• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Horrible benzo wd at 6 months

i am 19 years old and the picture of your hands, almost 100% identical. just add a little blindness to the corners and youve got it. heres what i did, when i was 15 i was having normal anxiety, but my mom would not hesitate to give me 1mg of xanax. (being 15, you take what momma gives you right? especially if it gets you a buzz) anyway, that got out of hand and i started abusing them until i was 19, i started having these symptoms (things in vision moving, static vision, warped perception ect) DURING the time i was taking it. in fact, it started fairly early on i wasnt even on 2mgs a day yet. anyway, any benzo i take now takes every symptom away, im prescribed ativan .5, dont feel them, dont care, they just fix my vision. alcohol also helps a bit for the short term.

just a little info on my addiction, i was also abusing adderall for days at a time and using xanax to come down from it, as well as lots of lortabs. im looking for some insight, like you, because i went 4 months without a benzo and only saw improvement with anti-psychotic drugs (zyprexa, then geodon)
i wish you luck man. if you want my advice, give in and TAPER. get on something light like ativan, dont suffer, youll end up destroying your life like i have at 19 i already have no family because im not sane enough to be a decent human being. (i think)
EDIT:
at what point do you guys think one should be considered an addict? (for example, like taking X amount of milligrams per day, and being tolerant to X ammount, and im referring to XANAX) im still not sure if im in denial or not, because im not currently abusing any drugs, have no cravings, but have every sign shy of sweating that im having PAWS

Last edited: