• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe helping precipitated withdrawal

Im in ohio too dave8787 and going thru the same shit. Ive overdosed twice in the past week so im now trying to detox. I put myself into precipitated wds this morning now i feel horrible...so i did some dope to try to fix it and it helped a little. Just dont know when to try the subutex again....

That "15" minutes turned into a weekend of a hell inside of hell. You all need to understand the risk.

Put it this way, if you take the risk and take suboxone too soon, get ready to start fantasizing about having a gun and contemplating suicide, trying to convince the small part of you that might still be semi-sane that nothing is real, therefore your kids and family won't have to be traumatized by finding your dead piece of shit body. Orbetter yet, do it where they won't ever find you, yeah, make some stranger find you. Being cold as ice but hotter than fire and sweating big thick ice bullets that actually hurt.

15 minutes was actually a weekend(from Friday night to pretty much Monday morning). I didn't get my head right for a few days after that. I have mild ptsd from that so called "15 minutes". Felt like years.

My problem was that I never even thought about getting on here to research. Maybe the careless addict in me, idk. At the time, in my eyes, suboxone was what my friends and some family members took only on days they didn't do dope right before.

I like the idea of getting this info out there to ppl becuz no one deserves to see and feel that kind of misery, loathing, fear, confusion, insanity, lifelessness- I could on and on.

I'm no badass but I have went through my share of fucked up shit. These demon-brought PWS opened up a new can of something, Idk words good enough to describe it. Ehhhh

The other day I seen a video called "10 worst towns in Ohio" - they take everything in consideration, from school funding, to crime rates, to overdoses, and a few more things. Needless to say, little ole Portsmouth was number 2. East Cleveland was on their as well..

Thanks for the quick reply, guy. It means more than you could imagine. I have no one to talk to about this kind of shit at the moment and if someone isn't familiar with it, you might as well be talking to a tree. Take care buddy!

Come hang out, I'm in Portsmouth, we can PW together. Lol
Man that would suck if you ended up dieing from an od, be careful buddy

As for when to try it again man, I don't know so I'm not gonna just guess and possibly make it worse. I do know that my pws lingered on the whole weekend. Now whether it wasme taking more and more suboxone to try to get better or if it was taking 75-100mgs methadone for 9 years straight which ended about 4 days before that point in time. Probably both factors made the situation stickier..

If I was you bro.. if ur used to doing pills, get like twice as much as it takes to get u high just do one then another if that isn't helping enuff. If ur used to h, try to find some that is safe-ish? I know that's kinda hard but I don't wanna see you or anyone die because of a dumb shot of dope. It's crazy.

Update. The suboxone kinda works now- it keeps me from having severe withdrawals but I don't feel it the slightest bit. This sobriety thing kind of sucks. I am thinking about shit a lot clearer(in a bad way) and guilt is constantly in the back of my mind. Hopefully it will pass.

Hey so im not getting withdrawals so i can not use the cows scale to avoid precipitated withdrawal i only slipped a few days and want to get back on my subutex so how long do i need to wait to take it since the cows scale is irrelevant to me. How long aftermy last shot do i get back on my subutex if i dont take that as soon as possible im just going to end up getting more heroin so how long should i wait i usually crack the 12th hour and just go get dope

18-24 hours. Even if you are not experiencing WD's you can still get slightly sick if you use the sub to soon. Tar vs east cost dope can also have legs. So if you use tar that would be pushing you to waiting more then 12 hours. so something else to think about.

Come on dude why not just wait 24 hours since you don't even go into WD's play it safe. If you only slipped up 1-2 md of bupe should hold you or actually I would imagine it will get you somewhat high for the first week.

Some other interventions may save you a life of opiate dependency but I imagine you know what you need to not die from addiction. Slip up with no WD's= a perfect time for treatment not involving maintenance. Ow how I wish I was in that position minus the IV use as that was not my style. Now kicking 0.5 mg of Buprenorphine is a nightmare after months of tapering.

