• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Graffiti

For me personally, comissioned graffiti, like the pieces that are properly done and people are paid to do, on walls that are supposed to be decorated i think look great (until someone comes and tags crap all over it) but all of the crap people do at skate bowls and on random walls without permission just looks fucking stupid and immature.

Do graffittiers (i refuse to call them 'artists') not realise that their graffiti and careless immature crap actually costs business owners a lot of money to clean up? And im sorry but it just looks shit. I went to Milan, Italy recently and there was graffiti everywhere! It made the city look so dirty and disgusting, i think it really brought the "prettiness" of the city down.

If you like the art of graffiti so much why not do it on your own walls of your own house? Why make everyone else look at your stupid tags? I think some graffitti can look great, if not done all over random walls in the street.

jam uh weezy said:
i love your work busty.

Ta Bra.<3

Where do you live? I have quite the desposible income so would love to commission something pretty for you :D

I think eggman needs a nice mosaic pie chart.......;)

kryalkastleE said:
For me personally, comissioned graffiti, like the pieces that are properly done and people are paid to do, on walls that are supposed to be decorated i think look great (until someone comes and tags crap all over it) but all of the crap people do at skate bowls and on random walls without permission just looks fucking stupid and immature.

Do graffittiers (i refuse to call them 'artists') not realise that their graffiti and careless immature crap actually costs business owners a lot of money to clean up? And im sorry but it just looks shit. I went to Milan, Italy recently and there was graffiti everywhere! It made the city look so dirty and disgusting, i think it really brought the "prettiness" of the city down.

If you like the art of graffiti so much why not do it on your own walls of your own house? Why make everyone else look at your stupid tags? I think some graffitti can look great, if not done all over random walls in the street.

That just shows how everything is relative, opinions included. Barcelona also has alot of street art and I thouroughly enjoyed that aspect of the city.

I didnt really notice the graf in Barcelona? Was it more tagging or actual pictures?
Milan was just disgusting dirty tags and writing EVERYWHERE.

^Fair enough.

It was more pictures/lots of stencils. Very nice. Added to the atmosphere, didn't detract from it.

i love filthy mop tags. with drips that run to the ground. i love 2 colour stylish throwups in the city. i hate stickers. fuck a 20 color legal peice, thats not graffiti, its a legal wall. ill paint legals, but its the streets that count. just my 2 cents.

Laughed when I read this:

Tagger gets taste of his own medicine
10:20AM Saturday May 10, 2008

A tagger caught scribbling on a hotel wall was grabbed and covered in green ink in front of cheering patrons.

Quentin McKelvey, 21, an orchard worker of Hastings, was caught at Havelock North's Turks Bar last month, The Dominion Post reports.

When manager Dion Cooper tried to get McKelvey to clean up the scribble he said the tagger started swearing at him.

So he grabbed McKelvey and his thick green paint pen and started drawing on his face.

"I asked him, 'How do you like that, mate? How do you like being drawn on?' I put a bit on his clothes, said, 'Oh sorry, mate, I've just wrecked your clothes, like you wrecked my wall, how did you like it?"'

He then tossed McKelvey into the garden bar, and threw the pen at him.

"There were about 80 to 100 people cheering."

McKelvey was earlier this month sentenced to 150 hours of community work and supervision for tagging a railway control box and a grandstand.

McKelvey said yesterday that he was drunk when he tagged the bar and did not remember much about that night: "I know it's really irresponsible and I've learnt my lesson now."

- NZPA

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10509312

That's pretty funny. I call bullshit on him blaming his drunkenness for the graffiti though, I doubt he was drunk when he went out and bought/acquired the special thick marker.

They've apparently brought out new and stricter laws on graffiti. I don't have a report to share, but i heard it on the news while i was driving to work. Bring it on i say - to me, graffiti is just vandalism. Sure there can be some pretty amazing stuff, but more often than not it's just junk that's being rubbed into peoples faces.

I saw a poster the other day saying its illegal to carry a spray paint can now?? Is this true?

vanth said:
I saw a poster the other day saying its illegal to carry a spray paint can now?? Is this true?
Yeah I saw one at Parliament station today. It said it's an immediate $500+ on the spot fine.

drugfukkdrockstar said:
They've apparently brought out new and stricter laws on graffiti. I don't have a report to share, but i heard it on the news while i was driving to work. Bring it on i say - to me, graffiti is just vandalism. Sure there can be some pretty amazing stuff, but more often than not it's just junk that's being rubbed into peoples faces.
How do you think the natives felt about Mt. Rushmore?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rboHOj1FgYk

But that article WAS fucking hilarious.:D

vanth said:

Yep and its illegal for kids under 16 to buy it.

That doesnt stop the recalcitrants over 16 who enjoy printing MojoZ on every seat of the train and the other reprobates who prefer big fat markers as the preferred tool of property destruction.

jam uh weezy said:
^I think handscripts are an essential part of 'true' graffiti art. look at calligraphy. what if you saw someones tag in this nicely done well proportioned script like that on say a bus stop? would you consider it scribble still? is it only the placement that bothers you about it?

i agree tho, people that damage a persons home, car, etc only give other writers a bad name. the shitty thing abuot free walls is your artwork doesn't usually last that long compared to doing it somewhere illegal.

if you take a well done tag, outline it, blow it up, and fill it with varying colors/designs, you have a piece.

I agree that the tags in themselves can be an artform like you said. I have seen some rather nice ones around and i like them when they are attached to actual pieces but not just scrawled wherever. I personally can't even tag (when i sign my own pieces) aswell as others so i do appreciate the skill involved and also understand that the tags are part of the culture.

I understand the rebellion behind it and know that those that tag are the ones that go on to do the wicked beautiful pieces aswell (I did it the other way round as i am not into the scribble) and i still don't tag stuff... just sign my own work.

I will never be a TRUE graffer as i don't really respect the vandalism side of things but i do UNDERSTAND it but for me it's just a fun thing to do (legally) as an ART form and that's it to me.

but as has been said graffers couldnt care less what others thought about it. If your not immersed in the culture you will never get it and those that are in it don't care that those that aren't in it don't cos they really are just being ignorant about it and that's just that really *shrugs*

There are far more worse things to be complaining about then some artwork in alleyways and train lines hey....