• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How do You Handle Your Anxiety in Early Recovery

Wondering to anybody with prior experience on this. If I take a klonopin, will it make all the bad things in my head go away. This tripping feeling, all the intrusive thoughts, all this terrible crazy stuff?

It might relax you some and help with sleep its not gonna be a silver bullet but where your at i would try any benzo you can get and maybe get some relief, xanax is shorter acting but has always worked better for panick attacks and bad thoughts in my head than klonopin but you should try any benzo, you got to slow the thoughts down and relax. Also i take 5HTP its the only over the counter med that has ever worked for me try it good luck.

He did find some success taking a bit of clonazepam to ease his symptoms, per his updates yesterday in an another thread. He is trying to manage symptoms he feels are more those of psychosis than anxiety, though personally I feel I tend to think they have at least as much, if not more, to do with his benzo withdrawal.

Really shitty situation to be in - it seems as though an unknown drug given from a "friend" labeled "lean" turned out to be anything but promethazine/codeine (more likely synth cannabinoids or something dissociative), and this exacerbated the symptoms of benzo withdrawal he was experiencing tremendously.

Be careful when taking stuff you get on the black market folks!

He did find some success taking a bit of clonazepam to ease his symptoms, per his updates yesterday in an another thread. He is trying to manage symptoms he feels are more those of psychosis than anxiety, though personally I feel I tend to think they have at least as much, if not more, to do with his benzo withdrawal.

Really shitty situation to be in - it seems as though an unknown drug given from a "friend" labeled "lean" turned out to be anything but promethazine/codeine (more likely synth cannabinoids or something dissociative), and this exacerbated the symptoms of benzo withdrawal he was experiencing tremendously.

Be careful when taking stuff you get on the black market folks!

TPD just wondering why he didnt go to pregabapentin or gabapentin ive read so many threads about them being used for benzo wds successfully. And i agree with symptoms like psychosis and anxiety are from benzo wds. Only reason i would ever tell him to take a clonopin is at this point hes gotta get to a better mental place. I never had a benzo problem i know everybody is different but ops have always been my silver bullet! ive done benzos for months at a time almost daily never suffered from nothing more than less sleep. Im getting close to 60 days since wds i think and ops free and im taking more benzos than in a long time for the fucking insomnia with paws. I just hope i dont eat those words not having a benzo problem ever, im hoping for sleep to come back enough so i dont have to take anything for sleep. One good thing ive found taking a lyrica gives me better sleep than a xan now and lyrica dont scare me its gotta be better than doing just xans constantly. 5HTP mellows me nice not sure it could help him that much but why not try it.

His main issue is access. He's got a still rather significant wait until he's able to see a doctor for all this (fuck FL's medical system) and I don't believe he has had access to one in a while. He can elaborate on this himself, I really shouldn't be talking for him.

My hope is that he sees his new doctor and gets prescribed Seroquel and propranolol for his current condition. I think the Seroquel in particular will go a LONG way to reducing his symptoms and even aid a bit with the lingering benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms.

His main issue is access. He's got a still rather significant wait until he's able to see a doctor for all this (fuck FL's medical system) and I don't believe he has had access to one in a while. He can elaborate on this himself, I really shouldn't be talking for him.

My hope is that he sees his new doctor and gets prescribed Seroquel and propranolol for his current condition. I think the Seroquel in particular will go a LONG way to reducing his symptoms and even aid a bit with the lingering benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms.

I didnt see my reg doc in 15 years when i showed up asking for comfort meds for wds he had no problem with lyrica being only schedule V i did ask for seroquel he didnt give me that also i asked for zophran didnt get it i guess it was too long of a laundry list for him. Im glad tho i went i got clonidine, lyrica, methcrabanol which i only used once i didnt need it i had no leg kicks. Dont know if you can take lyrica and seroquel together if so it would be golden for him.

Really trying to stretch it to that doctors appt day. Even with klonopin I'm still in a deep hole. Feeling like I'm at the end of my road with no where to go.

I'm prescribed Ativan for panic attacks, but I use it as the last line of defense when I feel like drinking or using whatever is handy. If I've learned anything from this forum, it's that benzo withdrawals are hell and it takes a long time to get off them and honestly, it scares the shit out of me. I've been taking gabapentin for years and whenever I've stopped I've never had any WD issues, but it may be because my nightly dose, at 900mg, is relatively low. I find Vistaril a good drug for general anxiety (ineffective for panic) and it doesn't have the addiction/abuse potential of benzos.

For sleep, I take 15mg Remeron with an additional 75mg doxepin if needed. The doc started me off on 7.5mg of Remeron and it zombified me the next day like trazodone, but apparently at higher doses it improves sleep architecture rather than just knocking you out. Whenever I would take trazodone, I would have to wake up a full hour earlier than I would have under ordinary circumstances just to shake the hangover from it so I could function.

I hear gabapentin withdrawals are brutal though

It depends who you talk to but from everything ive read and my personal experiences NO WDS at all less sleep thats about it and i love when some people compare it to opioid wds lol. trust me i know the old rule everybody is different but its not compared to opioid wds.

Get to go to the doctor tomorrow. I'm trying to be as hopeful as possible about getting back to normal. Any advice? Still a bit scared about anti psychotics but at this point...whatever may help would be a godsend

As long as you're still breathing and your heart is beating there's always hope.