Heroin/Opioid Thread - Serious Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does a heroin overdose kill at maybee only 300mg (i have turned blue and my heart has stopped from this dose) when the ld50 of heroin is more like 1.8grams??? i know people who have died off even 100mg of dope also i dont know how relevant this is but i live in australia where we get china white so im guessing purity is alot better?

I really have no idea where to ask this, so I'll ask here. If someone could point me in the right spot to ask, I'll post there. I've been searching for 30 minutes now and really haven't found any answers.

<snip>

Again, I apologize if I'm not supposed to ask this here or on the board anymore. I just couldn't find any info by searching.

Thanks for reading.

Hey keyser, you are correct... BL doesn't all posts related to drug testing anywhere on the site.

Thanks for being polite about it. It IS appreciated.

Good luck!

Why does a heroin overdose kill at maybee only 300mg (i have turned blue and my heart has stopped from this dose) when the ld50 of heroin is more like 1.8grams??? i know people who have died off even 100mg of dope also i dont know how relevant this is but i live in australia where we get china white so im guessing purity is alot better?

You're probably shooting it, or maybe sniffing it right? The 1.8g figure may relate to oral dosage which has a significantly lower BA.

I'm on day 2 of sub 1mg-0.75/ day. Anxious and tired. Have benzos Rx for panic disorder but i am having break through anxiety. Will try to hit a meeting as they help but I keep my medical history a secret and try to focus on the spiritual aspects of recovery- living with integrity and helping others to get out of myself. Just got from Hawaii and tried decreasing my benzo dose- atleast I went from 2 mg sub to 1 mg without too much discomfort.

TAW and Last hurrah- I can totally relate to the dissociative aspect of panic attacks- sometimes it is preceded by the feeling of extreem dizziness in my case and a racing heartbeat. Subligual clonopin or xanax especially will help it resolve. Klonopin lasts longer and is kind of a maintenace med but xanax is the only drug i know that will terminate a panic attack once started- for me anyway.

Good luck and God Bless everyone- The obsession for opiates is a killer. I've learned from EADD that they are having a major draought for dope over there since november and people are righting in what there getting- bunk most often. Point is people are still obssessing, some that have not touched stuff in months.

Hey keyser, you are correct... BL doesn't all posts related to drug testing anywhere on the site.

Thanks for being polite about it. It IS appreciated.

Good luck!
Can I ask why BL doesn't allow testing discussion? It's part of the drug culture and seems weird they wouldn't allow it. Just curious.

BL has helped me a lot in the past, I just haven't visited as much as I used to. Thanks for the info and again I apologize for asking about it.

The physical / mental ties seem to take forever to overcome - I've had a bitch of a time w / my own script for my torn ACL - but I'm not letting it do my head in. And I've switched over to bupe for time being @ 2mg - unfortunately I was stupid enough to take the sub too closely to my last RX'd dose and threw myself in withdrawals. Sigh lol. It's all good though I don't WANT opiates the way I used to as long as I am sleeping . Insomnia becomes a huge trigger as opiates sooth away time spent awake and help tremendously with sleeping, until of course hooked.

Can I ask why BL doesn't allow testing discussion? It's part of the drug culture and seems weird they wouldn't allow it. Just curious.

BL has helped me a lot in the past, I just haven't visited as much as I used to. Thanks for the info and again I apologize for asking about it.

It gets pretty messy with drug testing questions and isn't really harm reduction related. Below is quoted from one of our forums

NO DRUG TESTING QUESTIONS If you know you have a drug test coming up soon, don't use. It's that simple. We do not allow threads asking how to beat a drug test. We do not allow threads asking how long a given drug stays in your system, because that information can easily be found here. If you see a drug testing question posted, please do not answer it.

Also, there is an archived sub-forum that you can browse found HERE

The physical / mental ties seem to take forever to overcome - I've had a bitch of a time w / my own script for my torn ACL - but I'm not letting it do my head in. And I've switched over to bupe for time being @ 2mg - unfortunately I was stupid enough to take the sub too closely to my last RX'd dose and threw myself in withdrawals. Sigh lol. It's all good though I don't WANT opiates the way I used to as long as I am sleeping . Insomnia becomes a huge trigger as opiates sooth away time spent awake and help tremendously with sleeping, until of course hooked.

I feel you on the insonmia trigger. I always used before I went to bed, because I have always had problems sleeping.
Poi, especially fire poi has always helped whenever i feel the urge to use. Its my creative outlet. Hopefully college will help... except it made me use more last time I started.
I wish there was an easy fix to it all, but alas you gotta pay the piper sometime..

