• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How easy is it to tell the difference between DOx and LSD? (Or read as a trip report)

The Winner!!

Bluelighter
First of all, please don't get really annoyed by this please, it's important to me.

=/ I'm a very paranoid person by nature, but I really don't want to take any DOx now, or most likely ever. I just want LSD!! So, how easy is it to tell the difference? I'm pretty sure its unlikely to get high on DOx if you only take like 1 hit, bbut my 2 times of LSD I took 3 hits, which could easily be a DOx dose, am I right?

So, anything to tell them apart very easily? I know i've heard the taste of DOx is bitter or metallic and lasts really long, but on erowid it says some DOx at a minimum only last like 8 or maybe 12 hours?? First time with 3 hits of LSD I tripped for like visuals hard for like 8 hours then it started dying down untill about hour 12. Then second time I was tripping for 16~ hours?!?! Same blotter, same ammount of hits, but second time I started smoking weed at around hour 10. So could that have made me trip for longer than 12 hours?

As for visuals, lots of colors, some colors flashing and color mistakes (im colorblind with green and red so that stuff trips me out hard when im tripping). And I had this AMAING body high, like I was laying down upsidedown waiting for it to kick in, I was getting some visuals staring at the blue sky, but then when I stood up to go for a walk I got this amazing fucking body high and I started tripping harder, lots of fractal patterning, Like jagged angles of fractals, reminded me of tree fractals.

VERY mind expanding, I was rambling half the time or not talking because I was in awe. My friend only took 1 tab and he didn't really trip out untill he smoked half a joint, but this was his first time doing 'acid'. Around hour 9 he said "yeeep, no traces of lsd for me anymore." He said he wasn't really getting straight up visuals, but areas he would stare at would just generally look weird and he would rarely see complete delusions lol. Like he would think I stuck a burning cigarette in my pocket but I just put my hand in my pocket, and he said he saw things that just werent there rarely, but not anything else really.

Yeah, this is a real problem. Ehrlich reagent, sold as "LSD identification kit" can tell between LSD and DOx or DFLY's but cannot tell between LSD and 5-MeO-AMT.
Other signs that the blotters MIGHT not be LSD:
-bitter taste, especially strong or chemical
-unusually large, thick or double-layer paper (substances other than LSD have larger doses and need more carrier material)
-onset time - DOx tend to come on slower than LSD
-body load - LSD tends to be totally clean on the body

You are right to avoid DOx in my experience. LSD is my absolute favorite psychedelic and DOx my least favorite. But some people love them and even find them similar.

I'm pretty sure that DOXs do not fluoresce under blacklight, but LSD does. Also, DOXs have a strong bitter taste, whereas LSD is tasteless - well, blotter might taste a bit bitter from the ink, or metallic, but not strongly bitter. DOXs last longer than LSD for sure. DOC might be about the shortest common one, but even it lasts more like 18-24 hours.

I love DOXs, especially DOC. I've gotten more from them than LSD, although I have a hard time finding good LSD, and/or I'm highly naturally tolerant.

By body load and clean on the body, do you mean no body high? Cause I would feel very good in the body, sort of the opposite of a body load, but near the come down I got these gross feelings on the back of my neck/back of my throat or something, didn't like that, that was only when I was uncomfortable though, was being told stories about dirty acid..

The blotters, I measured them first time I got them and their 1/4 of an inch. but they are sorta thick... Are blotters supposed to be like super paper thin? I never got a taste from them though, untill later in my first trip I started worrying about fake lsd and started getting strong tastes/smells, most likely hallucinations lol.

But is there any effects to tell them apart completely? Physically or certain hallucinations? I know I know set and setting but it's probably possible.

^I think you're worrying too much, man. You're in Canada and there's a lot of LSD floating around up there right now. The chances of getting DOx sold as LSD are pretty slim, especially considering your locale.

No need to worry, friend. :) However if you're really paranoid and want to set your mind at ease, buy a testing kit -- most DOx compounds turn a dark green or yellow when reacted with the mecke reagent.

I think your worry will cause more problems than if you actually did get a DOX. I prefer DOC to LSD for the most part... I know some people have had bad experiences on them, but some people have bad experiences on LSD also, you know? If you did get DOX (which is very unlikely), you'd be fine. You'd probably enjoy it. But as Roger said, it's highly unlikely. I think a lot of people who report getting DOX sold as LSD just had a rough trip and decided it must have been DOX. But in reality, no matter how many good trips on LSD you've had, you could always have a rough one. The effects are different every time.

The main thing is to just relax and go with whatever happens. Worry causes anxiety and psychedelics increase anxiety, and anxiety is the main cause of bodyload, in my experience. I've had terrible bodyload on LSD, and a great body feeling. Likewise with most any other psychedelic. Same with DOXs. It's mostly in your state of mind.

My last hits were from a heavily inked sheet, that tasted pretty bitter. The bitterness seemed to go away after awhile. I'm pretty confident it was LSD though.

Yeah, I got this really gross feeling when I started getting anxious, like it felt as if my fear was turning into body terror, no other way to explain it than body terror, accompanied by kalaedescope visuals on my walls of green shit that resembled poison to me, then when I got outta the house and cleared my mind I was having beauty visuals and feeling good again.

