Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Great Movies That Most People Haven't Even Seen

^^^dude...i loved it too=D its so bad its good :)
also i love brian de palmas CARRIE. thats fuckin classic.

Not sure on the percentage of people in here who are Australian.....but i think there is a great deal of aussie movies that are pretty great, and i'm sure that alot of them have not been viewed by the masses in USA, Europe etc...

Chopper --------- One of Eric Bana's breakthrugh roles; He played a selfstyled crimefighter (one way of describing fucking up drug dealers to get their cash). Gritty, very violent and often hilarious

Romper Stomper ------- Russell Crowe's first hit, another aussie classic about skinheads waring with the asian population( sure crowe may be a fuckhead but he can act!!)

The Castle -------- Aussie comedy......very australian in the sense that it is self deprecating and very ironic.....not sure if many yankee moviegoers would understand the humour...

Some good foreign films are:

Y Tu Mama Tambien

The Spanish Appartment

Intimate Strangers

Others:

Swimming Pool

Birth

The Door In The Floor

Straw Dogs ----> very strange movie.

Straw Dogs was awful. The way that movie treats women is pretty abhorrent.

Man with the Movie Camera
Blood for Dracula
Mona Lisa
Faces
The Red Shoes

RareForm said:
The Believer - with Ryan Gosling.

didn't almost everyone in middle america see it
when HBO showed it ad nauseum...?

it was the talk of the town in my workplace

and it was all bluehairs talking about it.

Piggy_G said:
Some good foreign films are:

Y Tu Mama Tambien

everyone's seen that... at last, most everyone.

one movie i think folsk should see is THE EVENT

sad sad sad movie.

WarmRushes said:
Jesus' Son

Saw that the other day...interesting, quirky flick.

Some others:

The Tao of Steve

Kissing Jessica Stein

Old School pick: Little Big Man----a young Dustin Hoffman plays the (fictional) half-white, half-native American sole survivor of Little Big Horn from the US side. Made in the early 70's during the height of Vietnam anti-government sentiment so subversive anti-imperialist overtones are palpable, but the flick is satirically funny as hell in large stretches, with the flashbacks of Hoffman's life including scenes with Wild Bill Hickock, a goody-goody revival preacher's wife turned prostitute (played by Faye Dunaway), a gay Indian who wants to be his squaw and another ultra-competitive "keep up with the Joneses" member of his tribe.

Nerd Essentials:

Dekalog (The Decalogue)
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Le Mepris (Contempt)
Persona
Verigo
Amarcord
Ikiru
Nuovo cinema Paradiso (Cinema Paradiso)
Hiroshima Mon Amour
The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie
Rosemary's Baby
A bout de souffle (1960)
Shadows
That Obscure Object of Desire
L'Avventura (The Adventure)

lpsquisha said:
GIA> angelina rocks my world......;) she looked so real in this movie..... its awesome

GIA is one of my fav. movies!

I also like "The Brotherhood of the wolf." OR "Le Pacte des loups"

Fanny and Alexander
Down By Law
Aguirre: The Wrath of God
The Silence (1963)
Once Upon a Time in the West
The City of Lost Children

^^^AGUIRRE THE WRATH OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i fuckin love Klaus kinski that animal ! lol....i love that movie!!!

thirded - that truly is a breathtaking movie. if you liked that, you might also like fitzcarraldo by the same director and with the same crazy leading man.

Maybe it's because I'm young, but, regarldess, every time I talk about classic movies most people give me a blank stare. I'm afraid that the classics are all going to die :( so, my apologies for those who think that everyone has seen these films, because people my age or younger seem to have not.

The African Queen
Bed of Roses (1933)
The Best Years of Our Lives
Life with Father
Out of Africa
Patton
The Philadelphia Story
Bonnie & Clyde
The Great Escape
True Grit
On the Waterfront
Lawrence of Arabia
Midnight Cowboy
Dinner at 8
Giant
The Longest Day

AmorRoark said:

The African Queen
Bed of Roses (1933)
The Best Years of Our Lives
Life with Father
Out of Africa
Patton
The Philadelphia Story
Bonnie & Clyde
The Great Escape
True Grit
On the Waterfront
Lawrence of Arabia
Midnight Cowboy
Dinner at 8
Giant
The Longest Day

This IS a great list.

I would also add The Razor's Edge (1946), All About Eve, and the aforementioned Stalag 17.

alasdairm said:
thirded - that truly is a breathtaking movie. if you liked that, you might also like fitzcarraldo by the same director and with the same crazy leading man.

I'll try to check it out. What did you think of it? In terms of Herzog, the only films I've seen are Aguirre and Stroszek, and I liked them both very much. I've been on a bit of a Bergman kick lately, reviewing a few of the films I watched in school. I definately appreciate them much more these days. It's also interesting how some of Woody Allen's movies parallel his work, especially the similarities between Crimes and Misdemeanors/Deconstructing Harry and Wild Strawberries (apart from the fact that Allen stole Bergman's cinematographer).

Last edited:
New Best Friend

It has cokewhores, fairly graphic girl-on-girl action, and back-stabbing bitches.... whats not to love? ;)

I'd also like to add Days of Wine and Roses (1962)

Fantastic older film dealing with alcoholism