• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How did you decide on your screen name, and what does it mean if obscure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine from a Radiohead song obviously :) . Not my favorite song of theirs but i thought it made a cool name.

i chose highonlife because i was and to an extent always have been anything but

sure as a kid i had my good times

but rarely do i ever just feel good bout life n where i am at n feel good about my existence (have a real problem with excepting things and always feeling like things arent good enough even when they are good)

this was definately the case when i signed up and was addicted to opiates

honestly it kinda iiritates me when people say im high on life when talking bout thier sobriety n that was my way of poking fun at myself n where i was when i signed up

feel better bout my existence now but still always wonder why i am here, question my self worth, etc

i dunno it just seemed like a good choice at the time.

/ thought it was ironic i guess

I don't even know.... I use to be a huge pothead. I also just made a name quick because I didn't think I was going to use this site.

Mines gotta do with drugs and life. Ive got a nutural high tollerance to drugs and have survived certain combos that would send others crumbling. Im also still alive because ive done lots of dumb shit were i shoulda been dead. So yeah, i am the tank.

Jim is my real first name and Jim Steele was holden caulfields alias in catcher in the rye. Been using it since high school when my friends and. I got caught w weed at a mcdonalds (friend fainted, cops came lol)... thought i could slither out of trouble with a fake name (didn't work)... to be young and dumb again:)

Shit, I don't ever remember the old old days of bluelight. I probably first found the site in 06-07 (didn't do much besides drink smoke weed and take small time painkillers before then so I didn't need to know much until I started researching more psychadellic drugs and shit), and never really thought twice about it after that till I stumbled back into OD years later, and yes it was the place to be. I learned so much there in such a short period of time (Lol and spent every fucking night being a full blown alkie in front of my computer screen with no other human beings in sight discussing what would soon turn into a life changing opioid relapse, those were the days)

AAAnywho, mines pretty self explanatory. I'm a pretty fucking reckless individual and my usual driving style is WOT (Wide Open Throttle)

^ I actually asked him in the social about a month ago, so that's when I finally found out.

pretty straight forward with my username...

The dope scene was really amazing all summer long here in NY! But the night I started my account my girl was nodding out and just popped out of a power nod and says to me, "man this is some SUPERDOPE". LOL

I give you all one guess.....time is up!!!!!
Yup, I'll admit it, I'm a Phish phan!!!!
By the way, it dates back to like 1995, before phishing had anything to do with bad computer behavior.

Steve

It dates back to before 1994 it seems, since it says my join date here is Nov. 1994.

the servers were based overseas as to avoid authorities here. the site was mainly ravers and such when i first found it. as time went on more and more people started coming in, threads about other shit kept popping up and then they started with Other Drugs, Drug Culture, The Lounge and expanded Trip Reports past ecstasy tabs. this was like '02 or '03. i took a long break (due to heroin and not giving a fuck about much else) and when i came back bluelight was fucking huge...this was like '04.

but to answer your questions yes initially the site only catered to rave kids (candy kids) and the like

fun fact: BL was bankrolled by a famous horse gambler and odds manipulator (xtcxtc) his first name was alan dont remember his last. his whole gallery was nothing but philipino prositutes

alan woods was his name

here is a little info. from the little i have read about him, the man was a fucking genius.

http://www.bookmakers1.com/alanwoods.html

^ theres a better article about alan..let me see if i can find it

RIp alan..too bad his family didnt follow threw with his will and screwed us over here

and i remeber the .nu days..if pretty sure it was early '07 when it switched to .ru, maybe late '06 i dont really remeber when exactly though..and man those were the days 07-09 maybe 2010 when guido and tally were gods lol..RIP chris too

The man definitely enjoyed his multiple pyramids of naked azn whoars, that's for sure

mine shows my age. anyone that grew up in in the 80s/90s remembers the show IN LIVING COLOR. homey the clown was a character that beat the shit out of people with a sock full of stuff(more socks probably). his catchphrase, as he was beating one, would be, "homey dont play that!"
i have great memories of watching that show.....in a time before drugs and fuckedupedry.

mine shows my age. anyone that grew up in in the 80s/90s remembers the show IN LIVING COLOR. homey the clown was a character that beat the shit out of people with a sock full of stuff(more socks probably). his catchphrase, as he was beating one, would be, "homey dont play that!"
i have great memories of watching that show.....in a time before drugs and fuckedupedry.

Lol yeah, when I was a kid my dad used to have a tee shirt that had a picture of homey on it and said "homey don't play dat". I always thought it was funny.

And HOL I know I've told you at least once before what the WOT means. Drugs do appear to have some effect on the memory though huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.