• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

20th Anniversary Happy 20th Anniversary, Baby!

Happy 20th Birthday Bluelight!

Did you know
We started life as the MDMA Clearinghouse, running off the back of a server for a business called Bluelight? That's how we got our name, for those that were unaware.​

Did you know
We ran ubb threads on that old MDMA Clearinghouse, but made the jump to vBulletin and rebranded our site as Bluelight.nl when we relaunched in those early days?​

Here's something
Most don't know that the site, as we know it today, first properly came alive in October of 1999. Specifically, if you go to the 'Member' pull down up top and select the OG Accounts option from the left side, you can see who joined starting earliest to most recent. There are a few oddities, but you'll see the wave of registrations began October 21, 1999. That was the day the site was opened up, and the internet was changed forever...​

With this in mind, we'd like to do something special for our 20th Anniversary. The staff are checking into a few ideas, but more minds makes better ideas, more hands make quicker work.

So, what thoughts might y'all have, our dearly beloved members? What things should we do to properly celebrate this historic milestone for our forum? Chuck them at us, no matter how outrageous or unrealistic, and we'll eventually get some do-able ones ;)

I will say
To my knowledge, we've only ever used the software's email blast once, in around 2007, when we had to reset everyone's passwords. So we are looking at sending a message out to ALL accounts leading up to this special date. Obviously, many will be defunct or abandoned, but we're hoping some are still active and that we can bring back a few of our OG members for the occasion.​

We should also
Have a steady build up via our FB and twitter accounts - though this requires some brainstorming on what to send out on social media that builds up to this. I'll be honest, the other item I'd like to look into is a proper dark theme for the site. It would give us a sweet alternative to the standard blues, which we know not everyone likes, and being dark can kinda lend itself to Halloween shortly thereafter, right?!​

But those are just a few of our ideas....what you got, our amazing members from all across the world??

Last edited by a moderator:

Did you know
We started life as the MDMA Clearinghouse, running off the back of a server for a business called Bluelight? That's how we got our name, for those that were unaware.​

Did you know
We ran ubb threads on that old MDMA Clearinghouse, but made the jump to vBulletin and rebranded our site as Bluelight.nl when we relaunched in those early days?​

Here's something
Most don't know that the site, as we know it today, first properly came alive in October of 1999. Specifically, if you go to the 'Member' pull down up top and select the OG Accounts option from the left side, you can see who joined starting earliest to most recent. There are a few oddities, but you'll see the wave of registrations began October 21, 1999. That was the day the site was opened up, and the internet was changed forever...​

With this in mind, we'd like to do something special for our 20th Anniversary. The staff are checking into a few ideas, but more minds makes better ideas, more hands make quicker work.

So, what thoughts might y'all have, our dearly beloved members? What things should we do to properly celebrate this historic milestone for our forum? Chuck them at us, no matter how outrageous or unrealistic, and we'll eventually get some do-able ones ;)

I will say
To my knowledge, we've only ever used the software's email blast once, in around 2007, when we had to reset everyone's passwords. So we are looking at sending a message out to ALL accounts leading up to this special date. Obviously, many will be defunct or abandoned, but we're hoping some are still active and that we can bring back a few of our OG members for the occasion.​

We should also
Have a steady build up via our FB and twitter accounts - though this requires some brainstorming on what to send out on social media that builds up to this. I'll be honest, the other item I'd like to look into is a proper dark theme for the site. It would give us a sweet alternative to the standard blues, which we know not everyone likes, and being dark can kinda lend itself to Halloween shortly thereafter, right?!​

But those are just a few of our ideas....what you got, our amazing members from all across the world??

Happy Birthday

Did you know

Did you know

Here's something

I will say

We should also

Happy Birthday !

