• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How did you learn how to inject?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Joined
Apr 29, 2018
Messages
11,401
Location
UK
I was just thinking about how *I* learned, 'cause it's kinda weird. At that point I didn't know, or even have contact with, any other users. Not even dealers 'cause I bought everything on the dark web.
So I literally looked it up on WikiHow*
I was wondering if anyone else had learn in any typa unconventional way [ie other than someone showing you].


*If you don't know what that is, it's like a subset of Wikipedia where you can look up how to do...pretty much anything
 
I was just thinking about how *I* learned, 'cause it's kinda weird. At that point I didn't know, or even have contact with, any other users. Not even dealers 'cause I bought everything on the dark web.
So I literally looked it up on WikiHow*
I was wondering if anyone else had learn in any typa unconventional way [ie other than someone showing you].


*If you don't know what that is, it's like a subset of Wikipedia where you can look up how to do...pretty much anything

Totally conventional here. Shown how by other users.

However, this was in the early 80s so needle exchanges were unheard of.
.
As a result, a whole group of us contracted hepatitis...
 
Totally conventional here. Shown how by other users.

However, this was in the early 80s so needle exchanges were unheard of.
.
As a result, a whole group of us contracted hepatitis...

I ended up with Hep C, once, too.
Was it as easy to cure back in the 80s as it is now?
 
Totally conventional here. Shown how by other users.

However, this was in the early 80s so needle exchanges were unheard of.
.
As a result, a whole group of us contracted hepatitis...

100% same here, learnt from other users and all of us ended up with hep C, and some with HIV, too. Only difference with FUBAR's story is that mine happened a few years later, in the last 80s. No needle exchanges, no widely avaliable methadone, Suboxone/Subutex didn't exist - the only avaliable bupe were 0,2 mg pills and 0,3 mg ampoules- and no internet to look for info in sites like this


I ended up with Hep C, once, too.
Was it as easy to cure back in the 80s as it is now?
No, not at all. In fact, there wasn't the term hepatitis C: when I was infected, doctors told me that I had a "not A not B hepatitis", go figure...
The treatment was Interferon, wich was a heavy medication with bad secondary effects. Later, they started to use the Interferon in combo with Ribavirin, people said that that combo wasn't as agressive than Interferon alone, but I can't tell as I never used those treatments.
Until 2014 or 2015 those were the meds used for hep C. Then the new treatments arrived like a miracle: Harvoni Epclusa, Maviret... those meds were an actual Godsend for us.
 
Learned from my significant other at the time. I don't believe I would of ever picked up a needle if it wasn't for being introduced by her, as I had no desire to want to try anything new.

One of those decisions I wish I was never introduced to.
 
I have a serious learning disorder. And the sight of blood could not repulse me. I learned the long way. With activists. Who got poor technique configured to correct instruments, claimed it was from Canada, from someone who understood phlebotomy or type A, B O blood and was a former veterinarian. It was a special needs disability and dystonia we connected with. But i did learn from my social worker.
 
Learned from my significant other at the time. I don't believe I would of ever picked up a needle if it wasn't for being introduced by her, as I had no desire to want to try anything new.

One of those decisions I wish I was never introduced to.
same as you man
 
Self taught. I just knew…..after getting rig ready, just slid 29 gauge needle into vein at 30 degree angle pointed towards up my forearm …I missed several attempts first time ever…..kept trying ….finally I pulled back and Woosh, red blood flashed in the rig and I gently pushed in and WoooooW

I became very good at it. Didn’t even need to tie off, just pressed arm on knee and pumped first

IV Heroin, Oxy, Dilaudid, Ketamine, and Cocaine…..an excellent ROA if safely done
 
same as you man
I still regret that decision to this day. It's wild how easily a significant other can influence ones decision making

IV Heroin, Oxy, Dilaudid, Ketamine, and Cocaine…..an excellent ROA if safely done
Also one of the most dangerous ROA available.. plenty of users who have shot up for years and believed they had everything figured out as far as safety, and still ended up ODing.

As much as I loved, and enjoyed IVing various drugs over the years, it's not something I recommend others to start doing if they haven't already.
 
I had been a nurse in the 80s and 90s. I was great at finding other people's veins. However, when I went to do it on myself, I found that the angles were all different. I finally had a connection show me how he did it on himself and went from there.
 
I still regret that decision to this day. It's wild how easily a significant other can influence ones decision making


Also one of the most dangerous ROA available.. plenty of users who have shot up for years and believed they had everything figured out as far as safety, and still ended up ODing.

