• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Good movies to watch while on...

What is better about these movies when you're on drugs, compared to sober viewing? If it's artwork and special effects, would you get the same enjoyment from using a kaleidoscope? If it's wierd plot twists meant to 'headfuck' does it take ingestion of drugs to lower your guard enough to let the plot surprise you?

I know what you mean BT, I thought about similar things when I first read the thread. I guess for me it was the impact some movies created when I watched them for the first time while high. Would these movies have done so without the substances? Possibly but we'll never know now will we ;)

I think for some movies I've mentioned, it was the depth at which I was drawn into the story. Whatever it was in each case, many of these have lingered far longer in memory than normal, and all have usually demanded considerable after thought.

To be realistic, there are of course other movies I experienced straight which have also had a similar impact. I guess it comes down to surrendering. I am very analytical by nature, and although I once accomplished the ability to purely experience without analysis (Tai Chi etc), shortly afterwards I started a science degree, and these days I'm worse than I ever was :\

So perhaps it's the intense mental involvement which avoids guessing the next move; making the story a whole rather than the pieces I would normally reduce it to.....or something like that.

Some of the movies like Fear and loathing, requiem for a dream, trainspotting etc have more of an effect when you've experienced the substances and in that way I find have more of an effect. When you can relate to a scene it can have more meaning than the obvious. Some movies don't require you to be high to watch the movie but are better if you've been high at some point =D

samadhi said:
Altered States has such a great concept, floatation tanks are something else =D Not everyones cup of tea.

Hehehe that movie scared Splatt on the come up of acid.

Got that on DVD...

I got way too many to list.... its all mostly arthouse/european movies. I am not a fan of these stupid stoner movies like Half Baked, etc

^^^ um which one? I know too many movie titles with the word "Naked" word in it...... I been digging up through amazon site and trying to figure out which one you talking about......

AKIRA

a pretty damn good anime movie, made in the 80s. (I am not a fan of manga/anime movies at all this is pretty good especially when you're not thinking inside the box...) :D

mov_1.jpg

mov_5.jpg

115270.jpg

Naked

A cynical and pessimistic Manchester drifter, Johnny (David Thewlis), arrives in London, afflicting his ex-girlfriend and her flatmate with an unsolicited visit. When he isn't having rough sex with the roommate or pestering the night watchman at a sterile, modern office complex, he berates his ex for her bourgeois urban tendencies. Leigh's portrait of a deteriorating world at the end of the twentieth century is an intense drama, which packs an even greater punch due to Thewlis’s stunning performance as the bitter Johnny.

link!

I don't recall being stoned when I watched it (and why I didn't post it originally) but this was a heavy impact movie, although I never figured out why. I've watched it again and found that knowing what's coming took the sting out of it.

But Johnny is a character typical of someone most people try hard to avoid, yet watching this story you might find yourself trying to reach in through the monitor to strangle him 8(

Absolutely Not for the faint hearted. Similar overtones in humiliation and cruelty as The Cook, The Thief, his Wife and her Lover

phase_dancer said:
The Cook, The Thief, his Wife and her Lover

Yeah I liked that movie too =D

well for me, in no particular order if I am tripping or whatever =D

04.jpg

This former video nasty, and classic slice of 'Nunsploitation' features Warhol star Joe Dallesandro and La Dolce Vita star Anita Ekberg as Sister Gertrude, a man-hating Mother Superior. Includes morphine addiction, murder, lesbianism, and some dodgy necro gropings in the morgue.

We all no about that classic "Metropolis" one of the greatest German Movies from 1927, very advanced for its time. Made by the great Fritz Lang.

This is a really strange funny movie called "The Idiots" (Idioterne) (1998) (Dominican Republic/Danish) its a crazy stupid movie, really funny to watch while stoned.

i004.jpg

Its very bizzare themed movie, When a disparate group of people occupy a house up for sale in an upper class suburb in Copenhagen, they indulge in a game in which they pretend to be retarded/handicapped and put each other to the test to see who is the most faithful to the promise of "releasing their inner idiot". =D

delicatessen.jpg

There's this really bizzare French/Belgium (can't remember) but its very strange, even my younger brother who isn't fan of watching foregin movies, and he loved it, thought its was "trippy" called "Delicatessen" (1992)......

6304246889.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This is one of my favourite Gerard Depardieu's movies called "The Machine" (1994), in French, about Gerard who is a shrink at a mental institution obsesses over the mind of a serial killer. To "better understand him", he invents a machine which allows him to trade brains with the madman. Naturally the madman outsmarts him by assuming his identity and terrorizing his family. Very suspenseful movie.

BigTrancer said:
If it's wierd plot twists meant to 'headfuck' does it take ingestion of drugs to lower your guard enough to let the plot surprise you?

BigTrancer :)

These two movies, called ""Soylent Green" (1973) and "La Grande Bouffe" (1973) really fucked my head in hard, especially the Soylent Green while I was watching under influnce of Acid, because I totally lowered my guard and the plot surprised me so hard! 8o

la_grande_bouffe.jpg

soylentgreen.jpg

In relate in BT's eariler questions, some movies I find drugs can make me feel more "emotional" and deeply attached as if I was part of the movie inside the screen 8)

Under NO conditions don't ever try watch Whale Rider (2003) while under influnce of 2ci, one of the MOST beautiful and emotional movie that ever grabbed my heart.

Its a wonderful New Zealand made movie. About a legend that Paikea rode on the back of a whale and led his people to New Zealand. Since that time tradition has decreed that the first-born male descendant will become chief of the tribe.

Then Pai is born...and she is a girl. She grows up within a close-knit village which retains the tribes traditional spiritual relationship with the sea and their warrior values. Although loved by all, Pai faces rejection from her grandfather, Koro, who is brokenhearted that there is no grandson to carry on the line.

I swear I never cried so much in my life over a movie I was in babbling mess, and maybe drugs (especially 2ci? or its my mood and setting I suppose) can increase your emotional attachment depending the mood and type of the movie, and I find they can be like "artworks" but not like looking through kaleidoscope, but in other type of dimension exploring your inner emotions? and Releasing yourself and be part of the plot/story that grabs you so hard?

whalerider.jpg

urbanhog, are you a girl.?

pls don't take offense if your a bloke !

yeah cause us guys cant be sensitive can we. Then we would be like gays or somthing right?

I have tried watching a film on speed, no go. Never tried with a pill, but for giggly stuff . Heres some that I don't think have been mentioned.
Hercules returns, spice girls movie, the young ones (ok not a movie) dazed and confused, bad taste..
I know and love lots of very interesting movies, many have been mentioned, which i may try with some happy pills.
But can't handle much when coming down, I remember smoking cones to try and unwind after a big one and the only thing that worked on my sisters TV was Oprah and they kept crying, it scared me.

sorry about the flame. I was a real grump when I wrote it, I still feel the same way but wouldnt express it in such a sarcastic burny kind of way. (looks prety off topic at the top of a new page two hehehe)

Winsom said:
urbanhog, are you a girl.?

pls don't take offense if your a bloke !

=D

heheh yeah I am a bloke :p

yeah its a funny sight seeing a big grown man crying hard..... 8(

Call me pussy if you wish =D

yellow submarine and alice in wonderland is FANASTIC on a microdot. fuck, theyre fantastic totally straight!! not sure how well they go down being stoned. DO NOT watch 'Requiem...' if you use harry, you'll spin out and most likely be reduced to tears ...