With a good night sleep in me I am much better - I got my prescriptions refilled - my back muscle spasms (somas) my knee I'm using ultram instead of bupe (just prefer it and I don't get hooked NEAR as easy) and my xanax is filled so I will use that for anxiety attacks. For sleep I use 15mg IR Ambien. I don't want to be on the Ambien or ultram for too long, I'll always have Ambien on hand but ultram, I can use 2 weeks at around 200mg everyday - after that I risk mild withdrawals. (Bupe I find 5-7 days even at low dose gets me kinda ehhh withdrawalish).

Anyway, things are looking up for the pain management for now :).

somethings telling me to not go get my script today...

its been 7-8(?) months, of maybe 7 hours a day relief, and waking in w/d every day.

im also thinking im not calling my rheumy back either, this is just fuk'd, i don't see how she in good practice can ignore a patient with known regular adverse reactions, having such an adverse reaction to the 'high-tech bio-chem pain-blocker' she prescribes me, which is known for causing such reactions.

the only reason this isn't totally nuts, is because i go back to a proper teaching university PMC, in 18 days...
but this current doctor prescribing me the oxy was to be working with these people the past year when i first saw them...
so again, i get thrown in a loop with the thought... i guess refilling my script now, id still be in the sam situation trusting him, or finding another primary to over see the script.
which is not easy in my local area...
1 more pcp i can contact with my insurance.
uno mas = no mas...

ffs.
heheh

~The Hasher's Delirium~

Last edited:
I'm @ .5 mg sub. Trying to start tappering benzos- will tackle that after. Hopefully I can jump off in 2 weeks at 0.3 mg and taper down the benzos. My remeron Rx really knocked me out last night.

Anyway, Jay R I read your post via EADD and our stories are similar. I started with vicodin at 22 and then went to heroin my last year of college. Lost a good job over my tweak plus tar smoking habit (was dope sick on my graduation). Will post more on my story later but meetings help me.

Glad you didn't die- it would have been a waste- have a promissing life and "this to shall pass."

ii couldn't bare it and went in for my narco script; i explained my reluctancies above.

the injection site from the Humira i gave myself 4-5 weeks ago, and shit stretching from it in my thigh is still ramped with pain, feels like muscular fibrosis id guess, like the a portion in the middle of my left thigh is a stack of lunchmeat that just peels apart in layers.
the rest of my body was screaming with the regular pain until now, and that is pretty outstanding and disturbing. im still feverish(bronchitis? raging WBC's, must be near 30+ count if so)

i need a TNF-pain-blocker in me, like a month ago, but holy shit, i don't not see how i could be expected to pump that particular one in my body again. the $1300, 40ml syringe is in my fridge, and it marvels me with disturbed wonder at its power, and my rheumy expects me to "wait it out" and do it again.
remicade devastated me, now this, i just cant imagine what toll this may take now.

i needed to talk to my doc, and beg for some imaging/diagnostics on it...
but he wasn't there today!
after sitting in this tiny un ventilated room, sweating w/d-ing, sitting in vomitus pain for 50 minutes the substitute comes in, gives me my script, and tells me to call my rheumy... FFS! this is awful, disgusting, toxic pain, please?

~
the nurse got it, she got it right fucking quick.
asking me, or exclaiming more rather
"So you were a guinea pig."
precisely
~
and now id like to be for an antidote; again please.?.

the opioids are not going to treat the inflammation, nor have they or are they.

i blows my mind, i pay these medical professionals good money, unlimited money.
this is how they earn their living, this is how i live.
i accept tumors along my spine, the constant threat of colon cancer, myloma, lymphoma, as a risk to a benefit; it is worth the risk, for i am practically guaranteed to grow inoperable, untouchable tumors along my spine; tumors from cancer, and most cancers in general are far more treatable - or would take me out much sooner then a dragged out shit storm later.
ill surely be in a nursing home by 55-60 at the latest.

this should speak utter volumes, as its very likely, this past november, both TNF drugs (remicade&humira) were reevaluated,,, & proven to be 4x more carcinogenic then their preliminary release trials proved.
the remicade is black boxed now, humira is surely next, its only been in use for less then 5 years.

i say this, but im going to have to try another TNF, wtf is going to happen this time?
accept, accept, accept.
realize.

this is why the cooky crazy want, to not have to function to this societies standards, and becoming a man of the spirit, enter a sanctuary, live as light, write, exert extreme resonating energy, in the form of shuttering love and empathy.
im hardly a capable body, but later, lol.... so trying to get myself somewhere that i can be allowed to harvest my spirit, my being, and not be pumping these drugs in my body, in a stone room in a monastery on a mountain side, eating rice, and bark sounds like a fantastic fairy tale.
my vedic astro chart, seemed to suggest meant living past 60, and that this is my last life cycle,,, id really love my damn chart read, especially my Vedic.

sounds much better then a nursing home, thinking "iii should of, iiii could of, why didn't i?!?"
a vibrant absorbent mind, stuck in a bed, wrecked in some facility; instead of in nature, creating and making peace.