So the type of dope matters? It's southern dope lol new orleans..it's now been almost 19 hours and im cramping and restless but idk im just ready to take this damn sub and get on with my life

Cramping and restless sounds like you are getting the beginning of WD's and may still have a small amount of dope in your system. Waiting 19 hours should be good. try waiting another 4 hours. Let your self get to the point that you are in full WD's. If by 18-24 hours from your last dose and you still only feel light WD's then you should be good to go. Mexican dope has always been known to have longer legs then straight east cost dope per the fact that Tar has other opiates in it as well that are byproducts of the synth that have come from the opium poppy. Take a look at DEA testing DATA on Mexican dope. Maybe the DEA microgram bulletin board. 6-MAM,morphine, actyl codeine all kinds of partly reacted or unreacted opiates.

Last edited:
Yes, the length of time and the amount one was using opiates and dependent on them as well as tolerance all play a role when it comes time to use bupe without worries of going thru any PWs

For instance. A user who has been using .5-1g/day for 6 months is going to have a way harsher, and longer WD than a person who used .5-1g/day for only 5 days. The person who also used that amount longer will have to wait longer to induct bupe. Lot of folks who have e used a lot for a long time may also quit cold turkey and only experience mild WD symptoms for the first day, since that shit is built up in them. They'd try to take some bupe at the 24 hour mark and still suffer intense PWDs, while the individual who was only using that amount 5 days, which is enough time to become physically hooked, but they may be cool to start bupe at the 24 hour mark.

There are so many factors that play into it, like the quality of the stuff, which substance the person was on because of different half-lives of different drugs. Say that 5 day user was using 80mg of methadone each day, and the 6 month user was using heroin. In that case, the 5 day user would end up having to wait longer to start bupe than the 6 month heroin user since methadone has a lot longer half-life than heroin does. Methadone user would have to wait 72+hours to start while the heroin user waits 36-48 hours to start bupe, hence the shorter half-life. Heroin is about 8-12 hours, should have opiate receptors vacated in 24 hours or so. Methadone half-life is 36+ hours. *** I'm not sure of exact numbers and statistics here. *** but 36 hour half-life, you'd be waiting at least 72 hours to start bupe.

Hope this helps someone! Msg me with any question about it.

Hey so im not getting withdrawals so i can not use the cows scale to avoid precipitated withdrawal i only slipped a few days and want to get back on my subutex so how long do i need to wait to take it since the cows scale is irrelevant to me. How long aftermy last shot do i get back on my subutex if i dont take that as soon as possible im just going to end up getting more heroin so how long should i wait i usually crack the 12th hour and just go get dope

If you just had a little slip and you we not dependent on the heroin, you should be fine to take the sub whenever. Since your opiate receptors in your brain/body are already used to being vacated.

Taking some bupe a little while after your last use of heroin shouldn't be a problem because the dependency is not there. If there is still heroin attached to your receptors, the bupe will come in and kick it off. Since those receptors are already used to being in that state, you will NOT feel PWs at this time, the bupe will just go ahead and settle itself in, and you'll start to feel good.

Hope this helps! Feel free to message me if you have some questions.

Hello, first post on. Blue light never registered finally did thanks to all the great info. Anywho I won 10k last month on a scratch off ticket and love opana oxymorphone ? The 10k last a month a was in heaven for awhile stocked up on suboxene when I knew the fun seems like it was all over way to fast crazy how fast your tolerance goes up I started only doing half a 40oj being fine every day eventually I was doing 5 40pan a day in the worst when it comes to withdrawal can be 3 hours after my dose I think I'm dien just mental plus when you got money to burn who cares sucks the run was over last night at 7pm I took my last opana 40 and figured I would wake up in the morning feel sick and take a sub well I woke up at 130am craving hard couldn't fall back asleep so I figured it was time for the sub which I had 2 lines broke out and half a pill to swollow so I did the 2 lines and OH MY GOD Instant Cold chill RUNS DOWN MY BODY I haven't puked since I was 21 I'm 30 now I Was puking up pudding also Diareah sweating like crazy nuckles continuesly crack leg stretches over and over I WILL NEVER TAKE A SUB EARLY AGIAN PROMISE U DONT KNOW WD TILL YOUVE BEEN THREW THIS HELL AND THE WORST PART IS THERE REALLY IS NO WAY OUT MONEY RAN OUT ALL I HAVE IS SUBS thank god its 4am im feeling 100 percent better the PWD lasted 2 hours little less I smoked a cig walking around it tasted like stale tree bark just puked more. Question I have is if you go threw PWD do u withdrawal more later or am I cured since I just went threw 2 hours of hell or does PWD cut down on withdraw time

