• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

God will call drug dealers to account, says Pope

That's not wine silly. That's the actual blood of Christ! Definitely not an intoxicant.

Yeah, the government has a monopoly on that already

as well as organized religons.

christianity and governemnt work together hand in hand

the government distributes more weapons and drugs than any force. They imprision all independent street dealers to knock out competition. They cover thier ass by claiming drugs on the street are dangerous, when really they sell the same substances only in more addictive and pure forms, thru pharmacutical companies.

dont lie cheat or steal....the government hates competition.
supression at its greatest

Cant you people see that the government is controlling every aspect of our lives.
Controlling what we put inside ourselves is like controlling how we feel and think.

I guess most people are too stupid to think for them selves and rather have other people do it for them.
Or have a religous figure claim God told him so.

Last edited:
Trogdor said:
Since drugs aren't illegal in Vatican City, the only drugs the Pope could possibly be referring to are the legal ones, by default. I believe this includes oil.

what? so you mean i can't consider someone who sells kratom in australia a drug dealer because it's legal here? that makes no sense. and even if that did somehow makes sense, youre still twisting meanings. when you sell oil, youre not selling it as a a drug and your customers are not using as a drug. why would you even try to imply that its the same thing as dealing cocaine or heroin?

And if he's referring to everybody else's drug policies, well then that makes him a hypocrit doesn't it. Then again, I believe that the fabric that ridiculous hat is made out of is interwoven with hypocrisy.

how does it make him a hypocrite?

how does it make him a hypocrite?

Well on a non-drug related issue, I believe the Vatican stood by during WW2 and diodn't condemn the holocaust (and the current incumbent was a member of the Wermacht) so condeming drug dealers while staying silent on genocide qualifies as a fuck off sized hypocrite in my book

i asked how referring to drug policies in other places made him a hypocrite, not random reasons random people think he is a hypocrite.

well a hypocrite in one area is more likely to be an overall hypocrite, so if the cap fits...

well just about everyone on the planet is a hypocrite in one area (probably more).

But on tat sort of scale? Not many reach those sort of heights of hypocracy (that's something the Catholic church seems to specialize in - coming from an Irish Catholic background I've heard 1st hand reports from members of my own family of it)

well to be honest, i don't know much about the pope. he could be the biggest hypocrite in the world for all i know. all i am saying is that saying drug dealers will be held accountable shouldn't be unexpected. i mean, as i explained before, making your living by selling illegal and dangerous substances is definitely morally questionable and "God" is supposed to hold those who commit wrongdoings accountable.

I'd say it depends on your motives as it's possible for people to be involved in distributing psychedelics with an intent to 'turn the world on to love' which isn't morally reprehensible (well not in my book). Doing it purely for profit/gain is obviously an act of selfishness as you're profiting from others misery, but then that would cover a hell of a lot of others that haven't been condemed to the judgement of god by said man in dress (arms manufactures being a fucking good example as well as brewers - communal wine anyone - and various other folk). What about the Catholic church's past history - they've probably more deaths on their hands than all the drug dealers combined

Seems he's very selective in his condemnation so therefore rather hypocritical (the vatican having shares in a pharmaceutical firm manufacturing the pill being a glaring case). Basically they're full of self-righteous bollocks without any trace of insight to their own actions

Fucking political pope.. The first thing he did when he got here in Brazil was condemning abortion, just a couple of months after the new health minister suggested discussing its legalization.

fastandbulbous said:
I'd say it depends on your motives as it's possible for people to be involved in distributing psychedelics with an intent to 'turn the world on to love' which isn't morally reprehensible (well not in my book).

so what if youre distributing heroin with an intent to 'turn to the world onto love'? heroin certainly produces loving and often times empathetic feelings. i personally think the idea of giving people drugs to 'turn them on to love' is bullshit. however, if you did honestly believe you were doing that and were not motivated by profit, then you would be held accountable for being naive rather than for exploiting people for profit.

Doing it purely for profit/gain is obviously an act of selfishness as you're profiting from others misery, but then that would cover a hell of a lot of others that haven't been condemed to the judgement of god by said man in dress (arms manufactures being a fucking good example as well as brewers - communal wine anyone - and various other folk). What about the Catholic church's past history - they've probably more deaths on their hands than all the drug dealers combined

actually, pretty much all acts of selfishness have been condemned. in the case of arms manufactures one could argue that guns don't kill people, people kill people. it's not necessarily wrong to manufacture a weapon.

Seems he's very selective in his condemnation so therefore rather hypocritical (the vatican having shares in a pharmaceutical firm manufacturing the pill being a glaring case). Basically they're full of self-righteous bollocks without any trace of insight to their own actions

well like i said, he may be a hypocrite just like everyone else. that doesn't mean he's wrong when he condemns drug dealing though.

actually, pretty much all acts of selfishness have been condemned. in the case of arms manufactures one could argue that guns don't kill people, people kill people. it's not necessarily wrong to manufacture a weapon.

Well in that case, drugs don't kill people - ignorance does and the dealers aren't to blame, governments & religeous leaders are for being so crap about proper drug education. Will they be called to account? By your arguement above they should be

Hypocrisy

What about all the drunk ass Catholics? In my town Catholic churches have carnivals to raise money. And at every one of the carnivals they have beer tents. I guess since the drug alcohol is legal, then its OK. Alcohol kills more people in the U.S. than any other drug. Drugs are drugs. The key is moderation. I'm tired of the hypocrisy. Pope should stop throwing stones when his own people are doing the same kind of dirt.:p

fastandbulbous said:
Well in that case, drugs don't kill people - ignorance does and the dealers aren't to blame, governments & religeous leaders are for being so crap about proper drug education. Will they be called to account? By your arguement above they should be

educated people die from drugs all the time. just take a look around these forums and you will find the most educated users here will often admit to having done very dangerous things with drugs, plus the late bluelighters who are no longer with us as a result of their drug use. furthermore, selling drugs is illegal, i am sure the pope doesn't advocate the illegal firearms trade. and finally, yes people who knowingly spread harmful lies or misinformation about drugs and other things will be held accountable by god (assuming he exists and holds people accountable for stuff) in my view.

illuminati stylez said:
What about all the drunk ass Catholics? In my town Catholic churches have carnivals to raise money. And at every one of the carnivals they have beer tents. I guess since the drug alcohol is legal, then its OK. Alcohol kills more people in the U.S. than any other drug. Drugs are drugs. The key is moderation. I'm tired of the hypocrisy. Pope should stop throwing stones when his own people are doing the same kind of dirt.:p

first of all, the bible already condemns drunkeness stating several times that it is a sin. the pope doesn't need to say drunkards will be held accountable because the bible already says so. secondly, you are wrong. tobacco is the drug which kills the most people in the U.S., not alcohol.