• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin or Percs?

whatISlife

Greenlighter
I recently had a friend staying at my house because she got kicked out for "smoking weed"… Its been a week and now I have noticed her dipping out BIG TIME. I have experience dealing with a heroin user so that is what I assumed based off of what I know. However, I can't be so positive because what I found in my trash could also be her burning percs. Does anyone know how to tell the difference? Or if its even possible to tell? I found tar heroin in her bag the other night but my sister also saw a perc laying on the ground the other way too by her purse. Im thinking shes turning to dirty ass heroin because shes running low on money and cant afford her percs anymore. Somebody shed some light on this for me please.

I found like 8 pieces of foil like this balled up in the trash..
raw

Can't see the pic. Anyway, drug identification isn't allowed on here, sorry. If you think she has a problem and want to help, suggest gently that you're there for her and want to support her through it.

There's no perceivable difference. Opiate abuse is opiate abuse.

Like Wine and Whiskey are both alcohol, all depends on the user.

There are hundreds of drugs that can be smoked of foil, but 'smoking drugs off of foil' is probably where you wanna aim your questions. You're pretty much in the muck if you're foilin'.

You think oxies are cooler and cleaner than dope? You're just supporting legally organized crime. The same fascists making dope are slinging the percs my friend..

Edit: That does sound dick ^ Just making a point though, it's not personal. But i got the feeling you have more support for percs than tar, and while percs are safer in many senses, the abuse will lead to the same place usually.

Last edited:
Heroin should smell like vinigar where perc will not. Besides that no way to tell what's on the foil without testing of some sort

Edit: to crashing did you even read the post before judgeing and trying to guilt trip... Not cool

I'm pretty sure smoking pills is more harmful than tar anyway, due to all the nasty binders. But yeah tar has a very distinct vinegar smell that pills will not.

No I dont think its cleaner but the tar I found in her bag looked like some real shitty stuff, you get what I mean? Seems like she just went cheaper/shittier substance (because it was all she could afford).

I dont think either are better or worse. FDA approved doesnt make it any better by any means. Jumping to the assumption I think either is better was bold.

Last edited:
I apologize for last night, my wording can be less than eloquent when in the tail end of a stim binge. I generally live up to my name on Bluelight.

But it's cool were on the same page with the FDA, i'm just curious where you're going with the topic. Your friend is using opiates, what are you gonna do?

Thats a whole different monster a forum couldn't help us with haha. But I was just curious really... If there was really any way to tell… Obviously its one or the other.. could be both - no good either way.

It was clear enough that something was up to the point that we checked the trash once she left obviously to see exactly whats up. Now we just know shes smoking whatever shes doing. The more I know the better I can figure out how to go about approaching this situation I guess.

Last edited:
I believe your friend got kicked out of her home for more than "smoking weed" she's your problem now and you should get to the bottom of it.

Sorry if I sounded judgmental too. Do you know if she used to smoke percs or did she use some other ROA? Because if she didn't smoke them before then my guess would be tar, since most people who swallow/snort their pills stick to that as it's much safer. Smoking percs is really dangerous because they contain acetaminophen, and possibly talc which is really bad for your lungs, as well as other binders. I didn't mean to assume that you thought one was better or worse I just wanted to point out how harmful smoking pills can be for harm reduction's sake. Not that smoking black tar is healthy either, just that a lot of people don't realize how bad smoking pills can be (same goes for IVing).

You should kick her ass out ASAP.

If she's lying to you about what drugs she's using to let you stay in your house, I don't see why she'd have a problem stealing from you or lying about something else.

It honestly doesn't matter if it was heroin or oxy. She lied to you and is using drugs in your house. She has put YOU at risk.

Ahhh the good ole' I'm only smoking "blues" mom! I, I.. I swear! If you found anything with traces of a sticky, brownish black, garbage and vinegar- smelling tar or something of similar texture; Then I'd say it looks like it is BTH(Black Tar Heroin). I myself have an extensive past history with this type of heroin. It is most commonly "smoked" off a piece of tin foil; by making a square out of foil and putting a piece of heroin onto said foil. a lighter is used to ignite the bottom side of the foil as the foil is just a median to hold the heat so one can efficiently and effectively vaporize heroin. The vapors are inhaled, through a straw or rolled up bill, etc. In order to suck up the vapor that is produced as one carefully and gingerly moves around the heroin on the foil; leaving "lines" called "trails". Once the trail/heroin is done.. You will be left with a bunch of black crisp lines left in some odd manner or pattern on the discarded tin-foil. Some re-use or even save old trays... Or even folding them back up ( A long with the dope still on it ) and saving them so they are ready to be consumed sooner rather than later ime/imho. It is possible they are smoking oxycodone, HCL 30mg tablets (Roxicodone) off tin-foil but this practice is more or less dead among the youth and was popular back when the old-school oxycontin was around.

