Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Good movies to watch while on...

brazil is one hell of a flick.
i like birdy too.
and the timeless naked lunch

existenz and baraka-(wicked movie) oh and city of god (in portugese ans et in brazil)

Is EAT CARPET still on SBS?
That show use to do my head in so much even when I was straight!!

Goddamnit. Waking Life was going to be my contribution! Its probably suitable for all occasions :)

Another all occasions would be Disney's The Emperors New Groove. If you haven't seen it, it is very amusing the first time.

While youre tripping, watch The Animal, with Rob Schneider. Its better if you haven't seen it before. You know that mindset you get while tripping and stoned, where you're really discontent with everything? Well I watched the Animal purely because it was on, and it drew me in and threw me out :)

personal choices

in no particular order

1. Human Traffic
2. Donny Darko
3. Bill Hicks Relentless or Revelations
4. Requiem for a dream
5. American Beauty
6. Enigma (as in the music) DVD includes sadness pt IV and 13 other of their clips <----- probably my favourite
7. Trainspotting

Hell yeah
Emperor's New Groove is totally awesome. One of the best animated feature films ever. So much class, comedy, great 1 linners, if it doesn't crack you up when your high then nothing will.

Beech out

Still Peaking? somewhat twisted animations

Allegro Non Troppo: 19676 This is a satirical take off of Fantasia done to classical music

Fritz the cat. Some classic lines for the pussy lover ;)

By the way everyone, some great suggestions.
14.gif

Last edited:
ok, we have done worst drug movie...how about best ?

I will start the bidding with the following in no particular order:

1. Trainspotting
2. Requiem for a dream
3. Blow
4. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Johnny Depp you hoover......

[EDIT: Threads merged to keep topic in one place. Please search before posting; p_d]

Last edited by a moderator:
Equilbirium is great, i agree
as well as Gattaca and Vanilla Sky.

possibly also the truman show and minority report.
futuristic sci fi rocks.

Comedown - Eraserhead.

8o 8o Fuck, just joking! Irreversable scarring! 8o 8o

I mean This Is Spinal Tap, comeup, peak or comedown :D

Farout:)

haha, i saw Allegro Non Troppo on SBS by chance one night. that is a must see! i was enthralled!

pete_gasparino: yeah great movie heh

i like the bit on the chocolate river boat ;)

'.. and the rowers keep on rowing ..'

Oh, and Apocoylypse Now is a good tripping movie... ;)

Bit dark and disturbiing, but good eh? =D

Trance Nation - yeh EatCarpet is still on SBS but theyve moved away from the more tripped out shit with cartoons and animations. I used to watch it dam friday awhile back.

For coming down theres nothing better than monsters inc. to keep your mind occupied, and dont knock it till uve seen it either, the clean and smooth graphics make for pleasurable viewing. :)

Dave Clarke aye BT... mmm ... used to spin a few of his tunes, and still got an old Hardfloor X-Mix vinyl. But I never knew Clarke did this.... on video...have to check it out

I liked this quote from the site of BT's pic link

.... The pulse and the surge, the clatter and the chatter - this is how the future was always supposed to sound

Cowboy Mac. Glad you liked Allegro non troppo.

More great movies and many I'd not thought to mention. How could I forget Spinal Tap; must have seen it a dozen times. It's one of those movies where there's just as much value in watching viewers expressions. Never seen it tripping tho....

Who could ever forget the timeless classic - Big Bottoms

...Big Bottoms drive me out of my mind....how can I leave this BeHind

025_517.jpg

Last edited:
Velvet Goldmine

Not for the come-up, but certainly for the tail end of a drug experience, I'd recommend Velvet Goldmine.
43m.jpg

The story of a reporter, Arthur Stuart, in the 1980s, searching for a glam rock star, Brian Slade, who disappeared in the 1970s. Most of the story takes place during the 70s in the form of flashbacks where the interviewees recall their role in Slades life. We also learn about Stuart's background as a teenager growing up in the 70s glam rock era.

What makes it a great drug movie, is the background story... Is Slade destined to be the biggest pop star in history? What else is in his destiny? Did aliens give him the gift to be a pop-star? Can he give this gift to others? Trippy stuff! It's also got a superbly done soundtrack, from 70s punk and glam rock, 80s pop and more. Being based around music stardom, music is playing all through-out the movie, and there are plenty of club scenes. ;)

Also, For a come-up, or just before heading out or peaking:
Underworld's Everything Everything DVD. You've got a choice between two camera angles, live concert or tomato art jam visuals.
Bjork's Volumen video clip DVD is so pretty aurally and visually.

To keep you in a happy place on come-down:
Anything directed by Kevin Smith.
For totally over-the-top hilarity and social comentary, anything recently directed by John Waters, especially Cecil B. DeMented and Serial Mom. His older stuff is a head fuck...

But, if you like a bit of head fucking on come-down, I recommend Being John Malcovich, The Cell, Natural Born Killers and Bum Fights.

gleep =D

Last edited:
Movies to look out for on Acid !

let's see if we can get a movie list of movies to watch for on Acid;

I'll be the first

1 - Fear and Loathing in Las-Vegas
2 - Wizard of Oz - AND Alice in Wonderland

C'mon, I know there are plenty of others !
Winsom