• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How did you learn how to inject?

A girl I went to high school with shot me up for the first time, she was all into it because she was going to be a nurse like her mother. I believe her name was Jennifer, I didn't know her all that well.
 
I’ve been meaning to make a doctors appointment for that, it’s just so hard making time to do anything for myself bc I have 2 babies. I found out when I got pregnant with my daughter. I was really shocked bc I never shared needles with anyone. I always took that so seriously. Only thing I can think of, is that somebody went into my backpack and used one of my rigs while I was passed out in the trap.

Wait, I assume by your username you live in the US?
Those pills cost $1000 EACH (yes, really) in the US. So the three-month course will cost you like $90,000.
Maybbeee it's much less if you have good insurance?
 
Wait, I assume by your username you live in the US?
Those pills cost $1000 EACH (yes, really) in the US. So the three-month course will cost you like $90,000.
Maybbeee it's much less if you have good insurance?
Wow that’s crazy expensive!!! Yes I live in California. I’m really fortunate to have full coverage health care so I won’t have to pay anything except maybe a $20 co-pay.
 
What country are you from?

I live in England, so medication has a flat-rate (currently the equivalent of ~$15USD) per prescription, so that's everything. Like, whether you get brand or generic, whether it's like 12 pills or like 100, all meds or medical supplies etc. I just realized it MIGHT not be "free" for everyone (but $15). There's a list of medications here that are considered life-saving (no idea if the hep c meds are on that list) and they are always free to everyone. I'm on one of them (insulin-dependant diabetic) and if you are on one, ALL of your meds are always free*, even unrelated to your condition, so the hep c pills were free for me.

*Then other people have their meds free for different reasons like age (under 16 or over 60), if you've served in the military, if you get certain sickness benefits etc.
 
Wow that’s crazy expensive!!! Yes I live in California. I’m really fortunate to have full coverage health care so I won’t have to pay anything except maybe a $20 co-pay.

Yeah, the med situation (especially, it seems, for vital meds) in the US is scary. My cousin is also diabetic and lives in Minnesota and her insulin (I think this is for both forms, the acute and the long-acting) is like $600+ per month. I've actually sent her MY insulin in the mail before (which I realize is a crime, but we all confess to illegal drug shit on here all the time so IDK) when her parents have struggled with money 'cause mine isn't limited, either. Like it's not x pens per y weeks/months or anything, I just call my dr and ask for more whenever.

$20 is reasonable, though! Even if that's per pill, it still beats the hell out of $1000 per pill! Glad you got good insurance! :)
 
Yeah, the med situation (especially, it seems, for vital meds) in the US is scary. My cousin is also diabetic and lives in Minnesota and her insulin (I think this is for both forms, the acute and the long-acting) is like $600+ per month. I've actually sent her MY insulin in the mail before (which I realize is a crime, but we all confess to illegal drug shit on here all the time so IDK) when her parents have struggled with money 'cause mine isn't limited, either. Like it's not x pens per y weeks/months or anything, I just call my dr and ask for more whenever.

$20 is reasonable, though! Even if that's per pill, it still beats the hell out of $1000 per pill! Glad you got good insurance! :)
The $20 copay is per prescription 💊
 
just to clarify the hep C information: modern treatment is highly effective and cures more than 95% of people, commonly with an 8–12-week course. the medication and duration depend on the individual, and follow-up blood testing confirms whether treatment worked.

most people can be treated, but cost isn't the only consideration—your clinician needs to check liver health, other conditions, and medication interactions.

please don't assume the quoted $90,000 is what you would personally pay. check the actual prescription and coverage with your provider and insurer rather than letting that figure put you off seeking care.
 
just to clarify the hep C information: modern treatment is highly effective and cures more than 95% of people, commonly with an 8–12-week course. the medication and duration depend on the individual, and follow-up blood testing confirms whether treatment worked.

most people can be treated, but cost isn't the only consideration—your clinician needs to check liver health, other conditions, and medication interactions.

please don't assume the quoted $90,000 is what you would personally pay. check the actual prescription and coverage with your provider and insurer rather than letting that figure put you off seeking care.
My insurance covers the treatment. I’ve just gotta make an appointment.
 