I'd put my money on Heroin... but that is just me; and many many things can be vaporized off foil. I know from experience though, that the perc excuse is normally someone newer to smoking heroin.. The first 3-4 months of dependence.

Sit her down and have a talk. If she is at the point of using off foil you may not get a straight answer. Her answer does not matter though, it is what you say that matters. Give her the "I know what you are doing, and if you continue to do it then I will have no qualms with kicking you out." Speech. Then the hard part is sticking to your decision.

I say this because her addiction can cause you quite a bit of heartache and you are not a rehab. You more than likely don't have the resources or the patience to deal with an addiction of this nature.

Sorry for being blunt, but thems the facts. You can't save them.

Has no one here ever been an addict? While I am not condoning her actions, especially lying, I do have to say, "tough love" is NOT the way you help someone with their addiction. You should confront her, and depending on what your goal is, tell her clearly what you want from her. Just try to remember, she isn't choosing to do this, not with a clear mind anyway. Even sober, her brain is still not working normally and there are other factors behind her use. Love and support are better than threats and demands. Showing her you care, even if you cannot let her stay if she's using, will go miles further than accusations and demands.

Be her friend and support her no matter what. If you love her, it should be regardless of her actions. Lying to you is not acceptible but during active addiction, it's self-preservation and fear that forces the lies. I'm sure she feels awful for lying to you, it's not something that pleases her, she is just feeling like she doesn't have a choice. I bet, if she is a decent person outside her addiction, that she would rather be honest and have your support than to be alone in this.

I really encourage you to watch this video and think about it before you confront her. If you care about her, try to see things from her perspective and realize that she is sick, not necessarily bad. She could just be a terrible person, anyone has the potential, but I suspect you wouldn't be friends with her were that the case. Anyhow, please watch this video before taking action. It is really eye-opening and makes perfect sense. Take it from an addict, if you just want her to go away, tell her. If you want your friend back, tell her. Do what you have to, but do it with love.

https://www.ted.com/talks/johann_ha...you_know_about_addiction_is_wrong?language=en

She's using dope or heroin, and smoking it off of tinfoil. I mean you posted how you found her black tar H. Some people do apparently smoke pills even though they're not designed to be used/abused this way. When she's 'dippping out' that means she's nodding.

If you do not want her smoking heroin or using drugs in your house sit down, and have a talk with her. DO NOT lend her any money, and lock up all of your valuables and keep your financial information like banking information, etc. hidden. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the replies. This friend is no longer living with me as I have a 16 year old sister who also lives with me- who I don't want anything to do with this. Money has ALREADY gone missing from our house so kicking her out became a no brainer. Another friend of ours called her out for this and now shes attacking everyone- go figure.. She wants everyone to just leave her alone and has split/avoiding everyone now.

She's pissed at everyone for saying she's doing dope and claims everyone planted the stuff in her bag… Idk how to help someone who sees nothing wrong with their actions and claims everyone else is the liar. And the fact that shes now avoiding everyone makes it harder to find her since she is HOMELESS!

Gotta help her somehow, but she doesn't wanna be helped.. What to do now...

You can't help people who don't want help themselves. It's a game that's rigged to lose and all it will cause is a ton of stress in your life. Best of luck to you OP, and I hope she figures out for herself, but that's on her.

She needs to help herself before anyone else can help her. I hate to hear it turns out this way. I hope things turn around for your friend soon

Like the others are saying, I'd definitely confront her because again, like was already said, she is lying to you about the drugs she is using. Another poster said "tough love" isn't the way to go, but as am addict myself I disagree. I was threatened to be thrown out of the house I'm living in now, forced into rehab, an intensive outpatient program several times a week, AA meetings, but the problem is I didn't and don't want to quit. As a result I still use regardless of the risks. Not because I enjoy "living dangerously", not because I want to hurt the people around me, but because that's just how addiction works. It sucks but that's the way it is. Who knows, maybe a confrontation would stop your friend, but it's more likely to just make them be more stealthy about their use.

You should absolutely confront her.
I highly doubt ANY parent kicking their kid out for smoking Weed, like wtf?

But OPIATES? Esp strong opiates like Oxy or H...
She's def smoking Tar, finding those balled up foils in the trash is def the point of her smoking smack.

Be careful of Junkys living in your house, they'll steal ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING they see to get more dope.

Trust me, I was and still am a addict.. I consider myself an addict even though I'm in treatment of a Methadone Program.