• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Stimulants High priced meth = favor or exploitation?

Yeah I went a bit hard over Xmas between Thursday and Sunday (around 6p all up) and fucked my tolerance. So now I have to wait weeks. But my dexamphetamine script should be approved this week so problem solvered, as they say.
It was amazing when I first went on to Dex. I almost instantly lost interest in all other intoxicants - from coffee to booze to cocaine. I did end up going back to meth while on scripted dex - but only after 5 great years totally sober.

It was amazing when I first went on to Dex. I almost instantly lost interest in all other intoxicants - from coffee to booze to cocaine. I did end up going back to meth while on scripted dex - but only after 5 great years totally sober.
I haven't ever had the desire to abuse the dexamphetamine when I've had access to it. I posted in the stimulant forum regarding my diagnoses and treatment and I'd be interested in your input on my question actually.

I haven't ever had the desire to abuse the dexamphetamine when I've had access to it. I posted in the stimulant forum regarding my diagnoses and treatment and I'd be interested in your input on my question actually.

I’ll go and have a look. Dex is funny. I have abused the fuck out of speed, coke, and meth over the years but despite having an almost unlimited supply of dex I’ve never felt like lacking more than my scripted dose and have never abused it except for maybe taking 4 doses in a long working day instead of the normal three or taking two doses together in the morning a few times after rough nights within no sleep but deadlines to meet.

I ended up at a g a day on every binge longer than a week or two, even at local prices. I don;’t think I even spent as much money on coke when I was shooting that up a few decades ago. I’ve never even seen crack in Australia or heard of anyone selling it. The only time I came across it was once in London about 10 years when I asked this shifty Russian kid if he could help me score some coke. He came back with a couple of rocks for next to nothing and I was pissed off because I couldn’t shoot it - until he told me how to convert it back into something shootable. In retrospect I really wished I’d smashed the crack that night when I had the choice. But the Russian hit up some smack and passed out in the stairwell of his housing block so I wandered off after making sure he wasn’t turning blue.
I could only do a g a day if I saved up 3 months wage then bought an oz. Depends on your wage and savings but definetely not sustainable. Crack was recently available from one seller on the aussie dnm and was also selling phenacetin laced coke.

Interesting, a thread about price discussion… Hmm

I believe the legality of that is decided sub-forum by sub-forum rather than universally across BL and it is kosher here in Oz/Asia. As the longest serving Mod in this neck of the woods @andyturbo would be the one to confirm that.

I believe the legality of that is decided sub-forum by sub-forum rather than universally across BL and it is kosher here in Oz/Asia. As the longest serving Mod in this neck of the woods @andyturbo would be the one to confirm that
You’re likely correct. I’m just pushing the breaks on a few things until some mods return.

Watch all the once twacked-out Methheads in Australia all of a sudden start designing flying cars with all the new Neuron's in their Brains from Forced-Microdosing. Austrailian Goverment is all like "Great Success!" :ROFLMAO:

Are these price gouging aussie dealers doing us a favor by charging us more or is it better if meth in australia was like US prices of 500 an ounce or some crazy low prices like that allowing anyone on minimum wage here to blow through a gram per day without burning a hole through the wallet?
As someone who loves drugs, it pains me to say this; but yes, I do think high prices are doing you a favor in some ways. Especially for a drug like meth, one which doesn't have a physical habit to be maintained everyday but which does cause more extreme behavior as the dose gets bigger.

I use the drug myself, so I'm not exactly sure I'd want to switch places with you. But in my city on the West Coast of the US, the streets have gotten incredibly depressing and depraved since meth became ultra-cheap (well under AU$500 for an ounce, even if you were to buy 8 x eightballs with no discount).

What did it used to cost before it became ultra-cheap? If you dont mind me asking. I knew yours was cheaper than Australia back then , but i never knew what it cost.
15-20 years ago, during the supposed "epidemic," crystal meth usually cost in the range of US$50-100 (AU$65-130) per gram at retail -- towards the higher end of the range if buying "points" or "dubs" (0.1/0.2g); towards the lower end if buying "teeners" or "balls" (1.75/3.5g).

