• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does it take to become physically addicted to heroine.

Just remember one thing it the thing i noticed about gear heroin i can do it a few days in a row and be good the buzz not last as l;ong find it easier to stay of wds but if i drink pod tea where the buzz lasts 10 to 12 hours just 2 days in a row and i get some sort of wd.
I can say two days in a row of poppy tea for me will result in a way worse withdrawal than a year of daily kratom. Poppy tea is strong.

I can say two days in a row of poppy tea for me will result in a way worse withdrawal than a year of daily kratom. Poppy tea is strong.
It seems to stick to your bones 2 days in a row ill have some wds and pod wds are worse then heroin they just go on and on

I'd say there is no definitive time, every dose will increase dependency a bit (by downregulation of receptors and endorphin secretion). Also I'd say it depends on the circumstances you're living in - some alpha guy having lots of reward will be harder to get addicted than when you're already in a shitty lonely situation. Might be wrong on that one though.

If the Drug War scare tactics "educational" films I saw in the late 60s are any indication, then one puff of marijuana means you are already a heroin addict-- you just don't know it yet.

It seems to stick to your bones 2 days in a row ill have some wds and pod wds are worse then heroin they just go on and on

Yeah I had a bout with pods a little while back, I was doing them every 3 days, occasionally every other day. Big doses. I had this idea that I was only flirting with pod dependence and that kratom would hold me (I was already addicted to kratom when I got the pods). Wrong... it hit me hard. I got some suboxone and even 16mg barely made a difference. I toughed it out doing decreasing amounts of bupe, after a week or so, the bupe started to make me feel alright. Just now I'm off bupe after tapering for like, what, 8, 10 days? And back to kratom (right where I started :cautious:)

Moral of the story: stop while you're ahead. Opiate addiction gets more and more life-altering. I've been on and off for almost 20 years. I get slight withdrawals after one use, even 2 days of kratom in a row and I have some withdrawals.

To the OP: it sounds like you were already on pain pills, is that right? Did you get withdrawals from those if you didn't take them? Heroin isn't so different, it's also an opioid, it hits the same receptors. So you're generally dependent on opiates. The pills and heroin substitute for each other. Heroin is just stronger, but otherwise is not like it's a completely different sort of drug. However, with heroin it will be easy to get your tolerance really high, and then the pills won't make you feel well anymore unless you take a massive dose.

The time that it takes to get addicted to opiates varies on whether you've been addicted before. If you are in fact already addicted to the pills, you won't become addicted to heroin instead, exactly. But like I said, you'll jack your tolerance up quickly with heroin.

If the Drug War scare tactics "educational" films I saw in the late 60s are any indication, then one puff of marijuana means you are already a heroin addict-- you just don't know it yet.

Hey, they're both called "dope", obviously that's why!