once or twice a month usually at major events like raves or special guest nights at clubs , I took a break for a bit because I was getting crappy come downs, sleeplessness along with scatteredness for 3+ days after, and there are still some nights where I don't get a real intense peak like i use to but then theres other nights where i get knocked on my arss 8(

For me the positive out weighs the negatives, like how it always brings me closer to the people I am out with, and I get to enjoy the music that comes with the scene even more then I would if I was drunk or straight.

Lately I think the pills have been fairly consistent, however for awhile about 12 months ago i was finding the stuff going around was very hit and miss, which was frustrating the hell out of me.

IMO moderation =D otherwise like so many others that come and leave the scene you will just get over it.

Yea very good topic. I've been eating them since April 2004, 2-3 on average per weekend.

First 12 months was the best experience ever, nothing seemed to bother me at all and I was very laidback compared to what I was like before I started taking them. Every weekend was a full-blown MDMA experience.

From one year to 18 months I started noticing little things, like I would start forgetting things and slower in my thinking. Pills seem to be less euphoric and I get tired out much quicker when I dance.

18 months to now I started experiencing paranoia sometimes when I go out, not every time and I think it has a lot to do with the setting but my mind's certainly more susceptible to it. I experience wild mood swings, one week I've be happy as Larry and next week I will feel like killing some one. Sometimes little things would tick me off. I can still have a good night out on pills but every variable has to be perfect (ie. friends, setting, mindset and off course the strength of the pill which has to be medium to strong for me to feel anything). I now have difficulties constructing sentences when I talk or write, a three-line email will take me 5 minutes because I have to go over it again and again until it sounds right.

I really admired people who can enjoy them in moderation, I think I have a compulsive behaviour when it comes to drugs.

And yea I think pills these days are easier to come by, and are better in quality and strength overall.

Been eating pills sporadically since 02.

The only thing that has changed is me.

After a night with some healthy MD powder recently, I'll possibly never consume MDMA again.
MDMA no longer floats my boat, and it seems to be the case with most, if not all drugs*. Stimulants in particular. It was all great while it lasted :)

*alcohol isn't a drug, it's a way of life. ;)

Mostly the most significant change has been the drop in price. 50% in some cases.

I have been dropping for 5 years now.... This is what i have noticed

* Drop in prices for both pills and wizz
* More availible, no 2 dealers in melb have the same pill at the moment- it is crazy
* Quality of pills is very up and down. It is hard to make a judgement on weather its betting better or worse
* G took off as a drug and i think it is starting to die off now
* I think people are smoking speed alot more now instead of racking
* Ice is starting to pop up alot more
* coke has always been crap in quality- cant see this changing
* Kids are starting to use way to early- as young as 12 ( i think pills is the new weed in highschools )
* i have noticed alot more of my freinds ( especially girls! ) are getting depressed and are having mental issues.

My Experience

Great thread - fascinating reading.
Took my first pill on Easter Sunday 2004 (at age 43).
I've only had about 4 more pills since then - I would have taken more but, not being in the scene, I find pills difficult to obtain. I'm kinda glad that I haven't had the opportunity to overdo the pills because the result is that I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I take pills at home with my wife and I would like to try other situations, maybe even a rave. The trouble is that I'm such a "straight" - people think I'm a cop!
MDMA has turned around my life - I'm no longer suicidal, I have become accepting and grateful for my life and my self and I'm getting a sense of my place on the planet and of my life's purpose (is that too high falutin'? :eek: ).
Cheers.

I have been taking since perhaps March 05, not long compared to many in here! But my experience seems vastly different to many who have posted. Myself and a couple of friends were going to dance events for about a year or so before we tried E as we just loved the music. All the ecstasy that goes with the scene eventually got us interested in the topic, but having no experience with synthetic psychoactives I did ALOT of research into it which led me to sites like this one and erowid. We carefully tried in about March 05, with my friends having good experiences but I never had my first true experience until perhaps September 05. Since we started, we have never gone more than once every 6 - 8 weeks or so, I'd say the jaded individuals preaching moderation have led to that :). I have only had great experiences with E, and have preached moderation and harm minimization to my mates ever since. I hope to enjoy this until one day something else becomes more important, not because I feel I have to quit as it is so negatively affected my being. :)

i've been dropping for close to a year and a half now. last year was pretty much every weekend. the only thing thats changed is when i head into town for a night out, its about getting really chopped instead of having a good time/enjoying the music (which is how it should be imo)

I've been eating pills for about 7 years now.
The only thing that has change and for the better I believe, are the quality of pills.

This I directly relate to the fact that pill testing kits are available and people now will not stand paying good $$ for dodgy drugs.
This has forced dealers to only supply better drugs.