Last edited:
never forget that you are the problem not the drug. heroin on its own is not a problem but put it togther with ahuman then its end of.

still wet behind the ears

hey everybody im not sure if these are the same threads ive been reading for months but if this is where people are getting real about quitting opiates then im in the right place .with that being said i want to offer hope to anyone experiencing what iam and have been w opiate addiction never give up on yourself never! i have recently started a detox from home and feel i have a valuable bit of information for anyone who just cant stop but wants to .

hey everybody im not sure if these are the same threads ive been reading for months but if this is where people are getting real about quitting opiates then im in the right place .with that being said i want to offer hope to anyone experiencing what iam and have been w opiate addiction never give up on yourself never! i have recently started a detox from home and feel i have a valuable bit of information for anyone who just cant stop but wants to .

feel free to share right here, man. We don't keep secrets (unless its sourcing, we don't fuck around with that nonsense).

Spill the beans!

I'm finally at the point where I'm taking just specks of Bupe a day. I don't have a scale, but I'm guessing that's around .125mg a day maybe .25mg. I definitely don't feel %100 on these doses. But it gets me through the day without being in total WD. In my years of opiate abuse I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I know I'm new here, and no one really knows me, but since I've never really been able to talk to anyone through this ordeal it feels good just to put it into words. Even though I got myself into this mess ( and what a mess it was before Bupe) I almost feel proud. Anyway, keeep on keeeping on guys.

very glad i didnt have to WD from this dope...

third day back on bupe.....

man the spiral happens fast

I'm finally at the point where I'm taking just specks of Bupe a day. I don't have a scale, but I'm guessing that's around .125mg a day maybe .25mg. I definitely don't feel %100 on these doses. But it gets me through the day without being in total WD. In my years of opiate abuse I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I know I'm new here, and no one really knows me, but since I've never really been able to talk to anyone through this ordeal it feels good just to put it into words. Even though I got myself into this mess ( and what a mess it was before Bupe) I almost feel proud. Anyway, keeep on keeeping on guys.

DUDE! HELL YEAH! =D

That's awesome man! Congrats! KEEP IT UP! You should feel proud! :)

Tapering is soo important, especially with sub. It's more powerful than people think. Getting down to those specks (I've been there....it seems like it's so small that it's not going to do anything) is tough with eyeballing them and the dose being so small, but it is crucial!

Seems like a lot of people start getting low and then try to jump off at something like 0.5mg and still struggle for a week.

I finally kicked late October 2010, so it's only been a few months, but things are soo much better and manageable in my life. I feel so much happier! :D <3 I don't have crazy up and downs every day anymore either.

The next part is really important. Don't feel obligated to jump into anything too serious, but it's really crucial to start having fun and/or healthy activities to do. I'd say that exercise is an absolute must, as is eating/drinking well.

Keep us updated and keep going man! You made it this far, you're almost there! Be patient and you'll soon have days where you don't NEED any opiate and you'll feel fine! =D

Hi, just new to the forum and still checking things out..

I was on methadone for a while and it was pointless, worse for me than doing the gear. Getting on a script was a mistake. I managed to reduce my dosages and switch over to subutex. Wow it was like a new lease of life. I know loads of people who swear by the meth and hate subbies but suppose everyone is different and is effected by things in different ways.

All I suggest is that if you are taking methadone and feel it's not doing much for you, you're still using too much and getting sick. Try the subbies. I didn't realise how bad I was until I changed over. Soo much better, my usage is way down (drought partially responsible I guess) but generally feel loads more normal.

The misconception of health is that it is just the absence of sickness.. We will normally be satisfied as long as we're not rattling to fuck. But chances are you could be feeling a whole lot better.
Give 'em a go... Also like I said before maybe you are on subbies or something buy they may not be working out for you, give something else a go.. Try different things until you get it right for yourself!
Blahblahblah ramble over

it is makes me damn happy(i care thats who) to see this stuff, this subject spoken of with respect, knowledge, and hope.

thanks to everyone in here, for being such cicvil, educated, dirt bag junkies!
haha

<3
=D

Status
Not open for further replies.