can anyone help me figure out my situation? I'm currently hooked on h, have been for 2 years now. And I know about p/w and how it works in the sense of using bupe too early into wd. Last night I waited 12 hrs after my last dose to do a sub, it was an 8 mg suboxone strip. I did about 2 mg bupe induced intravenously, I have experienced pw before but this was on another level. I was retarded sick for about an hour and was able to pass out only because i was up for 3 days prior. This morning I woke up feeling ok, and it's now been almost 13 hrs since that last shot of bupe. I'm trying to kick the h and use subs to help me get off it. So.. since I did the bupe and went thru withdrawals, the real question now is, am I able to take another shot/sublingual dose without going thru pw again? Since the h on my receptors has been replaced by bupe and now the bupe is wearing off, would I have to worry about going into pw? Or would I start to feel better ?

Given the huge opiate epidemic I’m not surprised this thread is still active. But anyways if you have gone thru the withdrawals already and feel better your definitely good to go bro. I would start off small just in case but I think your good.

You are fine, and let this be a lesson NOT to shoot your strips. So pointless. Hits plenty fast taken normally.

Do not IV first time.... Taking 2 mg iv is about the same as 4-8 mg sub although all at once. Never start with more than 1 mg sublingual, which would he 100ug-250ug at most iv. Bupe may not be strong, but it is potent and doesn't take much to reach full effect.

can anyone help me figure out my situation? I'm currently hooked on h, have been for 2 years now. And I know about p/w and how it works in the sense of using bupe too early into wd. Last night I waited 12 hrs after my last dose to do a sub, it was an 8 mg suboxone strip. I did about 2 mg bupe induced intravenously, I have experienced pw before but this was on another level. I was retarded sick for about an hour and was able to pass out only because i was up for 3 days prior. This morning I woke up feeling ok, and it's now been almost 13 hrs since that last shot of bupe. I'm trying to kick the h and use subs to help me get off it. So.. since I did the bupe and went thru withdrawals, the real question now is, am I able to take another shot/sublingual dose without going thru pw again? Since the h on my receptors has been replaced by bupe and now the bupe is wearing off, would I have to worry about going into pw? Or would I start to feel better ?

The answer to your question is that if you’ve already been through precipitated w/d you can shouldn’t have an issue with that again. You should start to feel better soon using the sublingual ROA. Tips:

Long term cimetidine leads to unfortunate side effects (potential increase in bust size/fucks with your endocrine system with high dose long term daily use), but it is probably the most potentiate commonly available potentiator you can find for buprenorphine (in the states at least). 600mg for a few days a few minutes before you take your sublingual dose should be fine for a few days though. The effects are a little more agonist so it can be pleasurable, and more habit forming of a combo, so heads up if you’re concerned with that.

Try using some Listerine or a mouthwash that is ethanol based. In conjunction with cimetidine there should be ZERO need to inject buprenorphine.

Even just using Listerine or something helps enough with sublingual BA to make injecting buprenorphine entirely pointless.

If you must inject it please, please use proper HR (namely, micron filters and sterile rigs/technique).

I just today got over precipitated withdrawl. I had waited 18 hours since I had used dope to take a sub strip (well half) OMG did I think I had killed myself. I went into the WORST feeling I've EVER felt! I vomited, my body got so hot I sweat out like I never experienced before. I had diarrhea immediately. All I could do was wrap in a blanket and lay in my bed, I was so scared. My body felt like it was lit on fire! This lasted over 12 hours for me. Today when it was over I knew I would NEVER make that mistake again! I honestly thought I waited enough time but boy was I wrong.