This was was similar to the price of black tar heroin at the time, except for the fact that heroin was denominated in fractions of the 25g "piece" or "Mexican ounce," so an eighth = 3.0g and so on. (Interestingly, the Mexican cartels have continued using 28g imperial ounces for meth since taking over the trade, though tar heroin is still packaged in 25g pieces.)

Nowadays, the price of tar heroin is a little cheaper but roughly the same, while crystal meth is like 1/5th the price it was back then.

Last edited:
As someone who loves drugs, it pains me to say this; but yes, I do think high prices are doing you a favor in some ways. Especially for a drug like meth, one which doesn't have a physical habit to be maintained everyday but which does cause more extreme behavior as the dose gets bigger.
And more extreme damage.

The difference between a posion and a cure is the dose.

You Aussie's should be thankful. Your Brains are being healed instead of damaged due to high prices / forced Microdosing.

do dodgy low life cunts cut their meth with this stuff?

I'd be gutted if i paid $200 for half a gram and the whole lot was that shite!

do dodgy low life cunts cut their meth with this stuff?

I'd be gutted if i paid $200 for half a gram and the whole lot was that shite!
At least your breath would be minty fresh 😖

Once I started my Dex script I also had no desire to smoke meth, it took a few years before I ended up smoking it again and now it's an occasional thing when I feel like some hyper focus. I did abuse the Dex from time to time but found I don't really get much more out of taking 3 or 4 times my prescribed dose other than prolonged effects.

Do you people think dealers around Australia selling meth at sky high prices of 400 - 1000 a gram are actually doing their buyers a favor (in terms of health and level of addiction) by making them unable to purchase more with their money?

I'd buy 1g for 800 and once I burned through it I'd have to save over a few weeks to get more unless I purchased individual points in between for $100 each which I regularly did instead of full grams. I found I would be saving money and using less buying it by the point simply because having more on hand would lead to higher use. So because I was unable to afford more I was forced to take regular breaks.

So what do you people reckon? Are these price gouging aussie dealers doing us a favor by charging us more or is it better if meth in australia was like US prices of 500 an ounce or some crazy low prices like that allowing anyone on minimum wage here to blow through a gram per day without burning a hole through the wallet?
The price rise was nothing more than a co-ordinised reaction to the government's huge increase in welfare payments. The controlling criminal organisations rightly presumed that the majority of meth (ice) users would reluctantly fork over their bonuses in return for the same amount as usual.
In Sydney the cost for 1/2 an 8 ball (1.75g) doubled from $350 to $700 although this fluctuated up to $1000 early on as users attempted to get on the right side of the rort.

As for it being a good thing..... C'mon and smell the roses. Even after the welfare payments returned to normal the prices were not, due to the realisation that many users were "mentally fixed in" to the high prices and profits were huge. Even when the big boys partially dropped prices some local dealers decided it was their time to make some money and didn't pass on the reduction.

What this meant was children not getting fed, crime increasing, cut product and all the other horrors that appear when users struggle with the cost of their habit. This is not a good thing it's a nightmare.

The price rise was nothing more than a co-ordinised reaction to the government's huge increase in welfare payments. The controlling criminal organisations rightly presumed that the majority of meth (ice) users would reluctantly fork over their bonuses in return for the same amount as usual.
In Sydney the cost for 1/2 an 8 ball (1.75g) doubled from $350 to $700 although this fluctuated up to $1000 early on as users attempted to get on the right side of the rort.

As for it being a good thing..... C'mon and smell the roses. Even after the welfare payments returned to normal the prices were not, due to the realisation that many users were "mentally fixed in" to the high prices and profits were huge. Even when the big boys partially dropped prices some local dealers decided it was their time to make some money and didn't pass on the reduction.

What this meant was children not getting fed, crime increasing, cut product and all the other horrors that appear when users struggle with the cost of their habit. This is not a good thing it's a nightmare.
Time to reconsider the addiction or find work to feed the habit or a new dealer.