• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health How bad of an idea is it to do psychedelics with mental dissorders in family? Proof?

My mom suffers from Schizoeffective disorder.
I consume Psychedelics on a Bi-monthly basis.
I see no reason for there to be any real worry.

Unless of corse you are generally anxiously stimulated,
In which case taking anyform of psychedelic will likely exascerbate the situation.

my uncle had a psychotic break on LSD that has left him out of his mind/schizophrenic for years since. i've done LSD, shrooms, and mescaline without having any psychotic breaks. But my LSD experience was rough, and I had flashbacks and disturbed sleep for months after. Not sure if it was just a random bad trip, or a genetic sensitivity or something.

I was definitely concerned about my uncle's reaction to psychedelics when I first tried mine however. I could never recommend someone with a family history of mental illness, or have been diagnosed with any disorders, to try psychs

a little bit of drugs go a loooooong way when you havent slept. I wouldnt trip too hard on it; just get a good nights sleep and eat a big meal and try not to think about it until then. When i am not in my right mind and things go kinda sideways on me i just tell myself that no matter how serious and urgent my problems seem in that moment i am going to wait to deal with them until i get my head straight.

I have a good take on this. My fathers mother is a paranoid schizo beleive me she is off her rocker when she was off her meds.

2 and a half years ago i had a 6 month affair with mass quanities of weed, mdma, shrooms, alcohol, cocaine and the started tripping on shrooms or lsd every other weekend.

And then had a very traumatic experience with DOI. Now 2 years later I have manifested Bi polar and A schizo affective disorder havent talked to the docs about it because i have it under control

Now the twist would they have shown up without having the trip who knows prolly sooner or later. but without that trip i Dont think i would have the ability to seperate the fantasy from reality. Im at least startin to get my brain right again. One can only hope.

Take the drugs you only live once and where were goin this place aint gonna mean shit.

I have mental disorder littering my family tree and I have tripped a few hundred times.... There have been two exceptions in which I became a bit worried... ~ 1500ug of LSD had me at what I now realize was a breakthrough experience.... I was reliving all of my karma and making amends so that I could leave my body and re-enter "ONE"... I seriously thought I wasn't coming back to reality from that one.... the other was an almost breakthrough with DMT... I just felt schizophrenic.. and seriously worried that the latent schizophrenia may have came out. I still have yet to further experiment with DMT for this reason.

My father is a bit schizoid (NOT schizophrenic) and his brother is pretty loopy. We haven't seen my uncle in some time but I guess his case was indeed schizophrenia.

I have the same schizoid idiocracies my dad has, like being 'too independent' if that makes any sense. I'm a bit secluded myself but my dad is really very isolated and happy at that.

My sensitivity and intelligence have helped me cope with all the abnormalities I seem to have
and also with the strange sides to the psychedelic world.
This weekend I crossed the line with R-ketamine and honestly there were times in the past two days where I was afraid if things would ever make sense again, you have no idea how fucked up that was!!!!
Mentally I felt vulnerable and maybe I am extraordinarily susceptible to flipping out, whether it is positive and integrated like a special altered state or enlightenment or whatever the hell, or negative and pathological.

My family is full of mental disorders and I love high dose trips on lsd,mushrooms,dob,salvia.... and combinations! My mum have depresion,my uncle is cocain addict suffering with paranoia and schizophrenia,my dad have aggression problem,sister of my grandma never woked up from hypnosis and is total psycho.. but it dont stop me from eating shitload of acid like there was no tomorrow

Its generally not a good idea and isn't worth the risk since it can bring out dormant issues. My Dad's first psychotic episode was a direct result of LSD. He believed he was Jesus and beat the living hell out of some guy. His side of the family has mental disorders (schizophrenia, himanic depression, etc).