⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Great Movies That Most People Haven't Even Seen

Léon (The Professional)
Romeo & Juliet (the one with Leonardo DiCaprio)
Trainspotting
Proof of Life
Arlington Road (fucking crazy)
Memento (fucking nuts too)
A Clockwork Orange (nuts yet again)
Vanilla Sky
Pi
Run Lola Run
Das Experiment
The Boondock Saints
Equilibrium
Dark City
The Basketball Diaries
Sniper

just to name a few...:)

Originally posted by drug related
slacker

that truly is a great movie.

alasdair

Sn2 said:
The City of Lost Children

Absolutely loved this movie, pity about the crap voiceovers in the version I saw, would have preffered subs to be honest. Good choice!

the returner
the machinist
brother
frailty
king of new york
freeway
the game
U turn
igby goes down
the devil's backbone
ravenous

i'm putting this in the archive, because it apparently slipped under the radar, and to merge it with the other thread just like it (since they're both about six pages long) would mess with the continuity of people's posting.

I've mentioned it a zillion times before, so once more won't hurt.

Fun (1994):
t20241zouph.jpg

imdb
part 1 on youtube

Themroc - french anarchistic movie from the 70's. an urban proletariat worker says fuck this and decides to turn his appartment into a cave
Beyond the valley of the dolls - russ meyer..late 60's cult classic of epic proportions
Andrei Rublev -tarkovsky...beautifully shot as always
Parents - bob balaban..excellent dark comedy from 70's
Five easy pieces - by bob rafaelson -with jack nicolson as a disillusioned oil driller
Fast times at ridgemont high - one of sean penn's first roles

Not really a great movie but definitely different.
Holy Mountain- Like a weird charles manson acid trip.
Apparently the director Alejandro Jodorowsky has a cult following. You should be able to find a version on google video.

Also....

Wong Kar Wai's 2046 and Chungking Express
James Toback's Black and White
and....Mickey Rourke in Angel Heart.

<3

igby goes down
the devil's backbone

add the dangerous lives of alter boys
L.I.E. (which is the first role for Dwayne from Little Miss Sunshine)
Some pederasts are besotted by sentimentality, seeing their transgression through a misty-eyed desire to be understood. The popular arts usually paint them as monsters, and even a great novel like Michel Tournier's The Ogre goes straight for a link between the pederast's idealization of young men and the psycho-sexual impulses of Nazism. The most remarkable thing about "L.I.E.," a drama about a 15-year-old boy and a middle-aged ex-Marine, is that it sees both of its characters without turning them into caricatures. The man is helpless in the face of his compulsion, but he seeks only where he is possibly welcome.

roger ebert review. it's seriously one of my favourite movies and no one even knows it. :(

N
Holy Mountain- Like a weird charles manson acid trip.
Apparently the director Alejandro Jodorowsky has a cult following. You should be able to find a version on google video.

yes, that director guy has a cult following that is massive. people get obsessed.

Oh and to add a couple of messed up movies:

Happiness- extremely dark comedy about several different people trying to find happiness and are always shot down.

Gummo- Dark Comedy set up almost like a documentary on America's white/trailer trash population.