As much as I loved, and enjoyed IVing various drugs over the years, it's not something I recommend others to start doing if they haven't already.
I know these posts look like gatekeeping. They're not. Had an abscess scare after a long time sure I knew what I was doing and also wish I had not ever tried the needle. Nothing can compare to its time of onset with boofing usually being the closest for substances of the boofable kind.
 
I still regret that decision to this day. It's wild how easily a significant other can influence ones decision making
I feel the same as you , poor decisions that ended up to fuck up our lives big time. Now when I think about it i feel shameful and kinda stupid to have been influenced by someone significant to do something so destructive for me at the time. I am glad I put the needle down since then but it is still bothering me on a daily basis
 
probably from watching a nurse

i started pre-teen so....
wasnt hard as i thought it would be; and with the veins i have, it became a major highway to the brain and body for many a substance for many a year.

now safe at home; for now.
the saga continues surely...?
😕
dont know whats coming from where but it sounds like a choo-choo to me. terrified tbph but ready as ill ever be i spose.
1
 
I know these posts look like gatekeeping. They're not. Had an abscess scare after a long time sure I knew what I was doing and also wish I had not ever tried the needle. Nothing can compare to its time of onset with boofing usually being the closest for substances of the boofable kind.
That needle is like the gift and the curse. The rush, the high, is simply unmatched in comparison to any other type of ROA. I thought shooting H was a good feeling, it was nothing in comparison to shooting coke.. that's what really took me overboard was IVing coke. The rush was so intense, and addictive.. but was also super dangerous, and doesn't come with the ability to snap out of an OD like you can with opiates + narcan.

I feel the same as you , poor decisions that ended up to fuck up our lives big time. Now when I think about it i feel shameful and kinda stupid to have been influenced by someone significant to do something so destructive for me at the time. I am glad I put the needle down since then but it is still bothering me on a daily basis
Tell me about it! I not only let down myself, I let down my family too. That rush from IVing just took over my urges for anything else. And despite seeing how much it was controlling, and destructing my life, none of that was enough to get me stop.. for years. I eventually did get clean, which I honestly wasn't even sure if was possible at the time.

Suboxone played a big part in me getting clean, and staying clean.. although I was IVing both opiates and coke. I'm thankfully now at that stage in my life where it's all behind me, and I don't have any cravings to use. Reading some of the threads does give me a slight urge every now and then to want to use, but I'm also at that point in my life where I know that even though I would enjoy the rush and the high that follows, I know all to well that the probability of me using just one time is slim to none, and I'm not willing to destruct my life in the same manner again.

Nowadays, I just vape marijuana and call it day. I have at least 10+ years clean, and thankfully built back my relationship with my family.
 
Not my cup of tea, I'll have you inject me with my eyes closed...

I came close in a Powell's book store bathroom, lol, didn't get much in. The other time I had the ingenious idea to IM it...was not IMable...got abscesses. In short, I do not inject myself.
 
That needle is like the gift and the curse. The rush, the high, is simply unmatched in comparison to any other type of ROA. I thought shooting H was a good feeling, it was nothing in comparison to shooting coke.. that's what really took me overboard was IVing coke. The rush was so intense, and addictive.. but was also super dangerous, and doesn't come with the ability to snap out of an OD like you can with opiates + narcan.


Tell me about it! I not only let down myself, I let down my family too. That rush from IVing just took over my urges for anything else. And despite seeing how much it was controlling, and destructing my life, none of that was enough to get me stop.. for years. I eventually did get clean, which I honestly wasn't even sure if was possible at the time.

Suboxone played a big part in me getting clean, and staying clean.. although I was IVing both opiates and coke. I'm thankfully now at that stage in my life where it's all behind me, and I don't have any cravings to use. Reading some of the threads does give me a slight urge every now and then to want to use, but I'm also at that point in my life where I know that even though I would enjoy the rush and the high that follows, I know all to well that the probability of me using just one time is slim to none, and I'm not willing to destruct my life in the same manner again.

Nowadays, I just vape marijuana and call it day. I have at least 10+ years clean, and thankfully built back my relationship with my family.

IV coke is insanity. I neer got addicted but i did use alot back in the day. I seized up once when i shot a 1/3rd of a gram. Well kinda more then once but once that someone called a ambulance on me anyway. I got coke dreams for years after stopping
 
I never allowed myself to learn to do that cause I knew I’d be dead the next week.


And every person that tried to get me to and kept wanting to put something in me. They kept promising how they was gonna teach me how to make myself do it to myself and they would all love seeing that.

I’m smarter then yall think lol
 
Top