I'm pretty sure I got LSD though, mainly because; Duration, no taste while it was in my mouth, a post in "Acid In Canada" someone told me my blotters are LSD, then my friends told me it was lsd, but that it was bad acid..

edit: my friends dealer got busted 5 days ago... UGH

With regards to the bitter taste, if you stick a tab in your mouth and get a bitter taste is it too late by then? Has anyone ever (well I'm sure it's happened) immediately spit out a tab because of the taste but still tripped?

i immediately spit out a bitter tab once, then a few minutes later decided what the hell, new experience, might as well take advantage of the chance :) and i ate it again lol...was definitely DOx, from the experience, id say DOC...was very smooth, long duration and come-up, smooth subtle visuals too, nothing too out of what seemed like natural beauty, though it was only one tab.

My main concern for getting a DOx instead of LSD is; that i'm sorta trying to 'chase' this beautiful phenomenon called lucy, and instead I really wouldn't want to get ripped off by a profit freak for some neuro-toxic amphetamine that will make me trip for a full day

Yeah, I got this really gross feeling when I started getting anxious, like it felt as if my fear was turning into body terror, no other way to explain it than body terror, accompanied by kalaedescope visuals on my walls of green shit that resembled poison to me, then when I got outta the house and cleared my mind I was having beauty visuals and feeling good again.

I'm pretty sure I got LSD though, mainly because; Duration, no taste while it was in my mouth, a post in "Acid In Canada" someone told me my blotters are LSD, then my friends told me it was lsd, but that it was bad acid..

Yeah, that's what I was talking about... if you're anxious on a psychedelic, your mind produces pretty nasty and frightening bodyloads. It's highly psychosomatic. This leads people to say they "got a bad batch of acid", or mushrooms, but in reality they just had a difficult experience, since each trip is different in effects. That difficult mental state caused them to feel anxiety and that anxiety caused them to feel like they had a horrible bodyload. They didn't get "bad acid"... acid is acid is acid. :)

My main concern for getting a DOx instead of LSD is; that i'm sorta trying to 'chase' this beautiful phenomenon called lucy, and instead I really wouldn't want to get ripped off by a profit freak for some neuro-toxic amphetamine that will make me trip for a full day

DOXs have never been shown to be neurotoxic. Although I wouldn't doubt they're not as harmless as LSD.

I really wouldn't want to get ripped off by a profit freak for some neuro-toxic amphetamine that will make me trip for a full day

Take enough acid & you might well trip for a good long time - as rule tho acid is much kinder than DOxx - unless, as mentioned above, you get anxiety & the related psychosomatic symptoms - which can be pretty unpleasant.

Yeah, this is a real problem. Ehrlich reagent, sold as "LSD identification kit" can tell between LSD and DOx or DFLY's but cannot tell between LSD and 5-MeO-AMT.
Other signs that the blotters MIGHT not be LSD:
-bitter taste, especially strong or chemical
-unusually large, thick or double-layer paper (substances other than LSD have larger doses and need more carrier material)
-onset time - DOx tend to come on slower than LSD
-body load - LSD tends to be totally clean on the body

You are right to avoid DOx in my experience. LSD is my absolute favorite psychedelic and DOx my least favorite. But some people love them and even find them similar.

yes lsd is tastless wile DOx s burn into ur mouth, i actullay loved DOB but that shit is too crazy for me anymore and its a very harsh chemical for ur vital organs DOx lasted 24-30 hours off one hit wile lsd from start to finnish is often 12 hours or so iv actully had more color on DOB than LSD but that could also be the quality:\

Alright thanks guys, im pretty sure I got LSD, and I'm pretty sure I could telll the difference if I got DOx, but I have no idea the differences between trips:p

Man just take a small dose. I used to love chipping at sheets of DOI. I'd eat a 1/4 hit just to hang out some nights. It's just like speed with a little body electricity wiggle; if you can dig it. Don't worry about it. A large dose of DOB might make your stomach cramp for a while and you'll be about as bad as a mild flu, but I've had mystical wonderful experiences on DOB too. Don't worry about it. DOx's also lack the happy, elvin magic feel of LSD. They feel harder edged. More chemical and "zappy" and less ocean of jello like LSD.

Peace,
PL

I'm not really into speed.. I'm more of a stoner who dabbles into harder psychedelics from time to time, but I guess aslong as theres no long term damage from using DOx it shouldn't matter if I accidently take it one time.

From what you said saying that it doesn't have that elvin magic ocean of jello LSD feel, im 100% I've gotten LSD :p

Man LSD rocks your NE, DA, and all of your 5-HT receptors. It does a lot more than speed. LSD is Godcrank. I'm a person that smokes pot everyday and I was once a person that smoked pot and did psychedelics almost everyday. I thought about that for a second. For 4 years I did psychedelics at least once a week. Some months every day and other months several times a week. I'm fucked up directly from that usage. I don't know how people don't take these things more seriously. Now my level of fucked up isn't that bad, but it did make my bipolar and depression symptoms worse. OOOOOOO I'm gonna munch you down tonight, fatbottomed tabs you make the rocking world gooo rounnnnnddddd-duh!

Peace,
PL

Seeing as we are on the topic of identification, i had a marshmellow with supposed LSD dropped onto it, it was a browny colour ontop of the marshmellow...does this seem alright?