• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Has anyone managed to beat a binge drinking problem with opiates,specifically codeine

Kratom would be a better option. You actually can use kratom once or twice a week without becoming dependent. But you know what would be an even better option that kratom? Kava.

Kava has already been shown to potentially help alcoholics. It gives you that drunk feeling but without doing harm to your body or clouding your judgement. On the contrary, there are actually health benefits to kava. It teaches you how to relax and not worry while leaving your mind clear and has antidepressant effects. Its also not addictive.

Make sure you get natural root and prepare it in the traditional manner. Do no get kava pills.

^ Kava is actually a great alternative, I used 40 drops of HerbPharm kava tincture in a glass of water to taper off of a tapered dose of benzos. The only reason I mention brand is that it is specifically made without the leaves, which are hepatoxic, any other non-leaf tincture will work.

I'd be wary of recommending using kratom as a way to combat a binge drinking problem, as it's simply too euphoric and reinforcing as an alcohol replacement. The only time I would suggest that is if a person is a daily alcoholic and will reduce overall social harm and physical harm by taking Kratom instead.

Kratom would be a better option. You actually can use kratom once or twice a week without becoming dependent. But you know what would be an even better option that kratom? Kava.

Kava has already been shown to potentially help alcoholics. It gives you that drunk feeling but without doing harm to your body or clouding your judgement. On the contrary, there are actually health benefits to kava. It teaches you how to relax and not worry while leaving your mind clear and has antidepressant effects. Its also not addictive.

Make sure you get natural root and prepare it in the traditional manner. Do no get kava pills.
Your gaba system goes haywire during alcohol dependency, I don't think it's a good idea to introduce a chemical (kratom, u-opioid) that acts upon other receptor systems. It's like opening a can of worms, when you have a perfectly full can, that's open already lol..

- Hopeless Soul

If you think your weekend booze binges are bad, wait until you develop an opiate habit. Thing is, ya see, we can't by opiates at the store. Not like booze, no siree.

If you think alcohol is addictive, wait until you try some more opiates. You will love them, and pretty soon you'll want to take them EVERY SINGLE DAY...no, you'll need to. And if you can't even stop you're bi-weekly alcohol binges do you really think you could have ANY control whatsoever over morphine cravings?
If you're answer is anything close to "yes" you're wrong.

Keep drinking....get some Xanax Rx'd for 'anxiety' it could help control you're cravings....A LOT better than opiates will.

Xanax satisfies alcohol cravings in most....Opiates satisfy most all cravings....because what else COULD you want?

Think it thru OP

I know people will say that opiates are a dangerous road to go down but I really have no desire or inclination at all to start taking them through the week or move on to a stronger opiate like heroin.

Thanks.

That is a famous last line lol...hell I wouldn't be surprised if every ex-chipper-user-weekend warrior what have you didn't say that before they found themselves with a needle in their arm sometime later. yea opis are a slippery slope to put it lightly. just becareful. maybe try to find another kind of release? it doesn't have to be drugs? you could hit the gym or go for a run. if does work for some people so don't say fuck off on it just yet, maybe give it a go for 20mins and see how you feel. not all fast, just moderate pace,