• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How is Levo-amphetamine so powerful and nasty?

Tramadol is a serotonin releaser, I call it MDMA-lite: a watered down, much less tasty and much less enjoyable version. ;)

Conventional serotonin-based antidepressants inhibit the reuptake of serotonin, which take a while to take full effect. Tramadol will give you immediate antidepressant effects, but also give immediate SNRI withdrawal symptoms the next day. Tramadol cannot be good to take on a long term basis, imo. Even when I was using it twice a week, it was still significantly fucking up my mood on the off days, and these were at only 75-100mg dosages dosed once a day.

Tramadol is quite a "dirty" drug in terms of how many different receptors it works on, as much as I love it I must admit that . Like I mentioned before, it acts of various receptors. For example, it is a muscarinic aCHhR and nicotinic aCHhR antagonist (correction to above), making it worse for focus at higher dosages, most say this becomes significant at doses of >200mg. I preferred it at 50mg at a time during last semester's finals week.

Pharma-sutra, I agree. L-amp is useful as a utilitarian stimulant, especially in those with inattentive ADD, who have lower baseline dosages of NE than those with hyperactive ADHD, and need a PNS stimulant like L-amp, ephedrine, or caffeine to raise that NE level.

Last edited:
Withdrawal from tramadol is hell, I've done it twice Wont be doing it again. The opioid side of it wasn't too bad, some sweats, achey legs etc. But the mood swings and brain zaps are horrific. I still do enjoy 300mg now and then though.

Dexedrine all the way! Best pharmaceutical stimulant. Beats out even Desoxyn.

sorry, but no. desoxyn beats all stimulants ever. period. 6 Desxoyns down the hatch and i go blind and start ringing in the ears. Oh yeah and the rush is like an orgasm. Dexedrine is pretty good though. It just isnt Desoxyn.

I have a good memory in things I'm interested in, like drugs. ;)

Lyrica should help you more, as it causes less side effects for the same amount of pain relief if I recall correctly. Tramadol is also fantastic for ADD if the dosage is low enough, as it is a great stimulant as long as too much serotonin doesn't get released with a high dosage. Also, it is an acetylcholine agonist, which helps with focus.

Phentermine, modafinil, adrafinil, etc. are actually not bad at all for inattentive ADD'ers, since they lean towards more NE release than pure CNS stims like Dex/d-meth. I'm glad it works for you dude. And fuck, 97 on chemistry, way to go! :D

My parents were also very anti-meds and anti-pdocs, as were my teachers, but I didn't think there was anything different with the way my brain was wired until I hit college. It's amazing how intelligent a lot of ADD'ers are, I scored extremely highly on classes I was interested in during HS, and was frequently either disciplined for misbehavior or commended on amazing insights in class. When an ADD person is interested in something and is not on medication, they will hyperfocus on it since they can't control where their attention is going.

ADD is an executive functioning disorder, which leads to a lack of control on where to direct your focus and attention. It's not an "attention deficit," per se, more like a "deficit in the direction of attention."

*hands you a Pulitzer* but well said, its a common misconception that AD(H)D is a raw lack of attention in all cases.
Some hyperactive cases are just that, but for combined and inattentive cases it is just as you say it is. There are a few other mental health disorders that present similar focus directing issues but, I'd say that's for another thread.

But, I know people that write masters theses and insane chemical synthesises online who struggle at university because of this sort of attentional directing issues. Infact the OP of my second amphetamine thread was supposed to be the meat of some guy's thesis who didn't get me the $600 in time :( (don't judge that's my rent).

Tramadol is a serotonin releaser, I call it MDMA-lite: a watered down, much less tasty and much less enjoyable version. ;)

Pharma-sutra, I agree. L-amp is useful as a utilitarian stimulant, especially in those with inattentive ADD, who have lower baseline dosages of NE than those with hyperactive ADHD, and need a PNS stimulant like L-amp, ephedrine, or caffeine to raise that NE level.

I gotta try and get myself some tramadol! I had a bunch a while back when I had my wisdom teeth removed, but I didn't use them all and gave the rest away. However the ones I got had a large amount of acetaminophen in them, I don't think it would be wise to binge on that.

Also, I find ephedrine to be a pretty crappy stimulant with a dreadful crash. I'd choose caff pills over ephedrine anyday.

if you're going to use either eph or caff then u may as well ECA stack, its much stronger and lasts ages...... BUT, it's still only an epinephrine feel so there's no buzz whatsoever and loads of shaky, jittery, sweaty, racing heart. Think I'd rather be tired to be honest!

and i think the tramadol you're talking about is 325mg acetaminophen and 35 mg tramadol, so pretty useless unless CWE works with tramadol im not too sure on that one.

So, I took my first bit of Adderall today. I've been taking Dexedrine for the last 6 weeks, on (15-17.5mg/day) and off (2.5-5mg/day), but mostly dosing every day for my severe inattentive ADD, and using Ephedrine for the last year at 12.5-50mg/day about 15 days a month.

I usually supplement my Dexedrine dosage with 12.5mg Ephedrine and caffeine, and this causes absolutely no problems.

My question is, how the hell is L-amp so powerful compared to Ephedrine? I only took 6mg Adderall (cut a 30mg IR into 4 unequal pieces and used a scale) with a 10mg Dex Spansule. This equates to only 1.25mg L-amp, but I feel so nasty. I got noticeable jaw clenching and leg cramps in the shower 20 minutes after, and food tasted nasty and I felt full so quickly. This never happens on Ephedrine or caffeine. Is ephedrine more CNS active than L-amp?

What makes Ephedrine so much weaker than L-amp? I feel as if 1.25mg L-amp is equivalent to 20-25mg Ephedrine. How do people abuse Adderall without getting heart attacks? They should really remove the L-amp in the Adderall formation and replace it with Ephedrine, at a 10:1, Ephedrine:L-amp replacement ratio.

They can call it Dexephedrine! (name credits: Tricomb)

TBH I have not tried Adderall yet. I have only experienced regular Amphetamine and Dexedrine on their own. In my experience regular Amphetamine is great but very difficult to regulate you find yourself taking more and more of it. Dexedrine on its own is unusual it kind of gives you a nice pleasant day and you can sleep but you know that there is something missing from it and know it just needs that little bit of a kick of the regular Amphetamine. I?m trying Adderall in a few weeks to gain an edge at the gym I?m also getting some Ephadrine. I would imagine that Adderall is a perfect mix.