Everyone wins.

Been taking pills for about 4years now.

To start off with it was all about going to raves and clubs and getting into the music. Whats changed for me is, these days i'd rather go over to a friends place and comsume with a close group and chill out.

^^^
The above two post are very right in my beliefs.

Pills have been getting better in quality. Or maybe it's just that I have been doing my homework more.

I would much rather sit at a house party and consume than go to a club with loud music and wanker people now days.

... or maybe I'm just jaded?

Had my first pill at 18, a year later had another pill that i stupidly combined with MAOI's and had a very nasty near lethal experience :p (wish bluelight was around then-i would have known the potential consequences8o !!!!!!!!!!!!!). That little episode kept me off pills for a few years.

Started dabbling again in measured doses literally! Bout 3 years ago got a real taste for pilling and over indulged frequently. Then started to get the negative effects so i alternated indulgence with abstinence.

This has gone on for a while, last year started doing 5+ binges and felt well and truly munted / depressed afterwards. This year have only pilled twice, new years and australia day. The last time i really didn't enjoy it at all even though was at dance party with Carl Cox featuring! Just looking round at the 'candy kids' and other off tappers thinking WTF. Did not do it for me at all and felt like shit for the following few weeks, this brings me to my current 'break' which has lasted 2 months.

I'm 30 this year and i just think there are other things i'd rather be doing. Would still do E's in the right circumstance (close friends, someones house) and only occassionally!;) Grown out of the party life style. My head space has changed entirely. I still think E is a fabulous drug. Moral of the story= RESPECT THE DRUG and it'll respect you. %) //End Rant

Well im only 20 and my first drop was a couple days before N/Y 05/06 so only about 3 and a half months ago...wow seems alot longer. Since than i dropped twice up to a month ago and now iv'e dropped 2 the last 4 weeks straight and now im taking a couple months off. While my first time i was awesome my most recent drop (Saturday) when i had 2 supermans and half a red mitsibushi was by far the best experience iv'e had. Probably because it's the first time i've dropped in a proper nightclub with techno music/lasers etc. Have to say i don't see why people like glowsticks so much, looked at them waving around in my face and thought this is anything but exciting so went and danced some more! The only real thing that's changed i guess is i know what the better pills are and when/where to take them. I finally got the forumla of where/when/what/with who right and now i'm taking a couple months off, damn.

I guess the only other thing thats changed is now i know alot more people in the industry. I have no trouble getting anytype of E or drug i want at the last minute or in advance. Obviously the good thing about this is i know what i'm getting and i know what the best ones are

Last edited:
How long should i wait to never lose the magic- or is this impossible

I am 17 now and i took my first pill in halves at the [Event name removed] in feb and had an awesome time, truly one of my best memories. I then waited 1 month and this time did it again, but this time two and in what i thought was quick concession (about 1hr and 15min). This was also the most unbelievable night, the atmosphere, the love and all you and your friends having the time of your life. Recently i have been researching into it more and am concerned about doing too often. How can i make this 'honeymoon' period last the longest. Can i make sure i never lose the 'magic' or is this impossible. How long should i wait between doing it. At the moment i am aiming to have atleast a 2 month break (only done it twice).

But at the moment i am also interested in speed, should i take it instead occasionally to help me wait for my next e expierence or does this make it worse by adding another drug that i might love and want to do again. So far i have only tried marijuana and pills and both i love.

All these questions i have and it is almost a battle everyday to say to myself 'just wait' the next few years will be the best (turn 18-clubbing, etc). Can anyone help me, who has been doing e for a long time and still enjoys it to the full extent, how long apart did you wait.
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
i think once you start thinking have i lost the magic am i losing the magic you have begun on the path to losing it.

first time i dropped was when i was 17 now im 22 and alot of things have changed since then.

At the start when i would drop it was really exciting that i was gona go drop some pills, the experiances were always mind blowing, as the years went on tho it lost its magic. The first 3 years i was poping regularly, about once a month with about 1-3 pills and sometimes some speed thrown in for good measure. at the end of the 3 years the nights were still mad fun but not as good as it was when i first started. Also over those 3 years i had some bad anxiety that was creeping up on me, not sure if it was the drugs or not since most mental illnesses really surface in your early 20's but i was getting bad panic attacks.

I stopped all drugs and started taking ssri's which really cleared up my panic disorder and anxiety. now sometimes i still do pop mabey once or twice a year, but its really rare. i guess im just jaded from the whole rave/club pill poping/snorting scene and i really dont like the music at all like i would before, its way to repetitive and has no lyrics for the most part.

If i do pills id rather just do them at a party or iwth some friends, but then id rather just have some beers so i woudlnt feel like shit the next day.