• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How did you decide on your screen name, and what does it mean if obscure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tried to be witty, failed i guess. i didnt have time to think of a decent name as i wanted advice quite quickly and even though i had lurked from time to time, i never even thought what to call myself

Japanese clan name and Ive used it for all my game accounts since I played Kessen and Shogun Total War back in the day

Shortened from thouart_that, also known in sanskrit as Tat Tvam Asi, the idea that there is no distinction between you and the rest of the universe. It's one thing, and to use the parlance of our time, "You're IT."

Thatart_thou might be the literal translation but its really the same, of course.

mine shows my age. anyone that grew up in in the 80s/90s remembers the show IN LIVING COLOR. homey the clown was a character that beat the shit out of people with a sock full of stuff(more socks probably). his catchphrase, as he was beating one, would be, "homey dont play that!"
i have great memories of watching that show.....in a time before drugs and fuckedupedry.
man kids now a days dont even know what VCRs and cassette tapes are...
"in living color" might as well be in black and white to them lol
dude a whole week from one pill? what are you?
a) thirteen years old/superlightweight
or
b) a chem major?

Nice one! I like sweet barts myself. I mean tarts. I mean..you know what I mean.
Gwen

for the past 5-10years if it wasnt a mint, i wouldnt touch it

Sconnie is a slang term for people from my state. 420 is self explanatory ;) .

back when i was homeless and living in this slum on 24th street and van buren (really sketch area where all the hookers are) i used to smoke a lot of crack. there was this crack house literally two houses down from where i was staying at.

so one day me and my home boy joe were hanging out and we had just copped dope and crack, of course. and i just had this huge grin on my face cuz i was gettin my rock star on, and my homey was like "mike is the rock monster!!!" and we busted out laughing really hard, my stomach hurt i laughed so much :) and the name stuck.. from then on i was the rock monster.

mine comes from my initial interests in philosophy, and descarte's "I think therefore I am". It was kind of like opening pandoras box to me, a lifechanging moment.

Really?! I didn't know that.. May have to look in2 that.. Ill have to work my post count up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.