• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

20th Anniversary Happy 20th Anniversary, Baby!

Happy 20th Birthday Bluelight!

Did you know
We started life as the MDMA Clearinghouse, running off the back of a server for a business called Bluelight? That's how we got our name, for those that were unaware.​

Did you know
We ran ubb threads on that old MDMA Clearinghouse, but made the jump to vBulletin and rebranded our site as Bluelight.nl when we relaunched in those early days?​

Here's something
Most don't know that the site, as we know it today, first properly came alive in October of 1999. Specifically, if you go to the 'Member' pull down up top and select the OG Accounts option from the left side, you can see who joined starting earliest to most recent. There are a few oddities, but you'll see the wave of registrations began October 21, 1999. That was the day the site was opened up, and the internet was changed forever...​

With this in mind, we'd like to do something special for our 20th Anniversary. The staff are checking into a few ideas, but more minds makes better ideas, more hands make quicker work.

So, what thoughts might y'all have, our dearly beloved members? What things should we do to properly celebrate this historic milestone for our forum? Chuck them at us, no matter how outrageous or unrealistic, and we'll eventually get some do-able ones ;)

I will say
To my knowledge, we've only ever used the software's email blast once, in around 2007, when we had to reset everyone's passwords. So we are looking at sending a message out to ALL accounts leading up to this special date. Obviously, many will be defunct or abandoned, but we're hoping some are still active and that we can bring back a few of our OG members for the occasion.​

We should also
Have a steady build up via our FB and twitter accounts - though this requires some brainstorming on what to send out on social media that builds up to this. I'll be honest, the other item I'd like to look into is a proper dark theme for the site. It would give us a sweet alternative to the standard blues, which we know not everyone likes, and being dark can kinda lend itself to Halloween shortly thereafter, right?!​

But those are just a few of our ideas....what you got, our amazing members from all across the world??

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the dark style on all the time, not this type tho.

now to the matter in hand, congrats guys, you are more than a forum, more than a community, you are my family, even though you don't know or realize this, you were there in hard and in sweet times, you helped me get up, you helped me get down.

it gave me the chance to learn about so many cultures, I made some buddies from all across the world, most of all I met a very special person that I care about a lot on this forum.

the fact that you guys thought that I desevered to be a mod made me feel like a kid on a day of christmass, not because of the powers that come with the so called "modstick", because my input was indeed observed and appreciated.

I got a pretty short term here, but let's hope that our collaboration will continue for a long long time while the circumstancces will still allow it.

I've learnt here, I've cried here, I've laughed here, I've got happy here, I've got sad here, I've got excited, I've got angry, I've got disapointed, I've got surprised and this list could continue on and on for a while so I'm gonna stop it there.

Many thanks to the people that kept this alive, the ones that made sacrifices for it , had and have put in work out of their time to help it to evolve, volunteered and still volunteer to keep it going.

Also Rest In Peace to our lost brothers, you'll never be forgotten.

One Love, Bluelight, I really love you.

-Morpheus Papaverus

Happy 20th, Bluelight!
This is where I come when I need a microdose and can’t or don’t wanna dose.
Just reading some of the endless experiences here has given me so much insight and courage, and for that - I’m grateful.

Here’s to the rest of the century!

Happy birthday and a big thank you to the entire crew, 20 years is a long time given the other places I've hung out online bave tended to had much shorter lifespans and dramatic endings, but it's a cool crowd here and I've learned a hell of a lot more than school ever taught me about drugs, and much more.

I love every one of you so much. The most amazing people I have met on here. I couldn't imagine where I would be without all of you.

A special thanks to the ones keeping this place alive and too current and former admins. You are the Wings that have kept this baby flying for 20 years.

Last edited:
Happy 20th to the first forum I've ever been a part of! Only been here for half of it, 3 of those years I don't remember much of but it became part of my foundation for seeking recovery and gave me an opportunity to give back both as a poster and as a mod to a community that helped me tremendously.

Happy birthday Bluelight, 20 years old is geriatric on the internet! IIRC there were times when the continued existence of the forum was up in the air, glad it's pushed past that! And I see we have higher-res avatars now :D Bluelight has been a transformative, life-changing encounter during some of the most formative years of my young adult life in Australia. I'd probably have ended up in a much darker place if not for Bluelight. I still find myself espousing harm minimization and referring back to so much knowledge learned from here that now feels intrinsic. I'd absolutely not be the person I am today if not for Bluelight.

source.gif