• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How did you learn how to inject?

Frankly it helps me to have your experiences @paranoid android @Ballu
I'm not clean as long as you guys, i wanna be free



an excellent way to die faster yeah, really not harm reduction at all you tripping balls mate
Well, when you are in a hospital they administer many drugs (if not all) ROA via IV injection ….as it’s the most efficient with highest bioavailability. IV/IM/SC injections are commonly used for said reason

Yes, one would take their oral medication as prescribed lol

One could die just as easily by orally ingesting a compound of unknown potency & composition

Know your limits, and play within it. Be safe :)
 
i watched someone else do it. then i became fascinated and did all the research i could about vein location. i looked at maps of the body and diagrams. i went nuts learning everything i could because i have shit veins. they are tiny and don't cooperate, and also veer off in weird locations.
 
i have shit veins. they are tiny and don't cooperate, and also veer off in weird locations.

Oh man, can I relate to this!

I also have tiny, fragile veins which hardly 'pop up' even when I've got a torniquet on with a decent grip. I also have what I think are referred to as "rolling veins" in some spots (wrist, back of hand) which will just slide out of the way of the damn spike. In the Winter months it's a nightmare to get a good register, and I ended up looking like someone who's trying to end themselves because there's blood dripping and smearing everywhere after half a dozen failed attempts.

As for how I learned: I'd seen people do it and understood the general idea. I watched a YouTube harm reduction video about how to 'safely' inject, and that was decently useful too. But nothing can substitute for practice and learning the quirks of you own body
 
100% same here, learnt from other users and all of us ended up with hep C, and some with HIV, too. Only difference with FUBAR's story is that mine happened a few years later, in the last 80s. No needle exchanges, no widely avaliable methadone, Suboxone/Subutex didn't exist - the only avaliable bupe were 0,2 mg pills and 0,3 mg ampoules- and no internet to look for info in sites like this



No, not at all. In fact, there wasn't the term hepatitis C: when I was infected, doctors told me that I had a "not A not B hepatitis", go figure...
The treatment was Interferon, wich was a heavy medication with bad secondary effects. Later, they started to use the Interferon in combo with Ribavirin, people said that that combo wasn't as agressive than Interferon alone, but I can't tell as I never used those treatments.
Until 2014 or 2015 those were the meds used for hep C. Then the new treatments arrived like a miracle: Harvoni Epclusa, Maviret... those meds were an actual Godsend for us.

(late reply, but) ditto when I was diagnosed diabetic. "Type 3" wasn't a thing then, so they just told me "It's not type 1 or type 2".
 
Watching my 15 year old friend do it. I know how, but have always chosen not to, to the point where I have snorted a prepared liquid spoon instead of putting it into a needle. Even black tar can be effectively snorted this way, if you didn't know. But I don't suggest it unless you somehow enjoy that smell/taste in your sinus for several hours.
 
I never allowed myself to learn to do that cause I knew I’d be dead the next week.


And every person that tried to get me to and kept wanting to put something in me. They kept promising how they was gonna teach me how to make myself do it to myself and they would all love seeing that.

I’m smarter then yall think lol
How you been girl? Miss seeing ya around
 
Top