Frankly it helps me to have your experiences @paranoid android @Ballu
I'm not clean as long as you guys, i wanna be free

You will get their bro. I honestly never thought I would get clean.. I've experienced everything from homelessness, prison, destructing things with my family, embarrassment on the street being high out my mind while out in public, being broke.. having to go out an steal from stores everyday to support my habit, several overdoses.. and despite all of that, none of it was enough to make me want to quit.

It seemed like I kind of just accepted it as part of my lifestyle. Only time I went to rehab, or detox was to please my family.. and majority of the time I would get high the same day I got out. While in some of the rehabs, I found myself mixing with the bad crowd that was putting their money together to cop drugs while we were in there.

I say all that, to say this.. drugs tend to have a remarkable ability to take hold of a person, and destroy ones life. Now that you're clean, just remind yourself of how much it had a hold of you. Remind yourself of that just using one time, will in most cases lead to you wanting to use the next day. Being able to actually have money in my bank account is a blessing. Being able to have a couple hundred of dollars in my wallet, and not having the urge to spend it.. is a great feeling. I honestly regret having wasted so many years chasing the high. I literally wasted my 20s and my 30s getting high. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy myself while I was doing it.. but im also wise enough now to know, those days are over. Not to mention, Fentanyl has completely destroyed the game.
 
Frankly it helps me to have your experiences @paranoid android @Ballu
I'm not clean as long as you guys, i wanna be free



an excellent way to die faster yeah, really not harm reduction at all you tripping balls mate
And you can be! Trust me. I was a hot mess before I stopped using. Never thought I’d live to see a day where I didn’t crave opiates. But I saw it through to the other side, by the grace of god.
 
You will get their bro. I honestly never thought I would get clean.. I've experienced everything from homelessness, prison, destructing things with my family, embarrassment on the street being high out my mind while out in public, being broke.. having to go out an steal from stores everyday to support my habit, several overdoses.. and despite all of that, none of it was enough to make me want to quit.

It seemed like I kind of just accepted it as part of my lifestyle. Only time I went to rehab, or detox was to please my family.. and majority of the time I would get high the same day I got out. While in some of the rehabs, I found myself mixing with the bad crowd that was putting their money together to cop drugs while we were in there.

I say all that, to say this.. drugs tend to have a remarkable ability to take hold of a person, and destroy ones life. Now that you're clean, just remind yourself of how much it had a hold of you. Remind yourself of that just using one time, will in most cases lead to you wanting to use the next day. Being able to actually have money in my bank account is a blessing. Being able to have a couple hundred of dollars in my wallet, and not having the urge to spend it.. is a great feeling. I honestly regret having wasted so many years chasing the high. I literally wasted my 20s and my 30s getting high. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy myself while I was doing it.. but im also wise enough now to know, those days are over. Not to mention, Fentanyl has completely destroyed the game.
I can relate to all of this. I got forced to rehab and I indeed took drugs really quickly when out. You make me realize that I've definitely done some progress, my life was totally crumbling down in all possible ways. I was really deep into it, like you said it's nice to be able to keep money to not get in trouble and all. It's just that sometimes I feel like I wasted so much time, lost myself so much that I can't help it but feel guilt, regrets and catch myself craving those stupid moments. Sometimes I feel like it might be not worth it to be sober after all.

I am not totally clean either in the sense that I still take kratom, benzos and sleepers but for me as long I don't inject things and stay away from any dodgy powders, it's "good" already. Thank you for your message.

Thank you for your message @SoCalShordie too , sometimes I don't even know what I am craving it feels like my brain is fucking with me trying to convince me that relapsing would be the best choice, I know it's not but it's like I have been wired that way for so long that to learn to live without those drugs is like not possible.

Reading your stories is inspiring for me, I isolated myself from all of this in the most extreme way you can think off (changed continent) and it comes with the downside that the only people that would understand or might be able to help me to keep it together are on here or internet . I am trying to attend virtual NA, I am just not familiar on how it works and I feel shameful all the time and going back in the past is very painful.

Thank you again all, it helps more than you think.
 
Top