Reactions: CFC

Did you know

Did you know

Here's something

I will say

We should also

Well,I just joined to you,but have been following you for 11+ years. I am old now 67, and want to start sharing my experience with Medicines legal or not,from the 60's to the present.My dad was an R&D team leader for Ayerst- Wyeth Laboratories,back in the 60's, to 80's help develop the world's most successful medication,(until recently) Premarin.
what can happen is the knowledge base on use and effects (if you can be honest),will maybe save someone from great troubles or provide a solution, and redirect a curiosity,perhaps.

We will just have to keep slipping our start dates in to random conversation.

Play it cool; I certainly don't want everybody figuring out why I'm saying I joined up here in the year 2003, sixteen years ago.

Just hover over your name ;)

I say, this theme's better but I think @TheLoveBandit will add another theme to the main forum somewhere in the future. So y'all can chill for now and dunno if knew but there's an extension on Opera browser dunno bout others because I don't use them, but in Opera there's this shit called ''Stylus' which basically changes everything you want about a specific site, if you have some progamming knowledge you can make something out of it.

Yeah, most browsers have a whole bunch of different viewing modes built-in nowadays. Mine has about 100 different dark modes to choose from. This particular mode is moreso an entire theme though, with a whole bunch of different features and design elements on top of the different colors.

I originally joined in 2001. I lost my password. Thanks Bluelight. Prob saved my life half a dozen times. Had some great friends here. Some now in the Shrine. Again without this site Id be lost. Cheers guys. I have sent a lot of friends here so they avoid the BS on fb and such.
Peace, NW

Damn I feel old now.

"I have internet"
-"YOU'RE A NERD HAHA"

These days:
-Well, you know kids these days.

Will add any actual decent ideas I come across in my mind, though, BL is one place I had a rather soft spot for, the way and timing I grew up.
I had an 11k modem in 1998. Woah we have internet!!!! Text only but still. Yess! Online for 4 mins at a time! incredible. Damn now I feel old.

Happy 20th Anniversary Baby!!

I love this website. It has provided an outlet for me to talk and learn about things that I would never share anywhere else.
I think this website has saved me from spontaneous combustion!

You all are the coolest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! You have kept me from harm many times!
I am so grateful for you all and I love you all! I really do.
You all know way more than the entire medical profession. They should take a lesson here.

I am SO grateful for you ALL! Thank you for all the hard work you owners and moderators and the entire bluelight crew put in to bring us amazing and wonderful surprises such as this Holiday Theme! I dig it!

21 now old enough to drink in US. should we take bl to the bar first time? This site isnt fucked up enough as is.

Must give credit where credit is due in the long long ago I stumbled across bluelight while researching the things that I was keen on consuming, became a long time lurker eventually joined up to have a conversation with substance and on topics that are in my field of interest. Primarily the drug discussions then the bad times came and the dark side was a place for me to vent, have supporting others who were going through similar shit, bluelighters pretty much saved me from a lot of bad head space and helped me with HR drug 101 mainly. These days are a lot more tame as opposed to 10 yeas back now days I have so much appreciation for this place and the fact that it's so much more than information about drugs, the relationship aspect I've found helpful, the law and political sections have been very helpful reading, I have been around for a bit now and I am yet to tap into all this most awesome of places has to offer. Also realise that if this is 20 year's old I am so very ancient my daughter is the same age as bluelight which actually makes sense as to the time I found it. So thankful to blue-light and bluelighters past and present for bettering not only my knowledge but most importantly myself ❤️
Now I refer younger people with my interests and half a brain to bluelight so that they are also able to get informed on this and that or join in on discussion about whatever the topic of interest may be. Will still be here when I'm old and near death. Life changing as DMT this place.
Love and respect

Man, I love this place. The denizens are dope and have kept me company through the last year of bullshit where I haven't seen most of my mates because of the plague.

Never mind the things I've learnt on here. N-acetylcysteine for my binge drinking? Only BL!

Also, the opportunity to share personal experiences so that others can learn from my mistakes....fucking priceless.
Or to be able to talk with people who understand what dealing with severe mental or addiction issues is like.....beauty.

I <3 BL.

A sincere and heartfelt thank you to all who keep it running as smoothly as it does. You are beautiful.