• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Growing Have some itsy bitsy Autoflowers growing, thoughts?

no stress bud. but they looking awesome. Those new or white pistols of the plant you were talking about could also be popcorn bud sites or places that just didnt get enough sunlight or nutes or and or and.. but yeah think get it. But overall im looking forward to your harvest results and the effects you get from them and so on, a mini report if you'd be so kind lol. sorry im baked AF atm.

no stress bud. but they looking awesome. Those new or white pistols of the plant you were talking about could also be popcorn bud sites or places that just didnt get enough sunlight or nutes or and or and.. but yeah think get it. But overall im looking forward to your harvest results and the effects you get from them and so on, a mini report if you'd be so kind lol. sorry im baked AF atm.

Rub it in my face why don't ya? Jelly of your baked-potato status haha. I jest...kinda. I've been saving my THC receptors for like 2 months now, trying to exercise some delayed gratification and I'm envisioning how satisfying it will be to smoke a blunt of something I grew from seed. Anyhow, yes, I think you're right in that they are "popcorn" bud sites, they're growing lil mini, less dense buds in those areas. I'll definitely supply a report of sorts, got a little digital scale too as I'm curious to see what kind of yield I'll be getting post-drying. Will also post something on the FX. Thanks for the encouragement and will keep you updated ;)

indicas 7/8 weeks -- sativa 11 and some 12 or even more. ( best way it's to inspect the trichomes ) you have to wait, patience it's a virtue and you will be rewarded in the end. And if you don't respect the basic rules your plant will most likely contain THC-A instead of THC. They're beautiful regardless.

indicas 7/8 weeks -- sativa 11 and some 12 or even more. You have to wait, patience it's a virtue and you will be rewarded in the end. And if you don't respect the basic rules your plant will most likely contain THC-A instead of THC. They're beautiful regardless.

Patience is definitely a virtue. They've both been in flower for about 8 weeks now, but I think they'll just need a little more time. Sativa is definitely going to take a few weeks longer. Anyhow, the extra time should pay off, fingers crossed :)

Yeah but that extra time, listen. I had my fair share with fuckin up 2 plants, haha. I didn't wanna listen to one of my friend ''Rat'' that's his nickname when he said ''Inspect the trichomes, not even the hairs because they can grow prematurely'' and when I harvested it was CBD. One even molded away. So you have to pay attention to those lil girls because if you're good to them they will arrow the same.

Yeah but that extra time, listen. I had my fair share with fuckin up 2 plants, haha. I didn't wanna listen to one of my friend ''Rat'' that's his nickname when he said ''Inspect the trichomes, not even the hairs because they can grow prematurely'' and when I harvested it was CBD. One even molded away. So you have to pay attention to those lil girls because if you're good to them they will arrow the same.

Check them daily, shouldn't be a worry hopefully. The trichomes on the Indica are all milky white and the sativa is still way too early and is shiny/developing more trichomes.

Regarding the new bud growth on the indica, that can happen for a bunch of reasons. I know that certain strains like to grow in phases, where you’ll get bud growth that matures followed by new bud growth that then matures and so on.

Thai genetics like to do that. And DJ Short Blueberry is a strain that I know does it as well.

It can be frustrating but also leaves an interesting different kind of bud. You essentially have parts that are overly mature and parts that underripe.

Btw they look great, can’t wait to see them all finished up!

-GC

Hey gang! I just wanted to post an update on the pot I grew. I harvested both plants a little while ago and though I was impressed with the product, I was less enthused about the small yield I got. I harvested approximately 115 days from seed.

With my two plants and after drying and curing, I yielded approximately 14g. The Indica (Critical XL) was definitely the stronger of the two (the Sativa was Jack Herer) and also grew better and denser buds than the Sativa. I didn't even bother taking pics of the Sativa as it really wasn't shit. Anyhow, the half OZ I got was enough to keep me baked for about 2.5 weeks and it was overall a fun learning experience.

Thank you all for your help and advice! I wrote a little review of the Indica and attached a pic of the finished bud too, I'd say they were decent mids in the end.

Critical XL Indica Autoflower
  • Taste: 7/10 (Very nice, with quite earthy flavor, smooth toke)
  • Strength: 6/10 (It got me decently high, but I would not say it is on par with Coffeeshop or Dispensary quality - very good for home grown though)
  • Duration: 7/10 (about 1.5-2 hrs of being solidly high after a small joint)
  • Bag appeal: 6/10 (Quite frosty and a really nice smell, but the buds were not as dense I would have liked)
  • Overall: 6.5/10
Ir4tfSx.jpg

Frosty indeed.

Not a bad first grow at all man.

Thanks man! Yield aside, I was quite pleased with the result. It was all organic and just done with sunlight and good ol' H20. I think the problem yield-wise, stems from freak bad weather at the beginning of the grow and the veg stage was stunted slightly. As the Veg window is so small with autos, I think the key to a bigger yield next time will be to ensure that I get a really solid veg in. If I have extra money this year, I might invest in a light setup to grow indoors.